- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Synthesis of Diarylide Pigments and Their Dispersion Behavior by Dispersion Precursors
분산 전구체를 이용한 Diarylide계 안료의 합성 및 분산거동
- Kim, Song Hyuk (First Color Co. Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Jae Hwan (First Color Co. Ltd.) ;
- Yang, Seok Won (First Color Co. Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Dae-Sung (Eco Composite Materials Lab, Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering & Technology) ;
- Lee, Gun-Dae (Department of Industrial Chemistry, Pukyong National University) ;
- Park, Seong Soo (Department of Industrial Chemistry, Pukyong National University)
- 김송혁 ((주) 퍼스트칼라) ;
- 김재환 ((주) 퍼스트칼라) ;
- 양석원 ((주) 퍼스트칼라) ;
- 김대성 (한국세라믹기술원) ;
- 이근대 (부경대학교 공업화학과) ;
- 박성수 (부경대학교 공업화학과)
- Received : 2014.08.11
- Accepted : 2014.09.13
- Published : 2014.12.10
In this study, the diarylide compound pigment of high hiding power and vivid color was synthesized successfully by controlling several factors such as pH, coupler solution temperature, kind and addition amount of dispersion precursor, and crystallization temperature in the process of coupling synthesis. The properties of samples were measured by the means of FT-IR, UV-Vis spectroscopy, PSA, zeta potential, and turbiscan. It was found that the highly dispersive sample could be prepared by introducing the dispersive precursor.
Diarylide pigment;Yellow pigment;Coupling reaction;Crystallization
Supported by : 부경대학교
- M. J. Barrow, R. M. Christie, and T. D. Badcock, The crystal and molecular structure of C. I. pigment yellow 83, a superior performance diarylide yellow pigment, Dyes & Pigments, 57, 99-106 (2002).
- H. Sasaki, K. Yamada, Y. Iida, and N. Asashi, Colored composition for color filter and liquid crystal display device, US Patent, 7,804,561 (2010).
- M. U. Schmidt, R. E. Dinnebier, and H. Kalkhof, Crystal engineering on industrial diaryl pigments using lattice energy minimizations and X-ray powder diffraction, J. Phys. Chem. B, 111, 9722-9732 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1021/jp071731p
- W. Herbst and K. Hunger, Industrial Organic Pigments, 3rd ed., 12-261, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim DE (2004).
- T. Cserhati, E. Forgacs, and G. Oros, Biological activity and environmental impact of anionic surfactants, Environ. Int., 28, 337-348 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0160-4120(02)00032-6
- R. Schwartz, U. Cassias, and P. C. Nielsen, Diarylide yellow pigments, US Patent, 8,034,174 (2011).
- I. F. Fraser, S. K. Wilson, and I. A. Macpherson, Method of improving pigment fluorescence, US Patent, 6,923,856 (2005).
- M. T. Garcia, I. Ribosa, T. Guindulain, J. S. Laeal, and J. V. Rego, Fate and effect of monoalkyl quaternary ammonium surfactants in the aquatic environment, Eviron. Pollut., 111, 169-175 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0269-7491(99)00322-X
- G. Chisholm, B. Hay, K. D. M. Harris, S. J. Kitchin, and K. M. Morgan, Effects of fluorination on the properties of orgamic pigments, Dyes & Pigments, 42, 159-172 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0143-7208(98)00091-6
- R. M. Christie and B. D. Howie, Potential alternatives for 3,3-dichlorobenzidine as tetrazo components for diarylide yellow and orange pigments, Part 1: p-phenylenediamine and its derivatives, Dyes & Pigments, 80, 245-253 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dyepig.2008.07.006
- ASTM Standard D 4187-82, Zeta potential of colloids in water and waste water, Am. Soc. for Testing & Mater. (1985).
- C. H. Hare, Paint film degradation: mechanisms and control, 71-77, The Society for Protective Coatings, Pittsburgh, USA (2001).
F. Karakas and M. S. Celik, Mechanism of
$TiO_2$stabilization by low molecular weight NaPAA in reference to water-borne paint suspensions, Colloid Surface A, 434, 185-193 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2013.05.051
- S. Farrokhpay, A review of polymeric dispersant stabilisation of titania pigment, Adv. Colloid. Interface, 151, 24-32 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cis.2009.07.004