- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Prioritizing SOC Facilities for Applying BIM/GIS Integrating Platform to Local Governments
지방자치단체에 BIM/GIS 통합 플랫폼 적용을 위한 SOC 시설물 우선순위 선정방안
- Youn, Jun Hee (ICT Convergence and Integration Research Division of KICT) ;
- Lee, Woo Sik (ICT Convergence and Integration Research Division of KICT) ;
- Choi, Hyun Sang (ICT Convergence and Integration Research Division of KICT) ;
- Kang, Tae Wook (ICT Convergence and Integration Research Division of KICT)
- Received : 2012.11.21
- Accepted : 2013.10.07
- Published : 2013.10.31
Recently, BIM(Building Information Model) is widely applied to all stages of SOC (Social Overhead Capital)facilities life cycle from planning to maintenance. While BIM is an analysis tool focussing the inner space of facilities, GIS is principally applied to analyzing relationship between facilities. Therefore, integrating BIM and GIS, we expect to get a potential synergy effect in aspects of effective information management and various analysis for SOC facilities. This paper deals with prioritizing SOC facilities for applying BIM/GIS integrating platform to local governments. First, investigate facilities required by law, and identify SOC facilities suitable for SOC characteristics. Second, analyze the effectiveness and applicability of BIM/GIS integrating platform applying each facility. For the purpose, we quantify effectiveness and applicability in aspects of UIS management and GIS functions. Lastly, prioritize the SOC facilities applying BIM/GIS integrating platform.
Grant : Development of Integrative Operation Technology on Construction Information & Spatial Information based on BIM/GIS Interoperable Open Platform
Supported by : Korea Institute of Construction Technology(KICT)
- By, R. A; Knippers, R. A ;Sun, Y; Ellis, M. C; Kraak, M-J; Weir, M. J. C; Georgiadou, Y; Radwan, M. M; Westen, C. J; Kainz, W; Sides, E. J. 2001, Principles of Geographic Information Systems, TC Educational Textbook Series 1, ITC, Enschede.
- DoosanBaekkwa 2013, Social Overhead Capital, Accessed October 7. http://terms.naver.com/entry. nhn?docId=1108228&cid=200000000&catego ryId=200002696.
- El-Mekawy, M; Ostman, A; Hijazi, I. 2012, An Evaluation of IFC-CityGML Unidirectional Conversion, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 3(5):159-171.
- ESRI, 2008, ArcGIS Desktop II: Tools and Functionality, [Online] Available: http://www. google.co.kr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=arcgis%20desktop% 20ii%3A%20tools%20and%20functionality& source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDIQFjAC& url=http%3A%2F%2Fminamjun11.tistory.com% 2Fattachment%2Fcfile25.uf%401830E23E4FB4 AA8F3487CC.ppt&ei=xbZkUKlSxaiIB5eggYgI &usg=AFQjCNG-x0EN8iMhW1eoleoFL78ETzh N1Q&cad=rjt.
- Goh, I; Choi, J; Kim, E; Jeong, Y; Lee, J. 2008, Extracting Building Geometry from BIM from 3-D City Model, The Journal of GIS Association of Korea, 16(2):249-261.
- Hwang, J. R; Kang, T. W; Hong, C. H. 2012, A Study on the Correlation Analysis Between IFC and CityGML for Efficient Utilization of Construction Data and GIS Data, Journal of Korea Spatial Information Society, 20(5):49-56. https://doi.org/10.12672/ksis.2012.20.5.049
- Izizary, J. 2012, Optimizing Location of Tower Cranes on Construction Sites Through GIS and BIM Integration, Journal of Information Technology in Construction, 17:351-366.
- Kim, H. M; Son, B. H; Kim, Y. C; Hong, W. H. 2011, A Study of How to Improve of Building Waste Management Systems, 19(5):53-62.
- Nam, S. K; Choi, H. S; Oh, Y. S; Ryu, S. K. 2008, A study of the Classification and Analysis of On-Ground Facilities for Intelligent Urban Management, Journal of the Korean Society for GeoSpatial Information System, 16(2):23-29.
- Nam, S. K; Oh, Y. S; Choi, H. S. 2008, An Analysis of Urban Ground Facilites for Adoption for Adoption of USN, 2008, The Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies Annual Spring Conference, 72-73.
- Oh, E. H; Lee, S; Shin, E. Y; Kang, T. K, Lee, Y. S. 2012, A Framework of Realtime Infrastructure Disaster Management System based on the Integration of Building Information Model and the Sensor Information Model, Journa of KOSHAM, 12(6):7-14.
- Oh, Y. S; Nam, S. K; Choi, H. S. 2008, Design of an Facility Management System for Urban Ground Facilities based on Ubiquitous Technology, The Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies Annual Spring Conference, 74-75.
- Shinhwa 2013, What is SOC?, Accessed October 7. http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn? blogId=park1289&logNo=58838361&redirect= Dlog&widgetTypeCall=true.
- Yoo, J; Lee, B; Lee, H; Pyo, C. 2011, Research Trend of Urban Facility Management by Using the USN Technology in the U-City, KASM Technical Notes, 80-85.
- Youn, J. 2008, Enterprise Architecture for Linking Administrative Affairs and Spatial Information, Journal of the Korean Society for GeoSpatial Information System, 16(3):95-103.