- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Business impact analysis for disaster management of large underground limestone mine
석회석광산 지하대형공간의 재난관리를 위한 업무영향력 분석
- Lee, Seong-Min (Youngdong University, Dept. of Civil & Environment Engineering) ;
- Kim, Sun-Myung (Hanbuk University, Dept. of Energy & resources) ;
- Lee, Yeon-Hee (Youngdong University, Industry-Academy collaboration foundation)
- Received : 2013.11.05
- Accepted : 2013.11.18
- Published : 2013.11.30
As Limestone mines have been operated with various environmental, societal and managemental problems depending on their characteristics and developing methods, many great efforts have been applied to solve these problems. Installing the mining facilities underground is one of the successful efforts to keep the sustainable limestone mine development. This effort could reduce these problems. However, unfortunately it made an side effect of constructing a large underground space in mining site. Moreover, this space caused a necessity of various disaster managements for the safety of workers and facilities. This study introduces the priority list of a limestone mining process if there are disasters in underground mining site. This result is coming from the risk assessment and business impact analysis on survey data which were obtained from the miners of that particular limestone mine. According to the result, the highest risk is 'disregard of safety guidelines in crushing & classifier process'. The result also shows the highest priority business, above all things, is 'a pit linked work of in & out process'.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원
- Korean agency for technology and standards (2002), KS A ISO/IEC Guide 73, pp. 1-6.
- Disaster focus, (2010), "Japan, shikoku construction BCP certification", Internet homepage (http://www.di-focus.com)
- Hyun, K.C., Min, S.Y., Moon, J.B., Jeong, G.H., Lee, I.M. (2012), "Risk management applicable to shield TBM tunnel", Journal of Korean Tunnelling Association, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 667-697. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2012.14.6.667
- Korea Business Continuity Planning Association Inc (2011), Tectbook for advanced course of disaster management, pp. 181-214.
- Lee, S.M., Kim, S.M., Lee, Y.H. (2012), "Introduction of the M (i,j,k) BCP and risk assessment of underground limestone mine", Tunnel and underground space, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 383-392. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2012.22.6.383
- Ministry of Government legislation (2013), Internet homepage (http://www.law.go.kr)
- Ministry of trade,industry & energy (2013), Internet homepage (http://www.motie.go.kr)
- Paul Hopkin (2012), Fundamental of risk management, Koganpage, pp. 187-197.
- Saaty, T.L. (1980), The analytic hierarchy process, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Yonhapnews article (2013), "The death toll from china's mine accident reached 800 in this year", Internet homepage (http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr)
- Yoon, Y.K., Seo, S.M., Choi, B.H. (2013), "Risk assessment with the development of CAES underground storage cavern", Tunnel and underground space, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 319-325. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2013.23.4.319
- You, K.H. (2010), "A case study on the optimal tunnel design based on risk analysis", Journal of Korean Tunnelling Association, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 379-387.