- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
여중생의 초경경험과 정신건강의 연관성 연구
The association between menarche experience and mental health in middle school girls
- Ahn, Kyung-Min (Sahmyook Health University Beauty Hair) ;
- Hong, Kyung-Hee (Sahmyook Health University Liberal Arts)
- 투고 : 2013.10.22
- 심사 : 2013.11.07
- 발행 : 2013.11.30
이 연구는 14세의 여중학생의 초경 경험과 정신건강과의 연관성을 파악하고자 수행되었다. 연구 대상으로 제 8차 (2012년) 청소년건강행태 온라인 조사에 참여한 여중생 1학년 5,991명을 선별하였다. 데이터는 spss프로그램을 사용하여 빈도분석, t-test, chi-square, 로지스틱 회귀분석을 통하여 분석하였다. 대상자중 4,473명의 초경경험 여학생군(여학생의 평균 초경연령은 12.8세)과 1,518명의 비 초경경험 여학생군을 확인하였다. 초경경험과 정신건강의 로지스틱 분석결과, 지각 스트레스(OR=1.39, 1.20-1.62, p<0.001), 인지 우울증(OR=1.25, 1.10-1.42, p<0.05), 자살 생각(6OR=1.60, 1.38-1.87, <0.001), 자살 계획(OR=1.66, 1.33-2.81, p<0.001)과 자살 시도 (OR=1.42, 1.09-1.86, p<0.05)에 대한 위험 비 (OR)[95% confidence interval (CI)]는 초경 경험군에서 초경 비 경험군보다 높았다, 이러한 결과는 초경의 경험이 여중생의 정신건강에 연관성이 있음을 보여주고 있으며, 초경의 경험이 여자 청소년의 정신건강에 영향을 주는 중요한 요인이었음을 시사한다.
Adolescent girls's mental health;Health behavior;Menarche experience
- H, Sebald, "Adolescence: A Sociological Analysis" New York: Appleton, 1968.
- J. H. Park, K. S. Kim, K. H. Kim, G. W. Nam, K. W. Min, S. S. Lee, C. H. Jeong, H. S. Lee, H. J. Lee, "Association of Demographic Characteristics and Delinquent Behaviors and Level of Stress among Korean Senior High School Students", The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Science, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 971-978, 2013. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.6.971
- D. H. Ahn, "Mental Disorders in Adolescents", Journal of the Korean Medical Association, Vol. 52, No. 8, pp. 745-757, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2009.52.8.745 https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2009.52.8.745
- G. M. Kim, J. W. Kim, J. H. Kim, "Current state of research on youth depression and suicide prevention", Journal of the Korean Medical Association, Vol. 55, No. 4, pp. 356-361, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2012.55.4.356 https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2012.55.4.356
- H. Remschmidt, M. Belfer, "Mental health care for children and adolescents worldwide", A review, World Psychiatry, Vol. 4, pp. 147-153, 2005.
- "The Statistics of the 8th Korea Youth Risk Behavior Web-based Survey(KYRBWS) in 2012", Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2012.
- "The Statistics of 5th Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES V-S) in 2011", Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2011.
- M. S. Park, Y. K. Min, "Validation of Menstrual Attitude Scale and Effects of Menarche-Related Variables on Mestrual Attitude of Early Adolescent Females", Korean Journal of Psychology, Vol. 3, No. 9, pp. 43-67, 2004.
- U. H. Baek, "An Analysis on Physique, Body Mass Index and Bone Mineral Density According to Period of Elementary Schoolgirls'Menarche", Journal of Physical Growth and Motor Development, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 153-157, 2009
- H. J. Kim, "Study on an Attitude toward Menstruation, Perimenstrual Symptoms, and Coping of Nursing Students", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 288-295, 2005.
- M. H. Sung, K. S. Joo, "Relationships among Attitudes toward Menstruation, Peri-menstrual Symptoms, and Coping in Adolescent Girls", Korean Journal of Health Promotion, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 106-114, 2011.
