- Volume 55 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study on Characteristics of Pressure Drop of Screens Used in Horticultural Facilities
원예시설용 망의 압력강하 특성에 대한 실험적 연구
- Received : 2012.12.04
- Accepted : 2013.10.07
- Published : 2013.11.30
This study was carried out to present the pressure drop for various wind speeds through nine types of screens used in horticultural facilities. The screens have been widely used to prevent harmful insects from being entered into agricultural facilities, to reduce strong wind and to shade a light as well. Whatever the usage of the screens was, it was necessary to have good knowledge of how much the screen caused a pressure drop for wind speeds when analyzing both the inner thermal-flow distribution in the facility and the effect of reducing wind speed by using CFD. Furthermore, as for wind screens, the pressure drop for wind speeds was needed as a design load in evaluating the structural stability of the structures supporting the screens. Therefore, the pressure drop through the screens for wind speeds of 5~30
Pressure drop;Screen;Wind tunnel test
- Lee, S. P., S. G. Kim, G. S. Lee, D. W. Choi, and C. Y. Kim, 1990. Effect of different wind-break net on reducing damage of cold sea wind. Korean Journal of Crop Science 35(4): 352-361 (in Korean).
- ANSYS. 2010. ANSYS CFX-Solver modeling guide. ANSYS CFX Release 13.0.: ANSYS, Inc.
- Jung, S. S., B. S. Jeon, J. G. Seo, and S. J. Chun, 2009. Evaluation of the acoustical characteristics of a windscreen for various wind speeds. Journal of the Korean Physical Society 59(4): 343-348 (in Korean).
- Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MIFAFF), and Rural Development Administration (RDA), 2010. The drawings and detailed statements of antidisaster specifications for horticultural and special-crops facilities: 43-50 (in Korean).
- National Academy of Agricultural Science, 2011. Annual research report of agricultural engineering 2010, 610-611. Suwon, Korea (in Korean).
- Yum, S. H., K. J. Kwon, S. H. Sung, and Y. D. Choi, 2007. The installation effect and optimal pipe sizes of an anti-wind net by computational analysis. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 32(6): 430-439 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2007.32.6.430
- Yum, S. H., S.-H. Kang, S. H. Kim, S. B. Lee, and M. Y. Kim, 2011. Effects of an anti-wind net on wind velocity reduction by a wind tunnel test and CFD. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 36(5): 355-360 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2011.36.5.355
Supported by : 국립농업과학원