- Volume 46 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
New Governmental National Agenda and New Executive Bodies' R&D Strategic Goals on Geoscience and Mineral Resources
신정부 국정과제 및 지질자원 분야 R&D 정책 방향 분석
- Ahn, Eun-Young (Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM)) ;
- Lee, Jae-Wook (Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM)) ;
- Park, Jung-Kyu (Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM))
- Received : 2013.05.09
- Accepted : 2013.09.18
- Published : 2013.10.28
With the advent of a new Korean government, a new national agenda (140 items) was reported. Additionally, Work Plans of the executive bodies were also released, including the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP); the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE); the Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries (MOF); and the Ministry of Environment (MOE); the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport (MOLIT). For government-supported research institutes, it will be important to watch and analyze the changes in the government's primary policies and strategic goals. In this paper, we analyzed new governmental research and development (R&D) policy with respect to geoscience and mineral resources technology. The results indicated that the executive bodies emphasized, for the job creating 'creative economy' and the 'safety and integration society', the establishment of the creative economy; science and technology development based on creativity and innovation; creation of new growth engines by fusion and diffusion; construction of stable energy systems; promotion of environmental industry; and creating satisfactory land services. In the area of geoscience and mineral resources technology, it is time to search for a new, creative, and interagency fusion R&D contents to meet the needs of the public and boost its national competitiveness.
Geoscience and mineral resources technology;R&D;strategic goal
Grant : 지질자원기술 핵심역량 강화 전략 수립 연구
Supported by : 한국지질자원연구원
- Ministry of Environment (2013) Ministry of Environment (MOE) plan 2013, 85p.
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (2013) Work Plan of Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) 2013, 33p.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (2013) Work Plan of Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP) 2013, 72p.
- Analysis on New Research Opportunities and Strategies for Earth Sciences in the United States vol.49, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9719/EEG.2016.49.1.43