- H. W. Kim, M. K. Kwon, "A Study of Menstruation of Middle School Students", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 148-155, 2005.
- M. F. Bear, B. W. Connors, and M. A, "PARADISO Neuroscience: Exploring the Brain, 3rd Ed", Lippincott Willams&Wilkins, 2006
- M. J. Park, I. S. Lee, E. K. Shin, H. J. Joung, S. I. Cho," The timing of sexual maturation and secular trends of menarchial age in Korean adolescents", Korean Journal of Pediatrics, Vol. 49, No. 6, pp. 610-616, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3345/kjp.2006.49.6.610 https://doi.org/10.3345/kjp.2006.49.6.610
- C. H. Hong, H. R. Cho, G. S. Park, "The secular trend of menarchial age in Korea",Journal of the Korean Pediatric Society, Vol. 36, pp. 239-43, 1993.
- S. H. Park, E. I. Kim, "Study on the estimation of the menarcheal age according to level of menarcheal experience rate", Journal of the Korean Society of Health Statistics, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 13-19,1993.
- H. S. Kim , J. Y. Kim , Y. K. Shin , S. H. Park , Y. C. Tockgo, "A study on menarchial age and monthly incidence of school girls in Ansan", Journal of the Korean Pediatric Society, Vol. 40, pp. 458-63. 1997.
- Y. K. Min, "Menstrual attitude structure of postmenarcheal girls", Journal of social science, Vol. 14, pp. 69-88, 2003.
- M. H. Sung, K. S. Joo, Relationships among Attitudes toward Menstruation, Peri-menstrual Symptoms, and Coping in Adolescent Girls ", Korean Journal of Health Promotion, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 106-114, 2011.
- K. H. Kong, S. H. Lee, "A Study for the Growth Acceleration Teudency of High School Girl Students in Korea", Journal of Physical Growth and Motor Development Vol. 4, pp. 69-81, 1996.
- K. S. Koo, "A Study on Relation of MIA and Menarche in the Growth Curve of the Korea Girl Students" Journal of Physical Growth and Motor Development, Vol. 3, pp. 23-38, 1995.
- J. G. Kim, "The effect of the physique maximum increment age and the body mass index of teenagers on menarche", The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 47, No. 4, pp. 517-524, 2008.
- U. H. Baek, K. S. Koo, "Analysis on the Status of Body Growth in Regional Youth", Journal of Physical Growth and Motor Development, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 23-35, 2000.
- U. H. Baek, "An Analysis on Menstrual Disorder During Youth According to the Period of Menarche", Journal of Physical Growth and Motor Development, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 9-14, 2009.
- J. I. Choi, "The Effects of Physical Growth on Menarche of Girl's Middle School Students", Journal of Physical Growth and Motor Development, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 129-137, 2003.
- E. K. Kim, S. H. Lee, "Comparison of Obesity and Growth Development in Menarcheal and Nonmenarcheal Girls", Journal of the Korean Dietetic Association, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 106-113, 2003.
- D. S. Jeong, "The Effects of Menarche on Physique Change of the Elementary School Female students", The Korean society of Elementary Physical Education, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 75-83, 2009.
