- Volume 7 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
High-strength RC columns subjected to high-axial and increasing cyclic lateral loads
- Bhayusukma, Muhammad Y. (Department of Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University) ;
- Tsai, Keh-Chyuan (Department of Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University)
- Received : 2013.12.24
- Accepted : 2014.03.29
- Published : 2014.11.25
This experimental investigation was conducted to examine the behavior and response of high-strength material (HSM) reinforced concrete (RC) columns under combined high-axial and cyclic-increasing lateral loads. All the columns use high-strength concrete (
high-strength concrete;high-yield strength steel;high-axial load;RC column;cyclic loads;ductility
Supported by : National Center for Research on Earthquake Engineering (NCREE)
- Ho, J.C.M. and Luo, L. (2012), "Uni-axial behaviour of normal-strength concrete-filled-steel-tube columns with external confinement", Earthq. Struct., 3(6), 889-910. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2012.3.6.889
- Elwood, K.J., Maffei, J., Riedere, K.A. and Telleen, K. (2009), "Improving column confinement-Part 1: assessment of design provision", Concrete International, November.
- Kawai, T. (2007), "State-of-the-art report on high-strength concrete in Japan -recent developments and applications-, http://www.jsce.or.jp/committee/concrete/e/newsletter/newsletter05/7-Vietnam%20Joint%20Seminar%20(Kawai).pdf
- Rashid, M.A., Mansur, M.A. and Paramasivam, P. (2002), "Correlation between mechanical properties of high-strength concrete", ASCE J. Mater. Civil Eng., 14, (3), 230-238. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0899-1561(2002)14:3(230)
- Ashtiani, M.S., Scott, A.N. and Dhakal, R.P. (2013), "Mechanical and fresh properties of high-strength self-compacting concrete containing class C fly ash", Construct. Build. Mater., 47, 1217-1224. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2013.06.015
- ACI Committee 318 (2011), Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI-318-11) and Commentary, American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, MI, USA.
- ACI Committee 363 (1992, Reapproved 1997), State-of-the-Art Report on High Strength Concrete (ACI 363R-92), American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, MI, USA.
- Ahn, J.M. and Shin, S.W. (2007), "An evaluation of ductility of high-strength reinforced concrete columns subjected to reversed cyclic loads under axial compression", Mag. Concrete Res.59(1), 29-44. https://doi.org/10.1680/macr.2007.59.1.29
- Hwang, S.K., Yun, H.D., Park, W.S. and Han, B.C. (2005), "Seismic performance of high-strength concrete columns", Mag. Concrete Res., 57(5), 247-260. https://doi.org/10.1680/macr.2005.57.5.247
- Bayrak, O. and Sheikh, S.A. (1997), "High-strength concrete columns under simulated earthquake loading", ACI Struct. J., 94(6), 708-722.
- Caballero-Morrison, K.E., Bonet, J.L, Navarro-Gregori, and Marti-Vargas, J.R. (2012), "Behaviour of steel-fibre-reinforced normal-strength concrete slender columns under cyclic loading", Eng. Struct., 39, 162-175. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.02.003
- Hwang, S.K. and Yun, H.D. (2004), "Effect of transverse reinforcement on flexural behaviour of high-strength concrete columns", Eng. Struct., 26, 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2003.08.004
- Legeron, F. and Paultre, P. (2000), "Behavior of high-strength columns under cyclic flexure and constant axial load", ACI Struct. J., 97(4), 591-601.
- Lepage, A., Tavallali, H., Pujol, S. and Rautenberg, J. (2008), "Towards earthquake-resistant concrete structures with ultra high-strength steel reinforcement", The 14th World Concference on Earthquake Engineering, Beijing, October.
- Li, B. and Park, R. (2004), "Confining reinforcement for high-strength columns", ACI Struct. J., 101(3), 314-324.
- Newmark, N.M. and Hall, W.J. (1980), Earthquake Spectra and Design, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, Berkeley, California, USA
- Razvi, S.R., and Saatcioglu, M (1994), "Strength and deformability of confined high-strength concrete columns", ACI Struct. J., 91(6), 1-10.
- Sezen (2000), "Seismic behavior and modeling of reinforced concrete building columns", Ph.D. Dissertation, University of California, Berkeley.
- Sezen, H. and Moehle, J.P. (2006), "Seismic test of concrete columns with light transverse reinforcement", ACI Struct. J., 103(6), 842-849.
- Xiao, X., Guan, F.L. and Yan, S. (2008), "Use of ultra-high-strength bars for rectangular high-strength concrete frame columns", Mag. Concrete Res., 60(4), 253-259. https://doi.org/10.1680/macr.2008.60.4.253
- Xiao, Y. and Yun, H.W. (2002), "Experimental studies on full-scale high-strength concrete columns", ACI Struct. J., 99(2), 129-207.
- Zhou, K.J.H., Ho, J.C.M. and Su, R.K.L. (2010), "Normalised rotation capacity for deformability evaluation of high-performance concrete beams", Earthq. Struct., 1(3), 269-287. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2010.1.3.269
- Experimental behavior and shear bearing capacity calculation of RC columns with a vertical splitting failure vol.9, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2015.9.6.1233