- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A study on the performance-based design methodology for tunnels through case study on the tunnel built by the prescribed design
사양중심의 터널 설계 사례 연구를 통한 성능기반 터널 설계 방안에 관한 고찰
- Hur, Jin-Suk (ESCO Consultant & Engineers Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Seung-Ryull (ESCO Consultant & Engineers Co., Ltd.) ;
- Hwang, Je-Don (ESCO Consultant & Engineers Co., Ltd.) ;
- Seo, Young-Wook (ESCO Consultant & Engineers Co., Ltd.) ;
- Jung, Myung-Keun (ESCO Consultant & Engineers Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2013.07.03
- Accepted : 2013.07.20
- Published : 2013.07.31
Performance-based design is becoming a key word for structure design in architectural and civil engineering spheres. In this paper, the need of the performance-based design, especially for tunnels, was enhanced by case study on the largely deformed cut-and-cover arch tunnel built by the prescribed design. In addition, this paper introduces effective method of subdivision on tunnel performance to help field engineer's comprehension. Case study dealing with the issue of typical backwards problem in geotechnical engineering was examined. First of all, the outline of the damaged culvert as well as the surrounding embankment is in detail described. The background, together with the cause of damage, is discussed based on the results of site investigation. Secondly, it was attempted to elucidate the deformation mechanism of the embankment by means of numerical analysis, and the countermeasures are proposed. Finally, the stability of the embankment with the countermeasures was evaluated.
Grant : 터널 건설 기술 선진화를 위한 설계 및 시방기준분석 연구
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Hur, J.S. (2012), "A series of case study on causes and countermeasures against troubles regarding design and construction of various geo-structures", Kobe university, Ph.D. thesis, pp. 14-17.
- Hur, J.S., Shibuya, S. (2012), "Case study on the causes and countermeasures against deformation of concrete culverts" JSCE A2, Vol. 68, No. 2, pp. I_361-I_372. https://doi.org/10.2208/jscejam.68.I_361
- Kimura, S. (2008), "Trend on the performance -based tunnel design and maintenance", JCMA, pp. 47-54.
- Sano, N. (2007), "The proposes and performances of tunnel", Research of JSCE, R-14th, pp. 11-14.
- Honjou, Y. (2000), "Proposal of a comprehensive foundation design code : Geo-code 21 Ver. 1", Soils and Foundation, pp. 17-20.
- Tatsuoka, F., Shibuya, S. (1991), "Deformation characteristic of soils and rocks from field and laboratory tests," Proc., 9th Asian Regional Conference on Soil Mech. and Foundations Eng., 2, pp. 101-177.
- Performance-Based Evaluation of a Double-Deck Tunnel and Design Optimization vol.11, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3390/su11010201