- J. B. Kampert, A. S. Whittemore, R. S. Jr Paffenbarger, "Combined effect of childbearing, menstrual events, and body size on age-specific breast cancer risk", American journal of epidemiology, Vol. 128, No. 5, pp. 962-79, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a115070
- J. O. Drief, "Breast development in pubert", Annal New York Academic Science, Vol. 464, pp. 58-65, 1986. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.1986.tb15993.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.1986.tb15993.x
- R. Lakshman , N. Forouhi , R. Luben , S. Bingham , K. Khaw , N. Wareham , K. K. Ong, "Association between age at menarche and risk of diabetes in adults: results from the EPIC-Norfolk cohort study", Diabetologia, Vol. 51, No. 5, pp. 781-786, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00125-008-0948-5 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-008-0948-5
- B. K. Jacobsen, I. Heuch, G. Kvale, "Association of low age at menarche with increased all-cause mortality: a 37-year follow-up of 61,319 Norwegian women", American journal of epidemiology, Vol. 166, No. 12, pp. 1431-1437, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwm237 https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwm237
- J. S. Lindberg, W. B. Fears, M. M. Hunt, M. R. Powell, D. Boll, C. E. Wade, "Exercise-induced amenorrhea and bone density", Annals of internal medicine, Vol. 101, No. 5, pp. 647-648, 1984. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-101-5-647 https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-101-5-647
- J. C. Prior, Y. M. Vigna, M. T. Schechter, A. E. Burgess, "Spinal bone loss and ovulatory disturbances", The New England journal of medicine, Vol. 323, No. 18, pp. 1221-1227, 1990. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199011013231801 https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199011013231801
- E, Stice, K, Presnell, S. K. Bearman, "Relation of early menarche to depression, eating disorders, substance abuse, and comorbid psychopathology among adolescent girls", Developmental Psychology, Vol. 37, No. 5, pp. 608-619, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0012-16126.96.36.1998 https://doi.org/10.1037/0012-16188.8.131.528
- R. Kaltiala-Heino, M. Marttunen, P. Rantanen, M. Rimpela, "Early puberty is associated with mental health problems in middle adolescence", Social Science & Medicine, Vol. 57, pp. 1055-1064, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0277-9536(02)00480-X https://doi.org/10.1016/S0277-9536(02)00480-X
- C. Capron, C. Therond, M. Duyme, "Brief report: effect of menarcheal status and family structure on depressive symptoms and emotional/behavioural problems in young adolescent girls", Journal of adolescence, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 175-179, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.adolescence.2006.11.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adolescence.2006.11.004
- F. Deng, F. B. Tao, Y. H. Wan, J. H. Hao, P. Y. Su, Y. X. Cao, "Early menarche and psychopathological symptoms in young Chinese women", Journal of women's health, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 207-213, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2010.2102 https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2010.2102
- C. Joinson, J. Heron, G. Lewis, T. Croudace, R. Araya, "Timing of menarche and depressive symptoms in adolescent girls from a UK cohort", The British journal of psychiatry:the journal of mental science, Vol. 198, No. 1, pp. 17-23, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.bp.110.080861
- G. C. Patton, M. E. Hibbert, J. Carlin, Q. Shao, M. Rosier, J. Caust, G. Bowes, "Menarche and the onset of depression and anxiety in Victoria, Australia", Journal of epidemiology and community health, Vol. 50, No. 6, pp. 661-666, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/jech.50.6.661 https://doi.org/10.1136/jech.50.6.661
- J. M. Boden, D. M. Fergusson, L. J. Horwood, "Age of menarche and psychosocial outcomes in a New Zealand birth cohort", Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 132-140, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaac.2010.11.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaac.2010.11.007
- L. S. Adair, "Size at birth predicts age at menarche", Pediatrics, Vol. 107, pp. E59, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1542/peds.107.4.e59 https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.107.4.e59
- J. A. Kwon, E, C. Park, M. Lee, K. B. Yoo, S. Park, "Does stress increase the risk of atopic dermatitis in adolescents? results of the Korea Youth Risk Behavior Web-based Survey (KYRBWS-VI)", PLoS One, Vol. 8, No. 8, e67890, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0067890 https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0067890
- M. Osman, "Therapeutic implications of sex differences in asthma and atopy", Archives of disease in childhood, Vol. 88, pp. 587-90, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1136/adc.88.7.587
- J. H. Kim, C. H. Shin, "Observed Trends for an Earlier Onset of Puberty: When is the Need for Treatment Indicated?", Journal of Korean American Medical Association, Vol. 52, No. 12, pp. 1189-1200, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2009.52.12.1189 https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2009.52.12.1189