- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Evaluating a Representative Smoke Value from an Inspection Vehicle Using Integration Method over a Cycle of Free-Acceleration Test Mode
무부하 급가속 측정 사이클로 운전되는 검사 대상 디젤 차량으로부터 배출되는 매연값 적분에 의한 차량 매연 대표값 특성 연구
- 이충훈 (서울과학기술대학교 기계.자동차공학과)
- Received : 2013.07.31
- Accepted : 2013.09.11
- Published : 2013.09.30
Smoke emissions from light duty diesel vehicles were measured using light extinction method with the free acceleration test mode. The smoke emissions for each measurement cycle of the free acceleration method showed large variations according to driver's pedal pushing pattern. The smoke values for each measurement cycle initially increased and reach a peak value. Integration of the smoke emissions with time for each measurement cycle was performed to get a representative smoke value which was obtained by averaging the integrated results. Two kinds of integration time range were used. One is range over the whole measurement cycle of the free acceleration method. The other is only the acceleration range in the measurement cycle. Overall, variation of the representative smoke values obtained by the integration method was reduced comparing to the traditional representative smoke value which was obtained from a peak smoke value over the measurement cycle. Ten vehicles of the same model with 2.5 liter diesel engines, and seven vehicles of the same model with 2.7 liter diesel engines, were tested using the free acceleration test method.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- Smoke Measurement with Reflection Photo Method, Law for the Atmospheric Environment Protection, No. 92, Korea Ministry of Environment [extra Table 26], 2005.
- Smoke Measurement with Light Extinction Method, Law for the Atmospheric Environment Protection, No. 92, 3-5, Korea Ministry of Environment [extra Table 27-3], 2005.
- Lug down 3 Mode Method, Law for the Atmospheric Environment Protection, No. 92, 4-2 [extra Table 1], 2005.
- ISO 7645, Road Vehicles - Measurement of Opacity of Exhaust Gas from Compression-ignition (Diesel) Engines - Steady Single-Speed Test, 1988.
- SAE J1667, Snap-acceleration Smoke Test Procedure for Heavy Duty Diesel Powered Vehicles, 1996.
- M. Gutman, L. Tartakovsky, Y. Zvirin, A. Flor, A. Gonen and H. B. Ari, "Development of a Method to Measure Diesel Smoke Emission for Inspection/ Maintenance Programs", http://www.umad.de/infos/cleanair13/pdf/full_1/pdf.
- J. H., Lu, H. R. Lee, C. C. Liou and C. T. Szu, "Diesel Engine Smoke Measurements in the Rapid Acceleration Test", SAE paper 9804011, 1998.
- J. C. Kim and C. H. Lee, "A Comparative Study on the Measurement of Smoke from Diesel Vehicle on Chassis- dynamometer using Reflection Photo and Light Extinction Method", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 13-19, 2007.
- Y. J. Kim and K. S. Park, "A Study of the Opacity Correlation Factor between the Filtration Type and Light Extinction Type Diesel Smoke Meters", Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 146-152, 2007.
- I. H. Kang, C. H. Lee, "Characteristics of Smoke Emissions from Light Duty Diesel Vehicles Using Light Extinction Smoke Measurement Method under Free Acceleration Test Mode", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 1-8, 2012.
- C. H. Lee, "A Study on an Evaluation Method of Representative Smoke Value from Inspection Vehicle Using Integration of Smoke Emissions over a Cycle of Snap-Acceleration Test", KSAE fall conference, KSAE 12-A0131, 2012.
- Operating Manual AVL DiSpeed 490, AVL DITEST, 2004.
- User Manual, Light Extinction Smoke Meter, Eplust Co. Ltd, 2004.