- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on Physical Properties of PVC Involving Norbornene Dialkyl Ester
Norbornene Dialkyl Ester가 첨가된 PVC의 물성 연구
- Yun, Dae-Hee (Industrial Chemistry, Sangmyung University) ;
- Ko, Tae-Won (Industrial Chemistry, Sangmyung University) ;
- Woo, Je-Wan (Industrial Chemistry, Sangmyung University)
- Received : 2014.09.01
- Accepted : 2014.09.19
- Published : 2014.12.10
In this study, we observed changes in the physical properties of norbornene dialkyl ester applied to a PVC. The PVC specimens were prepared by blending PVC, norbornene dialkyl ester and stabilizers. Then, the hardness, tensile strength, elongation, tearing strength, transmittancy, haze and yellowness index of these specimens were measured, and were compared with DOP. The hardness of compounds except dicyclohexyl-5-norbornene-2,3-dicarboxylate (DCHN) were an equal to or higher than that of DOP. The tearing strength and tensile characteristic of DCHN could not be analyzed due to its high hardness. Tensile properties such as the tensile strength and elongation were improved for six compounds except diisononyl-5-norbornene-2,3-dicarboxylate (DINN). All compounds measured showed better tearing strength and transmittancy than those of DOP. Also all norbornene derivatives except DDN showed good haze indices. The yellowness index of DON and DPN showed similar values as DOP.
Norbornene dialkyl ester;Plasticizers;Poly vinyl chloride (PVC);Mechanical properties
Supported by : 상명대학교
- M. G A. Vieira, M. A. da Silva, and L. O. dos Santos, Natural-based plasticizers and biopolymer films: A review, Eur. Polym. J., 47, 254-263 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2010.12.011
- A. Lindstrom and M. Hakkarainen, Environmentally friendly plasticizers for poly(vinyl chloride)-Improved mechanical properties and compatibility by using branched poly(butylene adipate) as a polymeric plasticizer, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 100, 2180-2188 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.23633
- M. K. Mundra, A. Ghosh-Dastidar, R. F. Eaton, and N. Chin, Performance comparison of bio-based plasticizers with selected phthalate and non-phthalate alternatives in wire & cable jacket application, Proceeding of the 61st IWCS Conference, November 11-14, Rhode Island (2012).
- Y. H. Choi and W. K. Lee, Effect of plasticizers on physical properties of poly(vinyl acetate-co-ethylene) emulsion, J. Kor. Ind. Eng. Chem., 20, 459-463 (2009).
- R. Navarro, M. P. Perrino, M. G. Tardajos, and H. Reinecke, Phthalate plasticizers covalently bound to PVC: plasticization with suppressed migration, Macromolecules, 43, 2377-2381 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma902740t
- S. J. Hong, S. C. Oh, H. P. Lee, H. T. Kim, and K. O. Yoo, A study on the pyrolysis characteristics of poly(vinyl chloride), HWAHAK KONGHAK, 37, 515-521 (1999).
- C. H. N. Laufer, B. I. Chaudhary, R. F. Eaton, and B. D. Nguyen, Performance analysis of bio-based vs. non-bio-based plasticizers for PVC, Proceeding of the 59st IWCS Conference, November 7-10, Rhode Island (2010).
- H. H. Cho, Epigenetic control of endocrine disrupting chemicals on gynecological disease: focused on phthalates, Kor. J. Obstet Gynecol, 55, 619-628 (2012). https://doi.org/10.5468/KJOG.2012.55.9.619
- S. Genay, C. Luciani, B. Decaudin, N. Kambia, T. Dine, N. Azaroual, P. D. Martino, C. Barthelemy, and P. Odou, Experimental study on infusion devices containing polyvinyl chloride: To what extent are they di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate-free?, Int. J. Pharm., 412, 47-51 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2011.03.060
J. S. Choi and S. Y. Kwak, Hyperbranched poly(
$\varepsilon$-caprolactone) as a nonmigrating alternative plasticizer for phthalates in flexible PVC, Environ. Sci. Technol., 41, 3763-3768 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1021/es062715t
- J. S. Park and J. W. Woo, Eco-friendly esterification of dicarboxylic acid using recovered boric acid, Appl. Chem. Eng., 24, 72-76 (2013).
- Y. W. Jin, J. S. Park, Y. S. Park, and J. W. Woo, The synthesis and characterization of nadic dialkyl-ester derivatives with trialkyl borate, Adv. Mat. Res., 415-417, 1849-1852 (2012).
- D. H. Oh, D. J. Kim, and K. H. Seo, Effect of plasticizers on mechnical properties of PVC compounds, Elastomer, 34, 391-398 (1999).
- S. H. Park, J. S. Park, T. W. Ko, Y. S. Park, and J. W. Woo, Esterification of 5-norbornene-2,3-dicarboxylic anhydride under titanium catalyst, Adv. Mat. Res., 634-638, 642-646 (2013). https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.634-638.642
- J. S. Park, D. H. Yun, T. W. Ko, Y. S. Park, and J. W. Woo, Kinetic study of the Diels-Alder reaction of cyclopentadiene with bis(2-ethylhexyl) maleate, Adv. Mat. Res., 634-638, 541-545 (2013). https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.634-638.541
- J. S. Park, H. C. Oh, Y. S. Park, and J. W. Woo, Synthesis of norbornene derivative using Diels-Alder reaction, Adv. Mat. Res., 421, 136-139 (2012).
- B. Yin and M. Hakkarainen, Oligomeric isosorbide esters as alternative renewable resource plasticizers for PVC, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 119, 2400-2407 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.32913
- M. A. da Silva, M. C. A. Vieira, A. C. G. Macumoto, and M. M. Beppu, Polyvinylchloride (PVC) and natural rubber films plasticized with a natural polymeric plasticizer obtained through polyesterification of rice fatty acid, Polym. Test., 30, 478-484 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymertesting.2011.03.008
- A Study on Processing and Physical Properties of Isoprene Rubber Involving Norbornene Dialkyl Ester vol.27, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2016.1022