- Volume 42 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Identification of Bulgogi Sauce Added with Low Quantity of Electron Beam-Irradiated Garlic Powders by Thermoluminescence Analysis: An Inter-Laboratory Study
전자선 조사 처리한 마늘분말 첨가 불고기소스의 혼합비와 살균처리에 따른 열발광 판별특성: 실험실 교차 검증시험
- Ahn, Jae-Jun (School of Food Science & Biotechnology, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Jeongeun (Dept. of Food, Nutrition and Cook, Taegu Science University) ;
- Baek, Ji-Yeong (Advanced Radiation Technology Institute, Korea Atomic & Energy Research Institute) ;
- Jeong, Il-Yun (Advanced Radiation Technology Institute, Korea Atomic & Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kwon, Joong-Ho (School of Food Science & Biotechnology, Kyungpook National University)
- 안재준 (경북대학교 식품공학부) ;
- 이정은 (대구과학대학 식품영양조리과) ;
- 백지영 (한국원자력연구원 첨단방사선연구소) ;
- 정일윤 (한국원자력연구원 첨단방사선연구소) ;
- 권중호 (경북대학교 식품공학부)
- Received : 2013.07.30
- Accepted : 2013.10.23
- Published : 2013.11.30
Bulgogi sauces containing electron beam-irradiated garlic powder (1%, 3%, and 5%) were used to compare their irradiation status before and after pasteurization (
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- WHO. 1981. Wholesomeness of food. Report of a joint FAO/IAEA/WHO expert committee. WHO technical report series 659. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- Kwon JH, Chung HW, Kim BK, Ahn JJ, Kim GR, Jo DJ, Ahn KA. 2011. Research and application of identification methods for irradiated foods. Safe Food 6: 11-27.
- Farkas J, Farkas CM. 2009. History and future of food irradiation. Trends Food Sci Tech 22: 121-126.
- KFDA. 2012. Food Code. Korea Food and Drug Administration, Seoul, Korea. Article 2-1-11-2-1-12.
- Arvanitoyannis IS. 2010. Consumer behavior toward irradiated food. In Irradiation of Food Commodities: Techniques, Applications, Detection, Legislation, Safety and Consumer Opinion. Academic Press, London, UK. p 673-698.
- Chauhan SK, Kumar R, Nadanasabapathy S, Bawa AS. 2009. Detection methods for irradiated foods. Compr Rev Food Sci Saf 8: 4-16. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1541-4337.2008.00063.x
- Delincee H. 2002. Analytical methods to identify irradiated food - A review. Radiat Phys Chem 63: 455-458. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0969-806X(01)00539-4
- EN 1788. 2001. Foodstuffs-thermoluminescence detection of irradiated food from silicate minerals can be isolated. European Committee of Standardization. Brussels, Belgium.
- Soika C, Delincée H. 2000. Thermoluminescence analysis for detection of irradiated food-luminescence characteristics of minerals for different types of radiation and radiation doses. LWT-Food Sci Technol 33: 431-439. https://doi.org/10.1006/fstl.2000.0683
- Ahn JJ, Akram K, Kwak JY, Jeong MS, Jang YD, Kwon JH. 2012. Radiation-induced thermoluminescence characteristics of feldspar upon different heat and microwave treatments. J Lumin 32: 1964-1968.
- Kim GR, Akram K, Ahn JJ, Kwon JH. 2012. Identification of gamma ray and electron-beam irradiated wheat after different processing treatments. J Cereal Sci 56: 347-351. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcs.2012.02.013
- Lee J, Kausar T, Kim BK, Kwon JH. 2008. Detection of gamma-irradiated sesame seeds before and after roasting by analyzing photostimulated luminescence, thermoluminescence, and electron spin resonance. J Agric Food Chem 56:7184-7188. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf801416r
- Delincee H. 1998. Detection of food treated with ionizing radiation. Trends Food Sci Technol 9: 73-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-2244(98)00002-8
- Engin B. 2007. Thermoluminescence parameters and kinetics of irradiated inorganic dust collected from black peppers. Food Control 18: 243-250. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2005.10.002
- Kim BK, Kwon JH. 2004. Identification characteristics of irradiated dried red pepper during storage by analysis of thermoluminescence, DNA comet, and DEFT/APC. Korean J Food Sci Technol 36: 851-856.
- Lee JA, Chung HW, Kwon JH. 2010. Detection of different ratios of gamma-irradiated turmeric by photostimulated luminescence and thermoluminescence. Korean J Food Sci Technol 42: 648-652.
- Ahn JJ, Kim GR, Akram K, Kim JS, Kwon JH. 2012. Change in thermoluminescence properties of minerals separated from irradiated potatoes and garlic during long-term storage under different light conditions. Eur Food Res Technol 235:75-82. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00217-012-1740-9
- Marchioni E, Horvatovich P, Charon H, Kuntz F. 2005. Detection of irradiated ingredients included in low quantity in non-irradiated food matrix. 2. ESR analysis of mechanically recovered poultry meat and TL analysis of spices. J Agric Food Chem 53: 3774-3778. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0481002
- KFDA. 2012. Food Code. Korea Food and Drug Administration, Seoul, Korea. Article 10-8-40-10-8-60.
- FAO/WHO CODEX STAN. 2003. General methods for the detection of irradiated foods. CODEX STAN 231-2001.
- Kwon JH, Ahn JJ, Akram K, Son IJ, Lee SO. 2013. Characterization of radiation-induced luminescence properties and free radicals for the identification of different gamma-irradiated teas. Anal Bioanal Chem 405: 4225-4234. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-013-6849-6
- Soika C, Delincee H. 2000. Thermoluminescence analysis for detection of irradiated food-effects of dose rate on the glow curves of quartz. LWT-Food Sci Technol 33: 440-443. https://doi.org/10.1006/fstl.2000.0682
- Autio T, Pinnioja S. 1990. Identification of irradiated foods by the thermoluminescence of mineral contamination. Z Lebensm Unters Forsch 191: 177-180. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01197616
- Kim BK, Akram K, Kim CT, Kang NR, Lee JW, Ryang JH, Kwon JH. 2012. Identification of low amount of irradiated spices (red pepper, garlic, ginger powder) with luminescence analysis. Radiat Phys Chem 81: 1220-1223. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radphyschem.2012.01.023
- Kitai S, Furuta M. 2009. Change in thermoluminescence of irradiated paprika powder during storage under various temperature and humidity conditions. Radiat Phys Chem 78:703-705. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radphyschem.2009.04.001
- Identification of electron beam-resistant bacteria in the microbialreduction of dried laver (Porphyra tenera) subjected to electron beam treatment vol.23, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2016.23.1.139