- Volume 34 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Seeding Rates on the Forage Quality and Productivity of Direct-Seeded Whole Crop Rice
직파재배시 파종량이 총체 벼의 수량 및 사료가치에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Jong Geun (Research Institute of Eco-friendly Livestock Science, INSTITUTE of GREEN BIO SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, Seoul National University) ;
- Park, Hyung Soo (Grassland & Forages Division, National Institute of Animal Science) ;
- Kim, Ji Hea (Grassland & Forages Division, National Institute of Animal Science) ;
- Ko, Han Jong (Jeju Special Self-Governing Province)
- Received : 2014.06.17
- Accepted : 2014.07.18
- Published : 2014.12.31
This experiment was conducted to evaluate the effect of seeding rates on the forage quality and productivity of direct-seeded whole crop rice at the experimental field of the Grassland and Forages Division, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA from 2007 to 2008. Whole crop rice variety, "Nokyang", developed by the National Institute of Crop Science, was directly seeded with four different seeding rates (30, 60, 90 and 120 kg/ha). There were no significant differences (p<0.05) found in emergence date, heading date, greenish and disease resistance based on the seeding rates. Plant height increased at higher seeding rates but the tiller number per plant decreased (p<0.05). The dry matter (DM) content showed no significant difference based on seeding rates (p<0.05) while the yield of fresh and dry matter increased with incremented seeding rates (p<0.05). Acid detergent fiber (ADF) content increased with higher seeding rates, but the neutral detergent fiber (NDF) content did not show a similar tendency. The total digestible nutrient (TDN) content was lowest with 120 kg/ha seeding rate. The grain ratio decreased at higher seeding rates. In economic analysis, the plot seeded at a rate of 60 kg/ha showed the highest income increment. Although high seeding rates increased the DM yield, a seeding rate of 60 kg/ha is recommended as the proper seeding rate for direct-seeded whole crop rice.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- A.O.A.C. 1995. Official method of analysis(15th ed.). Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Arlington, VA. Washington D. C.
- Cho, N.K. and Ko, D.H. 2003. Effect of seeding dates on ecological response, yield potential and feed value in Jeju Italian Millet. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 23(4):271-276. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2003.23.4.271
- Cho, N.K., Song, C.K., Kim, I.S., Cho, Y.I. and Oh, E.K. 2001a. Effect of number of plants per hill on the major characters, forage yield and chemical composition. Journal of Animal Science and Technology. 43(6):967-972.
- Cho, N.K., Song, C.K., Song, S.W., Cho, Y.I. and Oh, Y.K. 2001b. Effects of seeding rate on agronomic characteristics, forage yield and chemical composition of oat. Journal of Animal Science and Technology. 43(4):561-568.
- Choi, J.S., Beak, J.S., Park, H.H., Chung, Y.G., Lee, J.J., Park, K.H., Yang, S.J. and Kim, J.G. 2006. Breeding for whole crop rice silage & winter forage crop in Korea. Proceeding of the 2006 Grassland & Forage Congress. pp. 87-105.
- Goering, H.K. and Van Soest, P.J. 1970. Forage fiber analysis. Agic. Handbook 379, U. S. Government Print Office, Washington, D.C.
- Han, K.J. and Kim, D.A. 1992. Effects of seeding rates and nitrogen fertilization levels on the agronomic characteristics, nutritive value and forage yield of spring oat. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 12(1):59-66.
- Kim, D.A., Sung, K.I. and Kwon, C.H. 1986. Effect of sowing time and seeding rate on growth characteristics, winter survival and dry matter yield of forage rye. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 6(3):164-168.
- Kim, J.G., Chung, E.S., Lee, J.K., Lim, Y.C., Yoon, S.H. and Kim, M.J. 2009. Comparison of yield and quality of direct-seeded whole crop rice. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 29(1):25-30. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2009.29.1.025
- Kim, J.G., Chung, E.S., Ham, J.S., Seo, S., Kim, M.J., Yoon, S.H. and Lim, Y.C. 2007. Effect of growth stage and variety on the yield and quality of whole crop rice. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 27(1):1-8. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2007.27.1.001
- Kim, J.G., Kim, W.H. and Seo, S. 2006. Production and utilization technology of forage crops and whole crop rice in paddy field. Proceeding of the 2006 Grassland & Forage Congress. pp.59-85.
- Lee, J.S., Park, S.T., Lee, K.Y., Shin, S.U. and Kim, S.C. 1997. Optimum seeding rate of water seeded rice on corrugated paddy surface in east coastal area. Korean Journal of Crop Science. 42(5):522-527.
- Lee, J.H., Chung, H.Y., Beak, J.S., Hong, H.C.g, Yang, S.J., Lee, Y.T., Sung, K.I. and Kim, B.W. 2005. Evaluation of whole crop rice for animal feed. Proceeding of the 2005 Grassland & Forage Congress. pp. 224-225.
- Lim, Y.C., Yoon, S.H., Jung, M.W., Kim, W.H., Kim, J.G., Lee, J.K., Seo, S., Park, N.G. and Yook, W.B.. 2007. Effect of livestock manure application on the productivity of whole crop rice, feed value and soil fertility. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 27(4):287-296. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2007.27.4.287
- Masaoka, Y.K. and Takano, N.B. 1980. Studies on the digestibility of forage crop. I. Effect of plant density on the feeding value of a sorghum-sudangrass hybrid. Journal of Japanese Grassland and Forage Science. 26(2):179-184.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs. 2013. The current situation of forage increase production and supplementation policy. pp.2-5.
- Park, S.T., Kim, S.C., Choi, C.D. and Lee, S.K. 1985. Competitive response of rice cultivar in association with plant spacing and seedling number per hill. Korean Journal of Crop Science. 30(3):252-258.
- Rural Development Administration. 2002. Research development status and future strategy for rice consumption promotion. pp.5-43.
- SAS Institute, Inc. 1999. SAS user's guider : Statistics. SAS Inst., Inc.
- Yoshida, Norio. 2006. Current situation and prospect of production and utilization of whole crop rice for feed. International Symposium on Production and Utilization of Whole Crop Rice for Feed. XII AAAP Animal Science Congress 2006. pp. 25-29.
- Effect of Seeding Methods and Nitrogen Fertilizer Rates on the Forage Quality and Productivity of Whole Crop Rice vol.35, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2015.35.2.87
- Study on the Forage Cropping System Linked to Whole Crop Rice and Winter Crop in Southern Region vol.38, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2018.38.4.202