- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Isotherms, Kinetics and Thermodynamic Parameters Studies of New Fuchsin Dye Adsorption on Granular Activated Carbon
입상 활성탄에 대한 New Fuchsin 염료흡착의 등온선, 동력학 및 열역학 파라미터에 관한 연구
- Lee, Jong-Jib (Div. of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University)
- 이종집 (공주대학교 화학공학부)
- Received : 2014.10.30
- Accepted : 2014.11.04
- Published : 2014.12.10
Batch adsorption studies including equilibrium, kinetics and thermodynamic parameters for the adsorption of new fuchsin dye using granular activated carbon were investigated with varying the operating variables such as initial concentration, contact time and temperature. Equilibrium adsorption data were fitted into Langmuir, Freundlich, Dubinin-Radushkevich and Temkin isotherms. Adsorption equilibrium was mostly well described by Langmuir Isotherm. From the estimated separation factor of Langmuir (
Supported by : 공주대학교
- A. Reife and H. S. Freeman, Pollution prevention in the production of dyes and pigments, Text. Chem. Color. Am. Dyes. Rep., 32, 56-60 (2000).
- T. Chakrabarti, P. V. R. Subrahmanyan, and B. B. Sundaresan, Biodegradation of recalcitrant industrial wastes, Biotreat. Sys., 2, 171-234 (1988).
- M. Hema and S. Arivoli, Comparative study on the adsorption kinetics and thermodynamics of dyes onto acid activated low cost carbon, Int. J. Phys. Sci., 2, 10-17 (2007).
- A. Demirbas, Agricultural based activated carbon for the removal of dyes from aqueous solutions: A review, J. Hazard. Mater., 167, 1-9 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.12.114
- I. A. W. Tan, A. L. Ahmad, and B. H. Hameed, Adsorption of basic dye on high-surfacearea activated carbon prepared from coconut husk: equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies, J. Hazard. Mater., 154, 337-346 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2007.10.031
- S. Ismadji, Y. Sudaryanto, S. B. Hartono, L. E. K. Setiawan, and A. Ayucitra, Activated carbon from char obtained from vacuum pyrolysis of teak sawdust: porestructure development and characterization, Bioresour. Technol., 96, 1364-1369 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2004.11.007
- G. Bayramoglu, B. Altintas, and M. Y. Arica, Adsorption kinetics and thermodynamic parameters of cationic dyes from aqueous solutions by using a new strong cation-exchange resin, Chem. Eng. J., 152, 339-346 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2009.04.051
- J. M. Bastidas, P. Pinilla, E. Cano, J. L. Polo, and S. Miguel, Copper corrosion inhibition by triphenylmethane derivatives in sulphuric acid media, Corros. Sci., 45, 427 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-938X(02)00123-3
- B. D. Bhole, B. Ganguly, A. Madhuram, D. Deshpande, and J. Joshi, Biosorption of methyl violet, basic fuchsin and their mixture using dead fungal biomass, Curr. Sci., 86, 1641 (2004).
- J. W. Churchman, The reverse selective bacteriostatic action of acid fuchsin, J. Exp. Med., 37, 1-10 (1923). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02609141
- A. A. Fisher, Irritant and toxic reactions to phenol in topical medications, Cutis, 26, 363 (1980).
- N. A. Littlefield, B. N. Blackwell, C. C. Hewitt, and D. W. Gaylor, Chronic toxicity and carcinogenicity studies of gentian violet in mice, Toxicol. Sci., 5, 902-912 (1985). https://doi.org/10.1093/toxsci/5.5.902
- V. K. Gupta, A. Mittal, V. Gajbe, and J. Mittal, Adsorption of basic fuchsin using waste materials-bottom ash and deoiled soya-as adsorbents, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 319, 30-39 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2007.09.091
- R. J. Lan, J. J. Li, and B. H. Chen, Ultrasonic degradation of fuchsin basic in aqueous solution: effects of operating parameters and additives, Int. J. Photoenenrgy, 15, 1-7 (2013)
- L. Huang, J. Kong, W. Wang, C. Zhang, S. Nia, and B. Gao, Study on Fe(III) and Mn(II) modified activated carbons derived from Zizania latifolia to removal basic fuchsin, Desalination, 286, 268-276 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2011.11.034
L. Zhang, X. Zhou, X. Guo, X. Song, and X. Liu, Investigation on the degradation of acid fuchsin induced oxidation by
$MgFe_2O_4$under microwave irradiation, J. Molecular Catalyst. A: Chemical 335, 31-37 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molcata.2010.11.007
- A. S. Elsherbiny, Adsorption kinetics and mechanism of acid dye onto montmorillonite from aqueous solutions: stopped-flow measurements, Appl. Clay. Sci., 83-84, 56-62 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2013.07.014
- T. W. Weber and R. K. Chakrabarti, Pore and solid diffusion kinetics in fixed bed adsorption under constant pattern conditions, Ind. Chem. Eng. Fund., 5, 212-223 (1996).
- J. J. Lee, Equilibrium, kinetics and thermodynamic parameters studies on metanil yellow dye adsorption by granular activated carbon, Appl. Chem. Eng., 25, 96-102 (2014). https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2013.1122
- B. H. Fukukawa, Activated carbon water treatment technology and management, Y. K. Kim, 69-70, Shinkwang Munhwa Publishing Co. Seoul (1996).
- S. Nethaji, A. Sivasamy, G. Thennarasu, and S. Saravanan, Adsorption of malachite green dye onto activated carbon derived from borassus aethiopum flower biomass, J. Hazard. Mater., 181, 271-280 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2010.05.008
- M. Jain, V. Garg, and K. Kadirvelu. Chromium (VI) removal from aqueous solution, using sunflower stem waste, J. Hazard. Mater., 162, 365-372 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.05.048
- J. J. Lee, Adsorption Equilibrium, kinetics and thermodynamic parameters studies of bismarck brown R dye adsorption on granular activated carbon, Appl. Chem. Eng., 24, 327-332 (2013).
O. Grecel, A. Ozcan, A. S. Ozcanand, and H. F. Grecel, Preparation of activated carbon from a renewable bio-plant of euphorbia rigidia by
$H_2SO_4$activation and its adsorption behavior in aqueous solutions, Appl. Surf. Sci., 253, 4843-4852 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2006.10.053
- Y. Onal, C. A. BaSar, D. Eren, C. S. Onalzdemir, and T. Depci, Adsorption kinetics of malachite green onto activated carbon prepared from tuncbilek lignite, J. Hazard. Mater., B128, 150-157 (2006).
- H. Nollet, M. Roels, P. Lutgen, P. Van der Meeren, and W. Verstraete, Removal of PCBs from wastewater using fly ash, Chemosphere, 53, 655 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(03)00517-4
- Y. Li, J. Sun, Q. Du, L. Zhang, X. Yang, S. Wu, Y. Xia, Z. Wang, L. Xia, and A. Cao, Mechanical and dye adsorption properties of graphene oxide/chitosan composite fibers prepared by wet spinning, J. Carbohydr Polym., 102, 755-761 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2013.10.094
- Equilibrium, Kinetic and Thermodynamic Parameter Studies on Adsorption of Acid Black 1 Using Coconut Shell-Based Granular Activated Carbon vol.27, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2016.1085