- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A study on academic self-efficacy and self-directed learning attitude of the EMT students
일부 응급구조과 학생들의 학업적 자기효능감과 자기주도적 학습태도에 관한 연구
- Choi, Gil-Soon (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Dong Kang College University) ;
- Chae, Min-Jeong (Dept. of Nursing, Seoyeong College University)
- Received : 2013.03.17
- Accepted : 2013.04.19
- Published : 2013.04.30
Purpose : The purpose of this study was to verify the effects of academic self-efficacy on self-directed learning attitude of emergency medical students. Methods : A total of 209 emergency medical technology students filled out the questionnaire after receiving the informed consents. The questionnaire consisted of demographical characteristics, academic self-efficacy and self-directed learning attitude. Results : Academic self-efficacy and self-directed learning attitude of the subjects were above mean average. Higher correlations existed between academic self-efficacy and self-directed learning attitude of the subjects, and the significant positive correlations were found between sub-factors of the academic self-efficacy and self-directed learning attitude. The academic self-efficacy of the subjects had the significant influence on the self-directed learning, and self-efficacy. The self-confidence among sub-factors in the academic self-efficacy had a significant influence on self-directed learning attitude and sub-factors. Conclusion : The results of the study subjects of academic self-efficacy had a significant influence on the attitude of self-directed learning, In particular, self-efficacy and confidence of the academic self-efficacy sub-factors showed a significant impact on the sub-factors, attitudes and self-directed learning. This study will provide the basic data for the implementation of the educational programs. This will be effective in managing the knowledge, information, self-directed learning attitude and academic self-efficacy.
- Cha YH. The effect of the self-regulated learning strategies on the elementary school students's creativity and academic achievement. Journal of Education Research 2009;5(1):141-163.
- Ma SO. The relation between academic self-efficacy and academic achievement perceived by high school student -moderating effect of self-directed learning ability-. Unpublished master's thesis, Myongji University 2011, Seoul, Korea.
- Park JY. Effect analysis of social supports about self-directed learning readiness of university Students. J Educ Res 2004;42(2):247-269.
- Kim GY. (The) relationship of elementary children's stress and school adjustment. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University 1999, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee YJ. (The) effects of university student self-leadership level on campus-life satisfaction, self-directed learning ability and academic self-efficacy. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University 2012, Seoul, Korea.
- Bandura A, Schunk DH. Cultivating competence, self-efficacy and intrinsic interest through proximal self-motivation. J Pers Soc Psychol 1981;41:586-598. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.116
- Pintrich PR, De Groot EV. Motivational and self-regulated learning components of beliefs and classroom contextual factors on the process of conceptual change. Rev Educ Res 1990;63(1);167-199.
- Zimmerman BJ, Bandura A, Martinez-Pons M. Self-motivation for academic attainment: The role of self-efficacy and personal goal setting. American Educational Research Journal 1992;29(3):663-676. https://doi.org/10.3102/00028312029003663
- Long HB, Agykum SA. Advances in research and practice in self-directed learning. Oklahoma Research Ctr for. 1990;15: 279-293.
- Bandura A. Self-efficacy: toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychol Rev 1977;84(2);191-215. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- Heo EY. The effects of creative discretional activity in a self-directed learning program on middle school students' self-efficacy, motivation, and academic achievement. Ewha Research Institute of Curriculum Instruction 2010;14(1):1-20. https://doi.org/10.24231/rici.2010.14.1.1
- Lee JH. Analysis of the structural relationships among self-determination motivation to learn, metacognition, self-directed learning ability, learning flow, and school achievement. J Educ Res 2010;48(2):67-92.
- Sim MJ, Oh HS. Influence of self efficacy, learning motivation, and self-directed learning on problem-solving ability in nursing students. J of the Contents Asso-ciation 2012;12(6):328-329. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.06.328
- Kim AY, Park IY. Academic self-efficacy scale development and good at study powered by bing. J Educ Res 2001;39(1); 95-123.
- Guglielmino LM. Development of the self-directed learning readiness scale. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, State University of Georgia 1997, Athens, USA.
- Joo DB., Jeon ES. The influence of adult learner's lifelong learning participation experience and self-directed learning on self-efficacy. Korean Society for the Study of Vocational Education 2011;30(1):15-28.
- Lee JA, Choi. EY. Comparison between college students with and without disabilities in academic self-efficacy, social supports, and career aspirations. Korea Disabled Employment Agency Employment Agency 2010;20(2): 55-76.
- Yu IS. A Relationship among self-regulated learning, academic self-efficacy. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonbuk National University 2010, Jeonju, Korea.
- Chae MS. Effects of personality preference, academic self-efficacy, and test anxiety on dentistry school students' academic achievement. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chonnam National University 2008, Gwangju, Korea.
- Park SH. The role of motivational factors in the development of self-regulated learning. Korean Educational Psychology Association 2003;17(1):55-70.
- Kim MH. The effects of the self-regulated learning strategies training program on self-regulated learning ability and the academic self-efficacy of middle school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Kangwon National University 2012, Chuncheon, Korea.
- Park HS. Early childhood pre-service teacher's self-directed learning ability and self-efficacy according to their self-determination motivation. DongKang College University 2009, Gwang-ju, Korea.
- Kwon MS. The influence of self-directed learning & critical thinking disposition on clinical competence in nursing students. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Edu 2011;17(3):389-396.
- No MA. The relationships of inside and outside of motivation and interpersonal skills of college students of high self-initiative in the learning. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University 2009, Seoul, Korea.
- Knowles MS. Self-directed learning: A guide for learners and teachers. New York: Association Press, 1975. 135.
- Zimmerman BJ, Martinez-Pons M. Student differences in self-regulate learning: relating grade, sex, and giftedness to self-efficacy and strategy use. J Educ Psychol 1990;82(1):51-59. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0618.104.22.168