- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Use of Sodium Hypochlorite for the Control of Bakanae Disease in Rice
벼 키다리병 방제를 위한 차아염소산나트륨 이용
- Received : 2014.08.19
- Accepted : 2014.10.13
- Published : 2014.12.31
For application of sodium hypochlorite as a seed disinfectant to the control of bakanae disease caused by Gibberella fujikuroi in rice, we investigated the effects of sodium hypochlorite for antifungal activity, eliminating fungus from seeds and reducing disease occurrence in vitro and greenhouse. The viability of the pathogen was significantly reduced at
Bakanae disease;Gibberella fujikuroi;Sodium hypochlorite
- Kim, S. J., Won, J. G., Ahn, D. J., Park, S. D. and Choi, C. D. 2008. Occurence of bakanae disease (Gibberella fujikuroi) growth characteristics of rice by different disinfection method. Korean J. Crop Sci. 53: 417-420. (In Korean)
- Chun, S. C., Schneider, R. W. and Cohn, M. A. 1997. Sodium hypochlorite: effect of solution pH on rice seed disinfestation and its direct effect on seedling growth. Plant Dis. 81: 821-824. https://doi.org/10.1094/PDIS.19184.108.40.2061
- Han, S. 2007. Review of disease occurrence of major crops in Korea in 2007. Proceedings of Annual Falling Meeting & Symposium of KSPP. 19-20.
- Kim, C. K. 1981. Ecological studies of bakanae disease of rice, caused by Gibberella fujikuroi. Korean J. Plant Protect. 20: 146-150. (In Korean)
- Komada, H. 1976. A new selective medium for isolating Fusarium from natural soil. Proc. Am. Phytopathol. Soc. 3: 221.
- Lee, Y. H., Kim, S., Choi, H. W., Lee, M. J., Ra, D. S., Kim, I. S., Park, J. W. and Lee, S. W. 2010. Fungicide Resistance of Fusarium fujikuroi isolates isolated in Korea. Korean J. Pestic Sci. 14: 427-432. (In Korean)
- McInroy, J. A. and Kloepper, J. W. 1995. Population dynamics of endophytic bacteria in field-grown sweet corn and cotton. Can. J. Microbiol. 41: 895-901. https://doi.org/10.1139/m95-123
- Myung, I. S., Park, K. S., Hong, S. K., Park, J. W., Shim, H. S., Lee, Y. K., Lee, S. Y., Lee, S. D., Lee, S. H., Choi, H. Y., Heu, S., Shin, D. B., Ra, D. S., Yeh, W. H. and Cho, W. D. 2005. Review of disease incidence of major crops of the South Korea in 2004. Res. Plant Dis. 11: 89-92. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2005.11.2.089
- Park, H. G., Shin, H. R., Lee, Y., Kim, S. W., Kwon, O. D., Park, I. J. and Kuk, Y. I. 2003. Influence of water temperature, soaking period, and chemical dosage on bakanae disease of rice (Gibberella fujikuroi) in seed disinfection. Korean J. Pestic Sci. 7: 216-222. (In Korean)
- Segall, R. H. 1968. Fungicidal effectiveness of chlorine as influenced by concentration, temperature, pH, and spore exposure time. Phytopathology 58: 1412-1414.
- Park, W. S., Choi, H. W., Han, S. S., Shin, D. B., Shim, H. K., Jung, E. S., Lee, S. W., Lim, C. K. and Lee, Y. H. 2009. Control of bakanae disease of rice by seed soaking into the mixed solution of procholraz and fludioxnil. Res. Plant Dis. 15: 94-100. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2009.15.2.094
- Robbs, P. G., Bartz, J. A., Brecht, J. K. and Sargent, S. A. 1995. Oxidationreduction potential of chlorine solutions and their toxicity to Erwinia carotovora subsp. carotovora and Geotrichum candidum. Plant Dis. 79: 158-162. https://doi.org/10.1094/PD-79-0158
- Sauer, D. B. and Burroughs, R. 1986. Disinfection of seed surfaces with sodium hypochlorite. Phytopathology. 76: 745-749. https://doi.org/10.1094/Phyto-76-745
- Shin, M. U., Kang, H. J., Lee, Y. H. and Kim, H. T. 2008. Detection for the resistance of Fusarium spp. isolated from rice seeds to prochloraz and cross-resistance to other fungicides inhibiting sterol biosynthesis. Korean J. Pestic Sci. 12: 277-282. (In Korean)
- Sung, J. M., Yang, S. S., Lee, E. J. and Park, J. S. 1983. Classification of Fusarium moniliforme Isolates into four strains based on mycological characteristics. Korean J. Mycol. 11: 169-175. (In Korean)
- Yamashita, T., Eguchi, N. and Saito, Y. 1995. Straightforward methods for monitoring benomyl resistant strains of Fusarium moniliforme, the causal fungus of "Bakanae" disease. Proceedings of the Kanto-Tosan Plant Protection Society 42: 23-25.
- Baseline Sensitivity and Monitoring for the Resistance to Benomyl of Fusarium Species Causing Bakanae Disease in Korea vol.43, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2015.43.4.260