- Volume 13 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effect of the Attributes of Corporate Knowledge on Knowledge acquisition, Transfer, Application and Management Performance
기업 지식의 특성이 지식획득, 이전, 활용과 경영성과에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2013.10.01
- Accepted : 2013.10.21
- Published : 2013.11.28
In today's knowledge-based industries, knowledge can be said to be a significant factor that has a decisive impact on corporate competitiveness. Recently, Korean construction companies have been going through a difficult period of time because of various negative domestic and foreign factors, such as economic decline and a continued sluggish domestic construction market, mainly due to the Korean government's real estate regulations and increasing competition from overseas companies with improved technologies. To help domestic construction companies navigate such an environment, this study empirically analyzes how the nature of corporate knowledge impacts the acquisition, transfer and deployment of knowledge within the organization of a company. Through such empirical analysis, we looked into how internal attributes of corporate knowledge affect the acquisition, transfer and application of such knowledge for domestic construction companies, with the application of the structural equation modeling (SEM). According to the results of this study, it is clear that the attributes of corporate knowledge have a significant impact on the acquisition, transfer and application of corporate knowledge, and therefore on the managerial performance of domestic companies.
- R. M. Grant, "Prospering in dynamicallycompetitive environments: Organizational capability as knowledge integration," Organization Science, Vol.7, pp.375-587, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.7.4.375
- R. Mitchell and S. Nicholas, "Knowledge Creation in Group: The Value of Cognitive Diversity, Transactive Memory, and open-mindedness Norms," The Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol.4, No.1, pp.67-74, 2006.
- I. Nonaka, "A Dynamic Theory of Organizational Knowledge Creation," Organization Science, Vol.5, No.1, pp.14-37, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.5.1.14
- W. Sharon and H. Kelly, "A multi-Theoretical Model of Knowledge Transfer in Organizations," Determinants of Knowledge Contribution and Knowledge Reuse, p.141, 2006
- A. Aurilla and B. Thommy, "Knowledge Sharing Practices : Analysis of a Global Scandinavian Consulting Company," Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol.4, No.2, pp.109-116, 2006.
- K. M. Eisenhardt, "Control: Organizational and economic approaches," Management Science, Vol.31, pp.134-149, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.31.2.134
- B. Kogut, and U. Zander, "Knowledge of the Firm, Combinative Capabilities, and the Replication of Technology," Organization Science, Vol.3, No.3, pp.383-397, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.3.3.383
- M. V. Makhija and U. Ganesh, "The Relationship Between Control and Partner Learning in Learning-Related Joint Ventures," Organization Science, Vol.8, pp.508-527, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.8.5.508
- S. A. Snell, and M. A. Youndt, "Human resource management and firm performance: Testing a contingency model of executive controls," Journal of Management, Vol.21, No.4, pp.711-737, 1995.
- Huber, "Organizational Learning: The Contributing Processes and the Literatures," Organization Science, Vol.2, pp.88-115, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.2.1.88
- L. Argote and P. Ingram, "Knowledge Transfer : A Base for Competitive Advantage in Firms," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol.82, No.1, pp.150-169, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1006/obhd.2000.2893
- G. Szulanski, "Exploring Internal Stickiness : Impediments to the Transfer of Best Practice within the Firm," Strategic Management Journal, Vol.17, pp.27-43, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250171105
- E. T. Penrose, The Theory of the Growth of the Frim, Basic Blackwell, Oxford, 1959.
- Y. S. Kwak and H. S. Yang, "Impact of Knowledge Management on Management Performance in Agribusiness Cluster," KoreaContents Association, Vol.10, No.9, pp.348-362, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.9.348
- E. Darr, L. Argote, and D. Epple, "The Acquisition, Transfer and Depreciation of Knowledge in Service Organization : Productivity in Franchises, Management Science, Vol.41, pp.1750-1762, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.41.11.1750
- M. Lyles and J. Salk, "Knowledge Acquisition from Foreign Parents in International Joint Ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Special Issue, pp.877-903, 1996.
- R. H. Martine and T. H. Morten, "Differnt knowdge, Different benefits: Toward a productivity perspective on knowledge sharing in organizations," Journal of Strategic Management, Vol.28, pp.1133-1153, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.631
- I. Nonaka, and H. Takeuchi, Knowledge and Management Chapter 2 of Ilujiro Nonaka and Hirotaka Takeuchi, The Knowledge Creating Company: How Japanese Companies Create the Dynamics of Innovation, New York: Oxford University Press, pp.21-55, 1995.
- R. Simons, "How new top managers use control systems as levers of strategic renewal," Strategic Management Journal, Vol.15, pp.169-189, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250150301
- S. P. Choi, "Effective shared process and application of knowledge management (KM) in interior design service industry," Korea Contents Association, International Journal of Contents Vol.6, No.3, pp.65-70, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/IJoC.2010.6.3.065
- S. Georg and K. E. Martina, "How dynamic can organizational capabilities be? towards a dual-process model of capability dynamization," Journal of Strategic Management, Vol.28, pp.913-933, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.613
- V. Grover and T. Davenport, "General Perspectivision Knowledge Management: Forstering a Research Agenda," Hournal of Managemnet Information Systems, Vol.18, No.1, pp.5-21, 2001.
- R. P. Bagozzi and Y. Yi, "On the evaluation of structural equation models," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.16, pp.74-94, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02723327
- B. S. Kang, The Research Methodology for Casual Analysis, Seoul: MuYugGyungYung, 2002.