- Volume 49 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Mesh selectivity of multifilament nylon gillnet for ocellate spot skate (Okamejei kenojei) in the western sea of Korea
자망에 의한 홍어의 망목선택성
- Kim, In-Ok (Aquaculture Industry Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Lee, Gun-Ho (Aquaculture Industry Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Sohn, Byung-Kyu (Ecology and Environment Division, Jeju Branch, Korea Fisheries Resources Agency)
- Received : 2013.08.12
- Accepted : 2013.10.16
- Published : 2013.11.30
To estimate the mesh selectivity of gillnet for ocellate spot skate (Okamejei kenojei), the field tests were carried out 12 times with six different mesh sizes (121.2mm, 137.7mm, 151.5mm, 168.3mm, 178.2mm, 189.4mm) in the coastal waters of Taean, Chungcheongnamdo of Korea, 2010~2011. In the field tests, the total number of species was 31, and that of catch was 1,410 and the total weight was 618,006g. The number and weight of ocellate spot skate which is main target in this study were 1,004 and 434,592g, respectively. The catch in number of ocellate spot skate occupied about 71.2% in total catch. The others of catch species were marbled sole (8.4%), sea raven (4.4%), japanese swimming crab (4.2%) and flatfish (4.1%) and so on. The range of body disk width (DW) of ocellate spot skates which were caught in this study was 15.2~35cm and the mode was 27~29cm. The estimation equation of mesh selectivity using the extended Kitahara's method was expressed as s
Grant : 친환경 수산자재 및 어구어법
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Baeck GW, Park CI, Choi HC, Huh SH and Park JM. 2011. Feeding habits of ocellate spot skate, Okamejei kenojei (Muller & Henle, 1841), in coastal waters of Taean, Korea. J Appl Ichthyol 27, 1079-1085. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0426.2011.01751.x
- Chang HY, Cho BK, Park JS and Lee WL. 2007. Mesh selectivity of gillnets for silver promfret, Pampus argentenus. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 43, 169-175. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.3.169
- Cho YB, Park CD and Lee JH. 2000. A study on the selectivity of the mesh size in trammel net for Cynoglossidae spp. Bull Korean Soc Fish Tech 36, 89-95.
- Choi Y, Kim JH and Park JY. 2008. Marine Fishes of Korea (Third Edition). Kyo-Hak Publishing Co., Ltd., Seoul, Korea, 61-62.
- Fujimori Y, Tokai T, Hiyama S and Matuda K. 1996. Selectivity and gear efficiency of trammel nets for kuruma prawn (Penaeus japonicus). Fish Res 26, 113-124. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-7836(95)00392-4
- Hong SH, Yeon IJ, Im YJ, Hwang HJ, Ko TS and Park YC. 2000. Feeding Habits of Okamejei kenojei in the Yellow Sea. Bull Nat Fish Res Dev Inst 59, 1-9.
- Jeong CH, Lee YC, Kim JH and Yang SY. 1995. Systematic Study on the Fishes of the Genus Raja (Pisces, Rajidae) from Korea. Kor J Sys Zoo 11, 207-221.
- Jeong CH. 1999. A Review of Taxonomic Studies and Common Names of Rajid Fishes (Elasmobranchii, Rajidae) from Korea. Korean J. Ichthyol 11, 198-210.
- Jeong GS, Im YJ, Cha BY, Hwang HJ, Kwon DH, Park JS and Jo HS. 2012. Species composition and seasonal variation of the aquatic organism caught by commercial fishing of the pot and gillnet in the coastal waters off Taean, Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 48, 387-400. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.387
- Jin X. 2004. Long-term changes in fish community structure in the Bohai Sea, China. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 59, 163-171. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecss.2003.08.005
- Jo HS, Hwang HJ, Kwon DH, Jeong GS, Choi KH, Cha BY and Im YJ. 2011. Fishing characters of skate ray, Raja pulchra by the offshore longline fishery in Heuksan-do, Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 47, 403-410. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.4.403
- Kim IO, Park CD, Cho SK, Kim HY and Cha BJ, 2010. Mesh selectivity of monofilament and multifilament nylon gillnet for Marbled sole (Pleuronectes yokohamae) in the western sea of Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 46, 281-291. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.281
- Kim SH and Lee JH. 2002. Mesh selectivity in trammel net for flat fish. Bull Kor Soc Fish Tech 38, 91-100. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2002.38.2.091
- MOF. 2013. Fisheries information service. http://www.fips.go.kr. Accessed 16 July 2013.
- NFRDI. 2009. Investigation report for prohibition regulations of marine fishes & plants by species in 2009. Hanguel graphics, Busan, Korea, 279-282.
- Park JO. 2008. Several Matters of Changes and Persistences in Fishing Methods of Skate Catching. J Kor Studies 28, 227-254.
- Yamada U, Tokimura M, Horikawa H and Nakabo T. 2007. Fishes and Fisheries of the East China and Yellow Seas. Tokai University Press, 1-1262.
- Yeon IJ, Hong SH, Park YC, Lee JS, Kim ST and Cha HK. 1997. The Reproduction of Raja pulchra Liu in the Yellow Sea. Bull Nat Fish Res Dev Inst 53, 23-36.
- Yeon IJ, Hong SH, Cha HK and Kim ST. 1999. Feeding Habits of Raja pulchra in the Yellow Sea. Bull Nat Fish Res Dev Inst 57, 1-11.