- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the characteristics of the earth pressure distribution induced by the integrated steel pipe-roof construction
일체형 강관 파이프루프 시공에 따른 주변 지반의 토압 분포 특성 분석
- Sim, Youngjong (Land and Housing Institute, Korea Land and Housing Corporation) ;
- Jin, Kyu-Nam (Land and Housing Institute, Korea Land and Housing Corporation) ;
- Song, Ki-Il (Inha University, Dept. of Civil Engineering)
- Received : 2013.06.05
- Accepted : 2013.07.30
- Published : 2013.09.30
In recent, various types of steel pipe-roof methods, which is reinforced by mortar after propulsion of steel pipe into the ground, have been used for the construction of trenchless underpass. Integrated steel pipe-roof has flexural stiffness and can resist against overburden load and reduce the stress acting on the concrete underpass structures. Due to arching effect, vertical and horizontal stress distribution around the steel pipe-roof is changing. In this study, therefore, the characteristic of stress distribution around the underpass induced by the construction of integrated steel pipe-roof is investigated by using numerical method. To examine the soil-structure interaction, interface element is introduced. Results show that vertical stress acting on the concrete structure placing inside the steel pipe-roof is significantly reduced due to arching effect and flexural stiffness of integrated steel pipe-roof. Design load can be reduced and effective design of underpass will be available if the earth pressure reduction due to arching effect is considered in the design stage.
Grant : 파이프루프의 지보강성을 고려한 비개착구조물의 최적설계
Supported by : 한국토지주택공사
- Ahuja, V., Sterling, R.L. (2008), "Numerical modelling approach for microtunnelling assisted pipe-roof support system", World Tunnel Congress 2008 - Underground Facilities for Better Environment and Safety, pp. 1678-1687.
- Cho, S.K., Lee, J.M., Son, H.D., Kim, J.S., Park, D.H. (2008), "Evaluation of pullout strength at the connection of S.T.S method", The 34th KSCE Annual Conference Civil Expo 2008, pp. 89-92.
- Choi, S.W., Park, Y.T., Chang S.H., Bae, G.J., Lee, K.T., Baek, Y.K. (2012), "A numerical study on the three-dimensional ground movement by the trenchless construction method of concrete box by a square steel pipe supporting system", J of Korean Tunn and Undergr Sp Assoc, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 469-484. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2012.14.5.469
- Choi, S.W., Park, Y.T., Chang S.H., Bae, G.J., Lee, K.T., Baek, Y.K. (2012), "An experimental study on the ground movement around a square pipe by its penetration for trenchless construction in sandy ground", J of Korean Tunn and Undergr Sp Assoc, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 485-501. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2012.14.5.485
- Eum, K.Y., Choi, C.Y., Cheon, J.Y. (2010), "Analysis of heaving and settlement test of scale model depending on shape of the pipe during pipe roof excavation", J. Korean Geotynthetics Society, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 9-15.
- Hisatake, M., Ohno, S. (2008), "Effects of pipe roof supports and the excavation method on the displacements above a tunnel face", Tunnel. Under. Space Tech, Vol. 23, pp. 120-127. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2007.02.002
- KCI (2007), "Manual for concrete structure design", Korea Concrete Institute.
- Kimura, H., Itoh, T., Iwata, M., Fujimoto, K. (2005), "Application of new urban tunneling method in Baikoh tunnel excavation", Tunnel. Under. Space Tech. Vol. 20, pp. 151-158. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2003.11.007
- KRTA (2010), "Design criterion for the highway bridges", Korea Road & Transportation Association.
- Lee, Y.B., Kim, J.Y., Park, I.J., Kim, K.G., Lee, J.H. (2003), "A study on the applicability of under ground structure using steel tubular roof in Korean geotechnical condition", J of Korean Tunn and Undergr Sp Assoc, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 401-409.
- Sim, Y.J., Jin, K.N., Lee, K.H. (2013), "Measurement of Earth Pressure around Underpass by Non-opencut Method", KGS Spring National Conference 2013, March 21-22, 2013.