- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of a Smart Oriental Medical System Using Security Functions
- Received : 2014.08.16
- Accepted : 2014.10.17
- Published : 2014.12.25
In future, hospitals are expected to automatically issue remote transcriptions. Many general hospitals are planning to encrypt their medical database to secure personal information as mandated by law. The electronic medical record system, picture archiving communication system, and the clinical data warehouse, amongst others, are the preferred targets for which stronger security is planned. In the near future, medical systems can be assumed to be automated and connected to remote locations, such as rural areas, and islands. Connecting patients who are in remote locations to medical complexes that are usually based in larger cities requires not only automatic processing, but also a certain amount of security in terms of medical data that is of a sensitive and critical nature. Unauthorized access to patients' transcription data could result in the data being modified, with possible lethal results. Hence, personal and sensitive data on telemedicine and medical information systems should be encrypted to protect patients from these risks. Login passwords, personal identification information, and biological information should similarly be protected in a systematic way. This paper proposes the use of electronic acupuncture with a built-in multi-pad, which has the advantage of being able to establish a patient's physical condition, while simultaneously treating the patient with acupuncture. This system implements a sensing pad, amplifier, a small signal drive circuit, and a digital signal processing system, while the use of a built-in fuzzy technique and a control algorithm have been proposed for performing analyses.
Security function;Clinical data warehouse;Fuzzy
- Y. J. Kim, "A meridian system study on Mawangtew medical books and Whang Di Nei Qing," The Journal of Oriental Medical Classics, vol. 9, pp. 51-86, 1995.
- H. W. Kim, "Meridian system and Bong-Han Theorys Sanal," in The Korean Society Jungshin Science 21th Fall Symposium, 2004, pp. 37-43.
- K. S. Soh, "Meridian point and meridian system in the Bong-Han Theory," Gwahaksasang, vol. 47, pp. 68-88, Nov. 2003.
- M. J. Alter, Science of Flexibility, 3rd ed., Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 2004.
- Health Insurance Review Agency, 2001 Health Insurance Review and Evaluation Statistical Yearbook. Seoul: Health Insurance Review Agency, 2002.
- S. Finando and D. Finando, "Fascia and the mechanism of acupuncture," Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 168-176, Apr. 2011. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbmt.2010.03.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbmt.2010.03.001
- Gwon TG, The Outlook of Information and Future War, Seoul: Korea National Defense University, 2004.
- D. M. Jeong, Y. J. Kim, and I. C. Sohn, "Hydrodynamic analysis for objectification of meridian substance by vibration stimulus of body," Journal of the Korean Jungshin Science Society, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 141-145, Dec. 1999.
- D. M. Jeong, Y. H. Lee, S. R. Lee, and K. S. Kim, "Implementation of the visualizing system for meridian by overlapping with bio-signal and image," Journal of the Korean Jungshin Science Society, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 133-140, Dec. 1999.
- MEDICORE, "Accelerated photoplethysmograph," Available http://medi-core.co.kr/kor/apg.php
- H. S. Son, J. B. Park, and Y. H. Joo, "Intelligent range decision method for figure of merit of sonar equation," Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 304-309, Aug. 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2013.23.4.304 https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2013.23.4.304
- M. Park, H. Cho, K. Kim, and S. Kim, "Improvement of bipolar magnetic guidance sensor performance using fuzzy inference system," Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 58-63, Feb. 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2014.24.1.058 https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2014.24.1.058
- T. J. Lee and K. B. Sim, "EEG based vowel feature extraction for speech recognition system using international phonetic alphabet," Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 90-95, Feb. 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2014.24.1.090 https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2014.24.1.090
Grant : 미래융합 바이오전자 메디컬 고급 창의인력 양성사업단