- Volume 46 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Global Trends of Unconventional CBM Gas Science Information
비전통 석탄층 메탄가스 학술정보 분석
- Received : 2013.06.07
- Accepted : 2013.08.04
- Published : 2013.08.28
Methane burns more clearly than any other fossil fuels. Coalbed methane(CBM) is natural gas contained in coal beds. This gas is usually producted from coal that is either too deep or too poor-quality to be mined commercially. While global coalbed methane resource estimates are rough, they indicate between 84 and 377tcm, which compares with proven natural gas reserves of 180tcm. Coalbed methane resources are currently only produced on a major scale in the United States, Canada, Australia and China. In this study, we analysed total 109 published papers for the CBM during the 1990~2012 periods by the programs of 'web of science'. The results of analysis, the CBM study led by the United States, the follow India and Australia. In subject area(web of sciences), Energy Fuels is 57, Engineering 58 and Geology 41 papers, respectively.
fossil fuels;Coalbed methane(CBM);natural gas;Coalbed methane resources;Energy Fuels
Supported by : 한국과학기술정보연구원(KISTI)
- Ayers, W.B., Kaiser, W.R., Ambrose, W.A., Swartz, T.E. and Laubach, S.E. (1990) Geologic Evaluation of Critical Production Parameters for Coalbed Methane Resources, Part I, San Juan Basin, Annual Report, GRI-90/0012.14.1, 1-175.
- Yum, B.W., Kho, H.J., Ko, D.C., Hwang, S.H., Kim, T.H., Ko. K.S. and Park, S.W. (2008) The study on the CBM development at the Dogge area, The 2008 Joint Conference of the Geological Science & Technology of Korea, 142-142.
- Christophe Mc., Jamie S. and Steve S. (2013) Unconventional gas - A review of regional and global resource estimates, Energy, 55, 571-584. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2013.01.048
- Hwang, K.S. (2010) The technical, economical characteristics of CBM industry, KOGAS, CGEM, 16-27.
- Kho, H.J., Ko, K.S., Ko, D.C., Ki, W.S., Kim, G.W., Kim. B.C., Kim, T.H., Park, S.W., Park, I.W., Yum, B.W., Lee, S.U., Lee, S.R., Choi, B.Y. and Hwang, S.H. (2008) Exploration of coalbed methane, KIGAM, 2005-R-ER02-P01-0-000, 1-356.
- Park, S.W. (2003) Domestic gas resource potential of coal bed methane, The 2003 Conference of the KSEEG, 213-216.
- Park, S.W., Kim, B.C., Kho, H.J, Choi, S.W., Hwang, S.H., Lee, W.S. and Sim, P.W. (2006) Planning research project on coal bed methane(CBM) potential for Korean Anthracite and possibility of its utilization, KIGAM, 2004-R-RD04-P-01, 1-195.
- Nigel J. Unsworth (2010) LNG FROM CSG - CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES, 2-6.
- Hayeon52(ECOS) (2007) coal bed methane, http:// blog.naver.com/hayeon52/90021620723
- Web of Science (2013) (URL: http://apps.isiknowledge.com)
- Adsorption Characteristics of Sub-bituminous Coal with Different Particle Sizes vol.55, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.12972/ksmer.2018.55.1.037