- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Simulation of shield TBM tunneling in soft ground by laboratory model test
실내모형시험을 통한 연약지반의 쉴드 TBM 터널굴착 모사
- Han, Myeong-Sik (TESO Engineering Co. Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Young-Joon (TESO Engineering Co. Ltd.) ;
- Shin, Il-Jae (Hyundia Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Yong-Joo (Department of Civil Engineering, Seoul National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Shin, Yong-Suk (Korea Infrastructure Safety & Technology Corporation) ;
- Kim, Sang-Hwan (Department of Civil Engineering, Hoseo University)
- 한명식 ((주)태조엔지니어링) ;
- 김영준 ((주)태조엔지니어링) ;
- 신일재 (현대건설(주)) ;
- 이용주 (서울과학기술대학교 건설시스템디자인공학과) ;
- 신용석 (한국시설안전공단) ;
- 김상환 (호서대학교 토목공학과)
- Received : 2013.07.25
- Accepted : 2013.09.04
- Published : 2013.09.30
This paper presents the shield TBM technology in soft ground tunnelling. In order to perform this study, a scale model test was carried out using the developed small scaled shield TBM machine. The various instrumentations were conducted during the simulation of tunnelling. In addition, the ground behavior due to the shield TBM operation parameters was measured during the simulation. Based on the simulation results, the stability of the ground was evaluated and the fundamental shield TBM tunnelling technique in the soft ground was suggested. In conclusion, design's reliability through laboratory small scale model test about Shield-TBM section was obtained, and both the improvement plan for safety during construction and the construction plan for securing airport runway's safety during tunnel passing by Shield-TBM propulsion were suggested.
- Attewell, P.B. (1977), "Ground movements caused by tunnelling in soil", Proceeding of Conference on Large Ground Movements and Structures, Cardiff, England, pp. 812-948.
- Broms, B.B., Bennermark, H. (1967), "Stability of clay in vertical opening, journal of soil mechanics and foundation engineering", ASCE, Vol. 93, No. SM1, pp. 71-94.
- Pantet, A. (1991), "Creusement de galeries a faible profondeur a I'aide d'un tunnelier a pression de boue: mesures in situ et etude theonique du champs de deplacements", These de doctorat, INSA, Lyon.
- Peck, R.B. (1969), "Deep excavations and tunnelling in soft ground, state of the art report, proceedings of 7th international conference on soil mechanics and foundation engineering", Mexico City, State of the Art Volume, pp. 225-290.
- Kim, S.H., Kim, J.T., Jang, I.S. (2012), "A study on technology of shield TBM tunnelling in mixed ground through the model test", KTA 2012 Symposium November 2, 2012 pp. 113-119.
- Schmidt, B. (1969), "Settlements and ground movements associated with tunnelling in soil", Ph.D thesis, University of Illinois.