- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Comparison Evaluation of Distribution Engine Oils in Korea
국내 유통 엔진오일 품질비교 연구
- Lim, Young-Kwan (Korea Petroleum Quality and Distribution Authority) ;
- Jeong, Choong-Sub (Korea Petroleum Quality and Distribution Authority) ;
- Lee, Joung-Min (Korea Petroleum Quality and Distribution Authority) ;
- Na, Byung-Ki (Department of Chemical Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2014.05.14
- Accepted : 2014.09.17
- Published : 2014.12.10
Domestic vehicle companies have been selling genuine engine oils with higher price than that of the same grade of regular engine oils. In this study, our group investigated the properties of engine oils for 14 kinds of the genuine and equivalent regular engine oil (KS product) species under a fresh as well as used condition recovered after 10,000 km driving. From analytic results, genuine engine oils had similar physical properties to regular engine oils under the fresh condition. But recovered regular engine oils had better properties in lubricity, kinematic viscosity and acid number change than those of recovered genuine engine oils.
genuine engine oil;regular engine oil;durability test;comparison evaluation;physical properties
- Korea Automobile Manufacturers Association (http://www.kama.or.kr).
- H. Kaneko, H. Morisato, Y. Noshiro, M. Seri, Y. Ito, and K. Sasaki, Revision of the automatic transmission fluid-anti-shudder performance test: activity report of JASO ATF Subcommittee for JASO M349-2001, JSAE Review, 24, 355-356 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0389-4304(03)00043-2
- Y. K. Lim, C. S. Jung, J. M. Lee, K. W. Han, and B. K. Na, The monitoring study of exchange cycle of automatic transmission fluid, Appl. Chem. Eng., 24, 274-278 (2013).
- Y. K. Lim, S. Y. Ham, J. M. Lee, and C. S. Jung, The physical properties for engine oil using real vehicles, J. KSTLE, 28, 93-98 (2012).
- Korea Lubricating Oil Industries Association (http://www.kloria.or.kr).
- Manual for regular inspection in Hyundai motor company (http://www.hyundai.com/kr/index.do).
- Korea Petroleum Quality & Distribution Authority (http://www.kpetro.or.kr).
- Business act for quality standard, inspection method and inspection fee of petroleum product, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, 2014-71.