- Volume 8 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of a Omni-directional Self-Balancing Robot Wheelchair
전방향 셀프-밸런싱 로봇휠체어 개발
- Yu, Jaerim (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Park, Yunsu (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Kim, Sangtae (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Kwon, SangJoo (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace University)
- Received : 2013.09.11
- Accepted : 2013.10.24
- Published : 2013.11.30
In this paper, we report a self-balancing robot wheelchair which has the capability of keeping upright posture regardless of the terrain inclination in terms of the three dimensional balancing motion. It has the mobility of five degrees of freedom, where pitching, yawing, and forward motions are generated by the two-wheeled inverted pendulum mechanism and the rolling and vertical motions are implemented by the movement of the tilting mechanism. Several design considerations are suggested for the sliding type vehicle body, wheel actuator module, tilting actuator module, power and control system, and the riding module.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- http://www.ibotnow.com (Ibot 4000).
- http://www.galileo-mobility.com (Galileo).
- http://www.gennymobility.com (Genny).
- http://www.segway.com (Segway personal transporter).
- Y.-B. Bang, C.-H. Lee, J-H. Yoo, K.-M. Lee and I.-S. Kim, "Two-Legged Stair-Climbing Wheelchair and Its Stair Dimension Measurement Using Distance Sensors", Proc. of the 2011 11th Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS), Oct. 2011, Gyeonggi-do, Korea.
- H. S, Kim, H. S. Song, S. Jung, "Design and Control of a Wheelchair Robot for Handicapped or Elderly Persons," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics, and Systems, Vol. 17, No. pp. 668-673, Jul., 2011. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2011.17.7.668
- S. Nakajima, "Concept of a Novel Four-wheel-type Mobile Robot for Rough Terrain, RT-Mover", Proc. of the 2009 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Oct., 2009, St. Louis, USA.
- J. Y. Kong, "Survey on the safety accidents of the disabled transportation aids", Journal of Special Education & Rehabilitation Science, Vol. 52, No. 2, pp. 1-16, 2013.
- K. T. Jeong et al., "Anthropometric Evaluation and Design of Wheelchair", Proc. of 2010 Spring annual meeting, Korean ergonomics society, pp. 128-131, 2010. 5.
- S. M, Jung, D. H. Han, I. B. Jang, Standard Mechanical Design (Book), Dongmyung-sa, 2010.
- J. P. Hong, S. B, Lee, Design of Machine Elements (Book), Kyobo-munko, 2008.
- J.-W. Joh and G.-T. Park, "Hardware Design Methods for Segway Type 2-Wheeled Mobile Robots," Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, Vol. 46, No. 5, pp. 322-328, Sep., 2009.
- J.-H. Um et al., "Evaluation of Tilting Trains Speed in Conventional Railways Curves Considering Passenger's Comfort in Transition Area", Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 360-366, Dec. 2004.