- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of aerodynamic characteristics for the selection of cross-section to the TBM railway tunnels
TBM 철도터널 단면선정을 위한 공기역학적 특성 분석
- Lee, Ho-Keun (Bnttek Inc.) ;
- Kang, Hyun-Wook (Bnttek Inc.) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Soo (Pyunghwa Engineering Consultants Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Hong-Moon (Pyunghwa Engineering Consultants Ltd.)
- Received : 2013.11.15
- Accepted : 2013.11.25
- Published : 2013.11.30
Although the TBM method is mainly adopted in overseas market including the Europe, etc, the method scarcely adopted in domestic market. For highly enhancing applications of the TBM method for railway, It is needed to select the optimal cross-section considering design elements of civil engineering and aerodynamic effects. Also, it is needed to establish plan of proper section as well as reviewing aerodynamic effects and consideration about civil engineering elements such as length of tunnel, speed of railway, height of whole lines and size of utility tunnel, etc. Even though it should be recently considered high-speed railway tunnels and required to be standard establishments in aerodynamic reviews, it is being applied to be criteria of inconsistent pneumatic analysis owing to be not related with domestic standards. In this study, therefore, we are willing to establishment of domestic and foreign aerodynamic standards and investigate correlation between optimal cross-section and aerodynamic effects of TBM railway tunnels.
Grant : TBM 핵심 설계.부품기술 및 TBM터널의 최적 건설기술 개발
Supported by : 국토해양부
- Kwon, H.B., Nam, S.W., Kwak, J.H. (2009), "Assessment of the pressure transient inside the passenger cabin of high-speed train using computational fluid dynamics", Journal of The Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 12-1, pp. 65-71.
- Kim, S.H., Moon, Y.O., Kim, G.L., Jo, H.J., Lee, S.W. (2012), "A study on the determination of railway tunnel cross-section areas in the aerodynamic aspect", 2012 Annual Conference of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, pp. 109-117.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2011), "Guidelines for rolling stock safety standards".
- UIC code 779-11, "Determination of railway tunnel cross-sectional areas on the basis of aerodynamic considerations" 2nd edition, February 2005, International Union of Railways.
- UIC code 660, "Measures to ensure the technical compatibility of high-speed trains" 2nd edition, August 2002, International Union of Railways
- Kim, D.H., Shin, M.H., Han, M.S. (2000), "Experimental study on the slit cover hood for reducing the micro pressure waves in high-speed train-tunnel interfaces", TUNNEL & UNDERGROUND SPACE, Journal of Korean Society for Rock Mechanics, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 3-10.
- Report 07-P-5256-TZF 13-T2-E (2007), "Micropressure Waves KOREA for DB International", Deutsche Bahn AG.
- 独立行政法人 鉄道建設.運輸施設整備支援機構 (2008), "山岳トンネル設計施工標準.同解説", pp. 119.