- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Suggestion on College Curriculum through the Competencies analysis of College Graduates
전문대학 졸업생 역량 분석을 통한 전문대학 교육과정 방향성 제고
- Lee, Byung-Hwa (Dept. of Tax Accounting, Koje College) ;
- Kim, Soo Hyun (Dept. of Early Childhood Education, Koje College)
- Received : 2013.08.01
- Accepted : 2013.11.07
- Published : 2013.11.30
The purpose of this study is to provide preliminary data to improve the quality of vocational education program by analyzing basic occupational skills and acquired knowledge of vocational college graduates. A total of 236 graduates were sampled to examine their competency importance level - competency performance level, and study differences between competency importance level and contribution level of college education. The paired sample t-test and importance-performance analysis were employed to investigate meaningful differences between competency importance level and Competency performance level in regard to acquired knowledge and basic occupational skills. Meaningful differences were found in 12 areas at significance level of 0.01. According to importance-performance analysis, differences were presented in 4 areas in the first quadrant, 1 in the second quadrant, 4 in the third quadrant, and 3 in the fourth quadrant. In comparison study between competency importance level and college contribution level, the latter was found to be relatively less influential as differences were presented in all of 12 areas at significance level of 0.01. This research will helps to enhance the practicality and effectiveness of education program in vocational college.
- Hyon-Dong, Kim, " Women college Graduate and Job Satisfaction-Interacting Effects of Job Readiness", The Journal of Vocational Education Research, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 241-258, 2011.
- Seong-Seop, Kim, Jae-Moon, Lim, Hyung-Ryong, Lee, "Evaluation of an International Conference Using Importance-Preformance Analysis: A Case Study of ISR2001", Tourism Management, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 257-274, 2001.
- Suuny, Kim, Youngshim, Kwon,, Jisook. Shin, "A Study for Promoting Key Competencies of college Students". The Korean Journal of Corporation Management, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 57-77, 2012.
- Korean Council for University Education. "University Evaluation of Industry view", 2009.
- Eun-Hwa, Lee, So-Jung, Yune, Sung-Hee, Huh, "Differences of Perception Between Students and Teachers to the Key Competencies Education in the University through A college Practice", The Journal of Vocational Education Research, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 51-67, 2011.
- Jeong Ji., Noh, " A Study on the Cognition of Professors and Students and the Differences in Student Characteristics Regarding the Key Competencies of Korea Polytechnics", The Korean Journal of Human Resource Development, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 105-125, 2011. https://doi.org/10.18211/kjhrdq.2011.13.2.006
- Yong-Kyun Lee, Kisung Lee, "Research on Forecasting the Future of Korea's Junior college", The Journal of Vocational Education Research, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 69-90, 2010.
- Young-Ho Hong, Jin-Hong Park. "Satisfation of Industry Research for the college". Journal of the korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 9, No. 9, pp. 3967-3974, 2011.
- So Youn, P., "Development of competency model for social entrepreneur", The Korean Journal of Human Resource Development, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 67-87, 2010. https://doi.org/10.18211/kjhrdq.2010.12.2.004