- Volume 26 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Design and Fabrication of a LED Floodlight for Naval Vessels
함정용 LED 투광등 설계 및 제작
- Kim, Se-Jin (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Kil, Gyung-Suk (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Geon (Electric and Electronic Research Division, Korea Maritime Equipment Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Il-Kwon (Electric and Electronic Research Division, Korea Maritime Equipment Research Institute) ;
- Song, Dong-Young (Division of Steel Industry, Pohang College)
- 김세진 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 길경석 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 김동건 (한국조선해양기자재연구원 전기전자연구본부) ;
- 김일권 (한국조선해양기자재연구원 전기전자연구본부) ;
- 송동영 (포항대학교 제철산업과)
- Received : 2013.09.03
- Accepted : 2013.09.24
- Published : 2013.10.01
This paper dealt with the development of a LED floodlight for naval vessels to replace the conventional floodlight using an incandescent and a halogen lamp. We found a technical solution for current problems of conventional lights and also improved optical characteristics by developing a LED floodlight which has a typical long-lived light source with high efficiency. To satisfy the requirements specified in Korea Standard Vessels (KS V), the optical structure was designed with selected LED package and lens. A LED module was composed of 10 LEDs in series for stable luminous output, and an aluminium heat sink was adopted for effective heat-radiation design. The LED floodlight was fabricated as a module type so that it can easily replace the conventional light source. The power consumption of the prototype floodlight was only a tenth of a conventional one with the same optical performance. Also, a test showed the floodlight satisfied the electrical, optical and environmental requirements of the standards.
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- US DOE, Solid-State Lighting Research and Development (State and Community Programs, 2011).
- I. K. Kim, D. G. Kim, G. S. Kil, H. G. Cho, and K. L. Cho, J . KIEEME, 25, 744 (2012).
- H. K. Jung, B. M. Jung, S. B. Han, S. I. Park, and H. Kim, J . KIIEE, 20, 1 (2006).
- S. K. Choi, S. J. Kim, D. W. Park, K. S. Kil, C. Y. Choi, and S. B. Song, J . KOSME, 34, 104 (2010).
- Y. K. Cheng and K. W. E. Cheng, 2nd International Conference in Power Electronics Systems and Applications, 174 (2006).
- L. R. Thomas, Street Lighting Design in Light Tools,http://optics.synopsys.com/lighttools/pdfs/LightTools_SLD_whitepaper.pdf (2012).
- G. S. Kil, I. K. Kim, H. E. Cho, H. S. Kwon, and H. G. Cho, J . KOSME, 35, 131 (2011).
- J. S. Lee, W. D. Kim, B. S. Kim, and W. T. Han, J . KIIEE, 22, 2 (2008).
- Korean Industrial Standards, KS V 8427 Floodlighting Incandescent Lamps for Marine Use (2009).
- E. S. Kim and Y. T. Kim, J . KIIEE, 25, 9 (2011).
- J. H. Yun and J. D. Ryeom, J . KIIEE, 26, 2 (2012).
- Korean Industrial Standards, KS C IEC 60092-306 Electrical Installations in Ships - part 306: Equipment- Luminaires and Lighting Accessories (2012).
- Design and fabrication of a high power LED searchlight vol.38, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2014.38.6.737