- Volume 33 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of Drought Vulnerability Index Using Delphi Method Considering Climate Change and Trend Analysis in Nakdong River Basin
낙동강 유역의 기후변화를 고려한 경향성 분석과 Delphi 기법을 이용한 가뭄 취약성 지수 개발
- Received : 2013.03.25
- Accepted : 2013.07.03
- Published : 2013.11.30
A vulnerability index was developed for drought by using trend analysis and Delphi method. Twelve indicators were selected based on three groups, i.e., hydrological, meteorological, and humanistic groups. Data were collected from Nakdong river watershed. Three trend tests, i.e., Mann-Kendall, Hotelling-Pabst, and Sen's trend tests, were performed for standardizing the indicators and Delphi method was used to estimate the weights for individual indicators. The drought vulnerability index was calculated for seven regions in the Nakdong watershed and Hapcheon turned out to be the most vulnerable region among the study regions. The drought vulnerability index developed in this study can be applied to other regions in Korea for establishing national water resources management plan.
Climate change;Drought;Trend test;Delphi method;Vulnerability index
- Yang, J. S., Park, J. H. and Kim, N. K. (2012). "Development of drought vulnerability index using trend analysis." Journal of Water Resource Association, KWRA, Vol. 32, No. 3B, pp. 185-192 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2012.32.5C.185
- Yu, G. Y. and Kim, I. A. (2008). Introduction method development and vulnerability assessment index of climate change, Korea Environment Institute (in Korean).
- Conover, W. J. (1971). Practical nonparametric statistics, Wiley.
- Hisdal, H., Stahl, K., Talaksen, L. M. and Demuth, S. (2001). "Have streamflow droughts in europe become more severe or frequent." International Journal of Climatology, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 317-333. https://doi.org/10.1002/joc.619
- IPCC (2007). Climate change 2007: The physical science synthesis report, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Kang, M. G., Lee, K. M., Ko, I. H. and Jeong, C. Y. (2008). "Development of a integranted indicator system for evaluating the state of watershed management in the context of river basin management using factor analysis." Journal of Water Resource Association, KWRA, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 277-291 (in Korean).
- Kendall, M. G. (1975). Rank correlation methods, Charles Griffin, London, p. 202.
- Bae, D. H., Jung, I. W. and Chang, H. (2008). "Long term trend of precipitation and runoff in Korean river basins." Hydrological Process, Vol. 22, No. 14, pp. 2644-2656 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.6861
- Choi, D. J., Park, D. H., Park, S. J., Lee, J. H. and Lee, H. J. (2009). "Development of water policy indicators : Water use indicators." Journal of Water Resource Association, KWRA, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 156-160 (in Korean).
- Lee, J. J., Jang, J. Y. and Kwak, C. J. (2010). "An analysis of temporal characteristic change for various hydrologic weather parameters (I) - On the basic statistic, trend." Journal of Water Resource Association, KWRA, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 409-419 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2010.43.4.409
- Lee, J. S. (2001). Method of Delphi, Publisher of Education and Science, Science Education (in Korean).
- Lee, J. Y., Yi, M. J., Lee, J. M., Ahn, K. H., Won, J. H., Moon, S. H. and Cho, M. J. (2006). "Parametric and non-parametric trend analysis of groundwater data obtained from national groundwater monitoring stations." Journal of Korean Society of Soil and Groundwater Environment, KoSSGE, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 56-67 (in Korean).
- Mann, H. B. (1945). Nonparametric tests against trend, Econometrica, 13, pp. 245-259. https://doi.org/10.2307/1907187
- National Institute of Meteoroligical Research (2004). Regional climate scenarios for climate change, output technology(III) (in Korean).
- Oliver, J. E. (2005). Encyclopedia of world climatology, Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York, p. 855.
- Salmi, T., Maatta, A., Anttila, P., Ruoho-Airola, T. and Amnell, T. (2002). "Detecting trends of annual values of atmospheric pollutants by the mann-kendall test and sen's slope estimates -The excel template application makesens." Finnish Meteorological Institute, Helsinki, p. 35.
- Son, M. W., Sung, J. Y., Chung, E. S. and Jun, K. S. (2011). "Development of flood vulnerability index considering climate change." Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, KWRA, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 231-248 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2011.44.3.231
- Sullivan, C. A. (2002). "Calculating a water poverty index." World Development, Vol. 30, No. 7, pp. 1195-1210. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-750X(02)00035-9
- How do local communities adapt to climate changes along heavily damaged coasts? A Stakeholder Delphi study in Ky Anh (Central Vietnam) 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-017-9908-x
Supported by : 교육과학기술부