- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A study on effects of landscape design of road tunnel portal to interior lighting of tunnels
도로터널의 갱구부 경관설계가 터널 내부조명에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Lee, Mi-Ae (i-Light Lighting Consulting & Design. co. kr) ;
- Lee, Dong-Hee (i-Light Lighting Consulting & Design. co. kr)
- Received : 2013.09.06
- Accepted : 2013.09.17
- Published : 2013.09.30
This research uses numerical analysis to examine the tunnel portal landscape affecting the brightness level of interior lighting when designing lights for road tunnels through the L20 method. In order to extract the brightness recognition per form of a tunnel entrance and to evaluate the effects of the characteristics of the materials of facilities near a tunnel portal, brightness analysis was conducted by filming brightness on a video photometer called Hi-land Elf System, and a surface brightness photometer called LMK Mobile Advanced. Tunnels in Korea are mostly distributed in mountain areas; thus, the ratio occupied by the sky, which has the highest brightness within the angle of L20, is close to zero, while most of the ratio was occupied by brightness by the area near the tunnel entrance or road surface. However, for a tunnel portal retaing wall, which allows the width of a tunnel entrance to seem wider within the L20 angle, appeared to be have higher brightness compared to nearby areas or the surface, which is an element increasing the tunnel portal brightness within the tunnel, and the road facilities near the tunnel portal appeared to have an effect on the brightness as well. Thus, when designing tunnel lights based on brightness, the form of the tunnel entrance and the area width, material, and color of areas near the tunnel portal appeared to affect outside brightness and become an element affecting the establishment of the brightness level of the interior lights of tunnels. Consequently, reviewing such matters is a prerequisite when designing tunnel portal landscape.
Supported by : 한국건설교통기술평가원
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs(2010), "Road design manual, part 6 tunnel", pp. 612.1-612.27.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs(2008), "Installation of road safety and management guidelines."
- Ministry of Knowledge Economy (2010), "KS Tunnel lighting standards (KS C3703)."
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation (2011), "Installation of road safety and management guidelines."
- CIE 88-2004 (2nd edition) (2004), "Guide for the lighting of road tunnels and underpasses."