- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Monitoring of waterjet cutting free surface using laser sensor
레이저 센서를 이용한 워터젯 절삭 자유면 모니터링
- Oh, Tae-Min (KAIST, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering) ;
- Hong, Chang-Ho (KAIST, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering) ;
- Cho, Gye-Chun (KAIST, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering)
- Received : 2013.07.23
- Accepted : 2013.08.23
- Published : 2013.09.30
The monitoring of a free surface generated by waterjet cutting technology is very important for an efficient construction process. In this study, experiments using a laser sensor were performed to provide a data processing method and to determine optimized parameters. The experimental parameters here are the angular resolution, measurement distance, and free surface cutting shape. The results show that the monitoring resolution increases with a decrease in the angular resolution and the horizontal measurement distance and with an increase in the cutting (free surface) width. This laser monitoring method can be applied during the measurement of free surface shapes and depths in situ.
- Kim, I.S., Lim, S.B. (2007), "A study on 3D section profiling surveying in tunnel excavation using a laser scanner", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 27, No. 4D, pp. 541-546.
- Kim, J.G. (2012), "Reduction of blasting-induced vibration in tunnelling using abrasive water jet notch and disc cutting", Ph.D. Dissertation, Seoul National University, pp. 57-62.
- Lee, K.H., Heo, I.W., Kim, D.H., Lee, I.M. (2011), "The construction management of tunnel using 3D laser scanner", Journal of the Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 159-176.
- Oh, T.M. (2012), "Rock excavation using abrasive waterjet", Ph.D. Dissertation, KAIST, pp. 93-115.
- Oh, T.M., Cho, G.C. (2012), "Effects of geometric parameters of a combined nozzle for rock cutting using an abrasive waterjet", Journal of the Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 517-528. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2012.14.5.517
- Oh, T.M., Cho, G.C., Ji, I.T. (2013), "Effects of free surface using waterjet cutting for rock blasting excavation", Journal of the Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 49-57. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2013.15.1.049
- Park, D.H., Jeon, B.K., Jeon S.W. (2009), "A numerical study on the screening of blast-induced waves for reducing ground vibration", Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, Vol. 42, pp. 449-473. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00603-008-0016-y
- Park, J.J., Shin, J.C., Hwang, J.H., Lee, K.H., Seo, H.J., Lee, I.M. (2012), "Assessment of over / under-break of tunnel utilizing BIM and 3D laser scanner", Journal of the Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 437-451. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2012.14.4.437
- Richart, F.E., Hall, J.R., Woods, R.D. (1970), Vibration of Soils and Foundations, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, pp. 247-262.
- Sagong, M., Moon, C.Y., Lee, J.S., Hwang S.K., Kim B.H. (2006), "Development of a 3D laser scanner based tunnel scanner", Journal of the Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 377-388.
- Thiel, K.H., Wehr, A. (2004), "Performance capabilities of laser-scanners-an overview and measurement principle analysis", International Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, 36(Part 8), W2.