- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on a Convergence Education System to Improve University Students' Life Competencies
대학생의 생애역량 강화를 위한 융복합형 교육시스템 모색
- Kim, Bu-Ja (Dept. of Global Business & Information, Seoul Christian University) ;
- Kim, Jun-Whai (Dept. of Global Business & Information, Seoul Christian University)
- Received : 2014.10.15
- Accepted : 2014.12.20
- Published : 2014.12.28
Life competencies most required for university students, who receive a higher education and prepare to go into society, are job competencies. People with a variety of competencies are needed in the job market in a globally-oriented 21st-Century knowledge-based society. Now that raising competent people who have a high level of job competency is regarded as one of university functions, a way to improve job competencies through university education needs to be investigated. This study proposes a convergence education system to improve job competencies. The convergence education system includes five type of convergence: convergence in major fields of study, convergence in education courses, convergence in education space, convergence in education methods, and convergence in education period. This education system is expected to improve a variety of job competencies including cognitive competencies, non-cognitive competencies, and global competencies.
- DeSeCo, The definition and selection of key competencies: executive summary. http://www.oecd.org, 2005.
- Kim, Nam-Hee, Kim, An-Na, Kim, Tae-Jun, "Research on the national standard of life competencies and quality management for learning system", Korean Educational Development Institute, 2003.
- McClelland, D. C., "Testing for competence rather than for intelligence", American Psychologist, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 1-14, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0034092
- Spencer, L., & Spencer, S., Competence at work: Models for superior performance, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1993.
- Dubois, David D., Competency-based performance improvement: a strategy for organizational change, Amherst, MA: HRD Press, 1993.
- Song, Young-Su, "Directions and strategies for the corporate HRD organization to meet the information and knowledge era of the 21st century", Study on Learning and Performance, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 53-89, 2000.
- "Report on the qualities the top 100 enterprises look for in their employees", The Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 2013.
- Woo, Jeong-Han, Lee, He-Kwang, "The effects of TIE vocational education on job preparation skills and learning attitude of students with mental retardation", Journal of Special Education: Theory and Practice, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 159-180, 2009.
- Frodeman, R., Klein, J., & Mitcham, C., The Oxford handbaook of interdisciolinarity, UK: Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Nissan, E., & Niroomand, F., "Technological change and contribution to growth and convergence", The Journal of Economic Development, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 113-134, 2006.
- Lee, Byung-Sick, "A study on the way to internationalize and advance university education", Ministry of Education, 2004.
- Mok, Jin-Hwu, Hur, Man-Hyoung, Kim, Hee-Kyoung, Jang, Duck-Hee, Kim, Deog-Ki, "The study for the evaluation of the university career education", Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training, 2009.