- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Management and concept of the monitoring system considering the characteristics of subsea tunnels
해저터널의 특성을 고려한 계측 개념 및 관리 방안
- Park, Eui-Seob (Underground Space Research Team, Korea Institute of Geoscience & Mineral Resources) ;
- Shin, Hee-Soon (Underground Space Research Team, Korea Institute of Geoscience & Mineral Resources) ;
- Cheon, Dae-Sung (Underground Space Research Team, Korea Institute of Geoscience & Mineral Resources) ;
- Jung, Yong-Bok (Underground Space Research Team, Korea Institute of Geoscience & Mineral Resources)
- 박의섭 (한국지질자원연구원 지하공간연구팀) ;
- 신희순 (한국지질자원연구원 지하공간연구팀) ;
- 천대성 (한국지질자원연구원 지하공간연구팀) ;
- 정용복 (한국지질자원연구원 지하공간연구팀)
- Received : 2013.09.13
- Accepted : 2013.09.24
- Published : 2013.09.30
In order to ensure the safety of the subsea tunnel during its construction and operation, unlike the underground structures on land, the special monitoring system is essential which considers the characteristics of subsea tunnels in addition to conventional stress and displacement measurements applied to existing land tunnels. Therefore, the concept applied to NATM is reorganized to evaluate the stability of subsea tunnels. And the observation system for making a monitoring plan, the critical strain theory for tunnel safety management and MS monitoring methods for detecting the local failure and crack initiation of rock and supports, are introduced. Finally, the scheme of monitoring and management for subsea tunnels by using these methods is suggested.
Grant : 지하암반내 열에너지 저장을 위한 핵심기술 개발
Supported by : 한국지질자원연구원
- Blindheim O.T., Ovstedal, E. (2002), "Design principals and construction methods for water control in subsea road tunnels in rock", Water control in norwegian tunnelling, Publication No. 12, Norwegian Tunnelling Society, pp. 43-49.
- Cai, M., Kaiser, P.K., Morioka, H., Minami, M., Maejima, T., Tasaka, Y., Kurose, H. (2007), "FLAC/PFC coupled numerical simulation of AE in large-scale underground excavation", International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol. 44, pp. 550-564. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2006.09.013
- Chern, J.C., Shaio, F.Y., Yu, C.W. (1998), "An empirical safety criterion for tunnel construction", Regional Symposium on Sedimentary Rock Engineering, pp. 325-330, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Evert Hoek (2006), Practical Rock Engineering Course note, Rock mass properties, pp. 1-47.
- Hoek, E., Wood, D, Shah, S. (1992), "A modified Hoek-Brown criterion for jointed rock masses", Proc. rock characterization: Eurock'92, pp. 209-213.
- Hong, J.S., Lee, H.S., Lee, D.H., Kim, H.Y., Choi, Y.T., Park, Y.J. (2006), "Microseismic event monitoring of highly stressed rock mass around underground oil storage caverns", Tunnelling & Underground Space Technology, 21(3-4), pp. 292. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2005.12.151
- Ishida, T., Kanagawa, T., Kanaori, Y. (2010), "Source distribution of acoustic emissions during an in-situ direct shear test: Implications for an analog model of seismogenic faulting in an inhomogeneous rock mass", Engineering Geology, Vol. 110, No. 3-4, pp. 66-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2009.11.003
- ISRM (1981), "Basic geotechnical description of rock masses", Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. & Geomech. Abstr., Vol 18, pp. 85-110.
- Korean Tunnelling Association (2003), Theory and Practice of Tunnel, Goomi Book (in Korean). pp.309-354.
- Lars Olsson (2002), Observation systems with alarm thresholds and their use in designing underground facilities, SKB R-02-45, SKB. pp. 47
- Park, E.S., Shin, H.S. (2008), "Technical state of subsea tunnels-status and characteristics in domestic and overse", Journal of Korean Tunnelling Association, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 80-90.
- Park, S.H., Shin, Y.S., Bae, G.J., Ahn, M.W., Woo, S.B. (2007), "Back analysis technique for tunnel safety using critical strain concept", Korean Tunnelling Association Annual Conference, pp. 47-57.
- Sakurai, S. (1981), "Direct strain evaluation technique in construction of underground openings", Proc. 22nd US Symp. Rock Mech., Cambridge, Massachusetts, M.I.T., pp. 278-282.
- Sakurai, S. (1997), "Lessons learned from field measurement in tunnelling", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 453-460. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0886-7798(98)00004-2
- Sakurai, S., Kawashima, I., Otani, T. (1993), "A criterion for assessing the stability of tunnels", EUROCK '93, Lisboa, pp. 969-973.
- Singh, B., Goel, R.K. (1999), Rock mass classification: A practical approach in civil engineering, Elsevier, pp. 48-49.
- Estimation of subsea tunnel stability considering ground and lining stiffness degradation measurements vol.18, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.5.389