- Volume 13 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development of job performance assessment tool for dental hygienists
치과위생사의 직무수행능력 평가도구 개발
- Kim, Ji-Hee (Department of Dental Hygiene, Kyungnam College of Information & Technology) ;
- Hwang, Tae-Yoon (Department of Preventive Medicine & Public Health, College of Medicine Yeungnam University)
- Received : 2013.07.25
- Accepted : 2013.10.10
- Published : 2013.10.31
Objectives : The purpose of this study is to develop a job performance assessment tool for dental hygienists. Methods : The development consisted of three steps. The first step was to construct the contents of the assessment tool and a pretest questionnaire. In the second step, validity and reliability tests were done and modified for the pretest questionnaires and an assessment tool was made. The third step was verification of the assessment tool. A total of 678 data from the dental hygienists were analyzed to verify the validity and reliability. The assessment tool consisted of two areas such as job performance and competency/attitude: the job performance area covered four sub-areas including oral health education, preventive dental care, assistance for dental treatment, and administrative management. Results : The number of questions and reliability test result for each sub-area were as follows. Reliability coefficient for oral health education (10 questions) was 0.899, preventive dental care (8 questions) was 0.861, assistance for dental treatment (18 questions) was 0.915, administrative management (8 questions) was 0.919, competency of dental hygienists (11 questions) was 0.947, and attitude of dental hygienists (15 questions) was 0.955. Cronbach
assessment tool;dental hygienist;job performance
- Lee YS. Development of nursing performance appraisal tool using management by objective[Doctoral dissertation]. Seoul: Univ. of Seoul National, 2002.
- Lee YS, Ahn YS, Lim DS. A study on the job analysis of dental hygienists in dental (clinics) hospitals the capital region-focusing on job importance and education-training need analysis-. J Dent Hyg Sci 2004; 4(1): 33-8.
- Ha MO, Youn HJ. A study on the job analysis of dental hygienist in Gwangju. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10(5): 807-17.
- Park YH. Organizational Behavior. Seoul: Parkyoungsa; 2000: 1-546.
- Kim IG, Lee KN. Research on the appraisal of personnel for the development of skills. J Jangan College 22(1): 6-43, 2002.
- Hwang GD. Human resource management. Seoul: Parkyoungsa; 2004: 1-594.
- Min KH. Organizational behavior. Seoul:Muyokpub; 2005: 1-409.
- Yoon JG. The analysis of officials' job attitudes influenced by forming mentoring relationship[Doctoral dissertation]. Daegu: Univ. of Daegu, 2000.
- Youn KH. A study on the effects of internal marketing and organization citizenship behavior on employees effort, satisfaction and customer directivity in financial institution [Doctoral dissertation]. Pusan: Univ. of Dong-A, 2006.
- Lee EM. Development of nursing performance appraisal instrument [Doctoral dissertation]. Seoul: Univ. of Kyung Hee, 2008.
- Lee JR, Park CM. Structural model on hypertensive patient's lifestyle and quality of life. J Health Policy and Administration 2004; 14(3): 66-96. https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2004.14.3.066
- Nam YO, Song KH, Kang HS, Sim HS, Yoo JH, Lee MY, et al. Dental hygienist study on the improvement of long-term practical examination. National Health Personnel Licensing Examination Board; 2011: 1-242.
- Park JR, You JS, Choi BG, Han SJ, Heo SS, Hwang SH. Study on the dental hygienist job expansion. Korean Dental Hygienist Association; 2004: 1-93.
- Hwang MY. Development of an intergrated curriculum model for dental hygienist[Doctoral dissertation]. Seoul: Univ. of Sungshin woman's, 2002.
- Nam YO, Ju OJ, Kim MJ. A study on the improvement of the national dental hygienist practical examination. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(2): 201-9. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.2.201
- Lee DY, Moon JH. A study on the job attitude and job ability between male and female office workers. J Ins Soci Sci 1999; 5: 1-37.
- Lee JS. Delphi method. Seoul: Kyoyookbook; 2006: 1-138.
- Choi JB. Development of a competency evaluation scale for korean health teachers[Doctoral dissertation]. Yeonggi: Univ. of Ajou, 2011.
- Kim KS. Analysis structural equation modeling. Seoul:SPSS Korea Datasolution; 2004: 116.
- Lee SM. Methodology corner:nursing resarch and causal modeling:LISREL. Journal of nursing query 1994; 3(2): 94-100.
- Lee HS, Yim JH. Structural equation modeling with AMOS 6.0. Yeonggi: Bobmunsa; 2007: 33-54.
- Bae BR. Understand and take advantage of the LISREL structural equation model. Daejeon: Daekyung Publishing; 2002: 208.
- Korea Economic Research Institute. Performance measurement. Seoul: Book21; 1999.
- Shin SC. Development of evaluation tool for hospital nurses[Doctoral dissertation]. Daegu: Univ. of Keimyung, 2002.
- Kim EK, Kim YJ, Kim CH, Park MS, An GS, Yoon MS, et al. Standardized training and development direction of dental hygiene studies. Korean Dental Hygienist Association . Korean Association of Hygiene Professors; 2005.
- Kang BW, Kang JK, Kang HK, Koo IY, Kwon HS, Kwon HM, et al. Introduction to dental hygiene studies. Seoul: Jee Seung Publisher; 2010: 1-232.
- Korean Dental Hygienist Association. About the Association, Introduction to College and Graduate School[Internet]. [cited 2013 July 01]. Available from: http://www.kdha.or.kr.
- Kim SH, Jang GW, Won BY, Jang JH, Kang YM, Kim JS, et al. Study on the execution of the test subjects improved dental hygienist country. National Health Personnel Licensing Examination Board; 2008.
- Cho YS. Developing a competency-based curriculum for dental hygiene program. J Namseoul Univ 2004; 10: 409-47.
- Cho YS, Lee SY. Developing a integrated curriculum for a clinical dental hygiene. J Dent Hyg Sci 2005; 5(1): 33-8.
- Effect of Newly Appointed Dental Hygienists' Job Stress on Organization Effectiveness vol.14, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.02.442