- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Study of the Stray Load Loss and Mechanical Loss of Three Phase Induction Motor considering Experimental Results
Kim, Dong-Jun;Choi, Jae-Hak;Chun, Yon-Do;Koo, Dae-Hyun;Han, Pil-Wan
- Received : 2013.04.10
- Accepted : 2013.06.25
- Published : 2014.01.01
The accurate determination of induction motor efficiency depends on the estimation of the five losses of stator and rotor copper loss, iron loss, mechanical loss and stray load loss. As the mechanical and stray load losses are not calculated by electro-magnetic analysis, the values of these two losses are very important in induction motor design. In this paper, the values of mechanical loss and stray load loss are proposed through investigating testing data from commercial products of three phase induction motors under 37kW. If the values of this paper are applied to motor design, the accuracy of design and analysis can be improved. The losses of motors are obtained by using load and no-load test results following IEC 60034-2-1 standard.
Stray load loss;Mechanical loss;Efficiency;Induction motor
- A. T. de Almeida, F. T. E. Ferreira, J. F. Busch, and P. Angers, "Comparative analysis of IEEE 112-B and IEC 34-22 efficiency testing standards using stray load losses in low voltage three-phase cage induction motors", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 38, no. 2 , pp. 608-614, Mar./Apr. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.993186
- E.B. Agamloh, "An Evaluation of induction machine stray load loss from collated test results", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 2311-2318, Nov. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2010.2070474
- T.A. Lipo, "Introduction to AC Machine Design", Wisconsin Power Electronics Research Center, University of Wisconsin, 2004, pp 302-304.
- IEC 60034-2-1, "Standard methods for determining losses and efficiency from tests (excluding machines for traction
- IEEE Std. 112, "IEEE Standard Test Procedure for Polyphase Induction Motors and Generators," 2004.
- A. Boglietti, "Impact of the Supply Voltage on the Stray-Load Losses in Induction Motors", IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl., vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 1374-1380, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2010.2049721
- K. Bradley, "Evaluation of Stray Load Loss in Induction Motors with a Comparison of Input-Output and Calorimetric Methods", IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl., vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 682-689, 2006.
- A. Boglietti, "International Standards for the Induction Motor Efficiency Evaluation: A Critical Analysis of the Stray-Load Loss Determination", IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl., vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 1294-1301, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.834034
- Imposed Weighting Factor Optimization Method for Torque Ripple Reduction of IM Fed by Indirect Matrix Converter with Predictive Control Algorithm vol.10, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.1.227