- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of Factors InFluencing Copyright Protection Decision-Making among Korean eSports Game Users
e-스포츠 콘텐츠 이용자들의 저작권보호 의사결정에 대한 영향요인 분석
- Received : 2014.10.27
- Accepted : 2014.11.26
- Published : 2014.12.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the factors influencing copyright protection decision-making among Korean eSports game users. Data collection was conducted over a month at an eSports arena located in Seoul. Of the surveys collected, 354 valid data (88.5% of response rate) were analyzed in SPSS Ver. 20.0 through descriptive statistics, correlation and multiple regression analysis. The results showed that copyright protection decision-making regarding eSports contents was significantly influenced by legal/moral norm, perceive group norm, and past habit/behavior. Among the factors, legal/moral norm was found to be the most influential on copyright protection decision-making.
eSports;Copyright Protection Decision-making;Game Contents
- 채희상, 강신규, "e스포츠의 스포츠 범주화에 대한 탐색적 연구", 한국게임학회지, 제11권, 제3호, pp.85-95, 2011.
- R. R. Sims, H. K. Cheng, and H. Teegen, "Toward a profile of student software piraters," Journal of Business Ethics, Vol.15, No.8, pp.839-849, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00381852
- T. Moores and G. Dhillon, "Software piracy: A view from Hong Kong," Communications of the ACM, Vol.43, No.12, pp.88-93, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1145/355112.355129
- S. Bhattacharjee, R. D. Gopal, and G. L. Sanders, "Digital music and online sharing: Software piracy 2.0?," Communications of the ACM, Vol.46, No.7, pp.107-111, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1145/792704.792707
- A. Nill, J. Schibrowsky, and J. W. Peltier, "Factors that influence software piracy: A view from Germany," Communications of the ACM, Vol.53, No.6, pp.131-134, 2010.
- A. Acilar, "Demographic factors affecting freshman students' attitudes towards software piracy: An empirical study," Issues in Informing Science and Information Technology, Vol.7, pp.321-328, 2010. https://doi.org/10.28945/1209
- G. E. Higgins, "Gender differences in software piracy: The mediating roles of self-control theory and social learning theory," Journal of Economic Crime Management, Vol.4, No.1, pp.1-30, 2006.
- I. Ajzen and M. Fishbein, Understanding attitudes and predicting social behavior, Prentice-Hall Publication, Inc., 1980.
- I. Ajzen, "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational behavior and human decision processes, Vol.50, No.2, pp.179-211, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- C. C. Wang, C. T. Chen, S. C. Yang, and C. K. Farn, "Pirate of buy? The moderating effect of idolatry," Journal of Business Ethics, Vol.90, No.1, pp.81-93, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-009-0027-y
- H. Aleassa, J. M. Pearson, and S. McClurg, "Investigating software piracy in Jordan: An extension of the theory of reasoned action," Journal of Business Ethics, Vol.98, No.4, pp.663-676, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-010-0645-4
- G. Hofstede, Culture's consequences (2nd ed.), Sage Publication, Inc., 2001.
- P. Kotler, Marketing management (11th ed.), Prentice-Hall Publication, Inc., 2003.
- C. Yoon, "Theory of planned behavior and ethics theory in digital piracy: An integrated model," Journal of Business Ethics, Vol.100, No.3, pp.405-417, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-010-0687-7
- S. S. Alam, A. Ahmad, M. S. Ahmad, and N. M. H. N. Hashim, "An empirical study of an extended theory of planned behaviour model for pirated software purchase," World Journal of Management, Vol.3, No.1, pp.124-133, 2011.
- A. G. Peace, D. F. Galleta, and J. Y. L. Thong, "Software piracy in the workplace: A model and empirical test," Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol.20, No.1, pp.153-177, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.2003.11045759
- A. d'Astous, F. Colbert, and D. Montpetit, "Music piracy on the web - How effective are anti-piracy arguments? Evidence from the theory of planned behavior," Journal of Consumer Policy, Vol.28, No.3, pp.289-310, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10603-005-8489-5
- S. Plowman and S. Goode, "Factors affecting the intention to download music: Quality perceptions and downloading intensity," Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol.49, No.4, pp.84-97, 2009.
- T. P. Cronan and S. Al-Rafee, "Factors that influence the intention to pirate software and media," Journal of Business Ethics, Vol.78, No.4, pp.527-545, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-007-9366-8
- A. Haque, S. Rahman, and A. Khatibi, "Factors influencing consumer ethical decision making of purchasing pirated software: Structural equation modeling on Malaysian consumer," Journal of International Business Ethics, Vol.3, No.1, pp.30-40, 2010.
- T. T. Moores, A. Nill, and M. A. Rothenberger, "Knowledge of software piracy as an antecedent to reducing pirating behavior," Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol.50, No.1, pp.82-89, 2009.
- F. Cuevas, Student awareness of institutional policy and it's effect on peer to peer file sharing & piracy behavior, The Florida State University, Doctoral dissertation, 2010.
Supported by : 국민체육진흥공단