- Volume 26 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Fabrication and Evaluation of a LED Luminaire for Submarine
잠수함용 LED 등기구의 제작과 평가
- Kim, Sun-Jae (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Kim, Se-Jin (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Kil, Gyung-Suk (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- An, Chang-Hwan (Department of Digital Electronics, Inha Technical College) ;
- Song, Dong-Young (Division of Steel Industry, Pohang College)
- 김선재 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 김세진 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 길경석 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 안창환 (인하공업전문대학 디지털전자과) ;
- 송동영 (포항대학교 제철산업과)
- Received : 2013.09.03
- Accepted : 2013.09.24
- Published : 2013.10.01
In order to develop a LED luminaire for naval-submarines which can replace a conventional one with two-compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) of 18 W, we analyzed the electrical and optical performance of the conventional luminaire. A LED luminaire was fabricated as compact as possible based on the analyzed data. The weight of the prototype LED luminaire is 1.8 kg, reducing up to 58% of the conventional one. The use of LED package for the submarine luminaire could reduce the power consumption from 38 W to 14.5 W with the same optical performance. The reason is that the optical efficacy of the LED luminaire improved by 2.47 times as 61.9 lm/W, compared to 25.1 lm/W for the conventional one.
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- B. H. Song, I. W. Oh, and S. R. Lee, J . IEEK, 48, 102 (2011).
- L. Gu, X. Ruan, M. Xu and K. Yao, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 24, 1399 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2016662
- S. H. Choi, S. M. Song, and D. N. Kim, J . AIK, 27, 65 (2011).
- S. H. Cho, M. W. Lee, H. S. Choi, and H. Kim, J. IEIE, 26, 8 (2012).
- P. Mottier, LEDs for Lighting Applications (ISTE Ltd., and John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Great Britain and the United States, 2009) p. 3-11.
- D. G. Kim and M. E. Thesis, p. 1-3, Korea Maritime University, Busan (2013).
- I. K. Kim, Ph. D. Dissertation, p. 1-5, Korea Maritime University, Busan (2012).
- J. K. Song, J. S. Park, and B. W. Yoon, J . KIECS, 7, 485 (2012).
- I. K. Kim, D. G. Kim, G. S. Kil, H. G. Cho, and K. L. Cho, J . KIEEME, 25, 743 (2012).
- United States Department of Defense, MIL-DTL-16377/53C - Fixtures, Incandescent and Light Emitting Diode (LED), Detail Lighting, Lantern, Hand, Portable and Bulk-head Mounted Watertight Symbols 100.2, 100.2L, 100.3, 100.3L, 101.2, 101.2L, 101.3, 101.3L, 102.2, 102.2L, 108 and 108L, 2005.