- Volume 46 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Characterization of Water Quality and Bacteria of Leachate from Animal Carcass Disposal on the Disposal Lapse Time
매몰 시간의 경과에 따른 구제역 가축 매몰지 침출수 특성에 관한 연구
- Choi, Nag-Choul (Department of Rural Systems Engineering/Research Institute for Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Choi, Eun-Ju (Department of Energy and Resource Engineering, Chosun University) ;
- Kim, Bong-Ju (Department of Energy and Resource Engineering, Chosun University) ;
- Park, Jeong-Ann (Department of Rural Systems Engineering/Research Institute for Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Song-Bae (Department of Rural Systems Engineering/Research Institute for Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Park, Cheon-Young (Department of Energy and Resource Engineering, Chosun University)
- 최낙철 (서울대학교 지역시스템공학과) ;
- 최은주 (조선대학교 에너지자원공학과) ;
- 김봉주 (조선대학교 에너지자원공학과) ;
- 박정안 (서울대학교 지역시스템공학과) ;
- 김성배 (서울대학교 지역시스템공학과) ;
- 박천영 (조선대학교 에너지자원공학과)
- Received : 2013.06.02
- Accepted : 2013.08.11
- Published : 2013.08.28
In this study, the physicochemical properties of leachate and the bacteria existence in leachate using molecular biology methods for 4 animal carcass disposals on the disposal lapse time was analyzed. The result of leachate physicochemical analysis in the middle stage (been buried 20 months) showed higher EC, DO,
animal carcass disposal;leachate;disposal lapse time;water quality;molecular biology method
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Abbey, N. and Mark, S. (2004) Carcass disposal: a comprehensive review. National Agricultural Biosecurity Center Consortium USDA APHIS Cooperative Agreement Project Carcass Disposal Working Group, p.1-12.
- Choi, N.C., Choi, E.J., Kim, B.J., Kim, S.B., Park, J.A. and Park, C.Y. (2013) Characterization of water quality and the aerobic bacterial population in leachate derived from animal carcass disposal. The J. Eng. Geol., v.23(1), p.37-46. https://doi.org/10.9720/kseg.2013.1.37
- Davies, R.H. and Wray, C. (1996) Seasonal variations in the isolation of Salmonella typhimurium, Salmonella enteritidis, Bacillus cereus and Clostridium perfringens from environmental samples, J. Prev. Vet., v.43(2), p.119-127.
- Division of Enteric Bacterial Infections, Division of Enteric and Hepatitis viruses (2007) Division of Malaria and Parasitic Diseases. Surveillance Network of Water-borne and Food-borne disease. 1th ed. Seoul; Center for Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Health, p.7-31.
- Engel, B.A., Lim, K.J., Choi, J.Y. and Theller, L. (2004) Evaluating environmenal impacts. Carcass Disposal: A Comprehensive Review. National Agricultural Biosecurity Center Consortium USDA. Kansas State University.
- Fernandes, C.F., Flick, G.J., Cohen, J. and Thomas, T.B. (1998) Role of organic acids during processing to improve quality of channel catfish fillets. J. Food Prot., v.61, p.495-498. https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028X-61.4.495
- Granum, P.E. (2001) Bacillus cereus. In: Food Microbiology. Fundamentals and Frontiers, 2nd Ed. (Doyle, M.P., Beuchat, L.R., Montville, T.J. eds.) ASM Press, Washington, D.C. p. 373-381.
- Ita, P.S. and Hutkins, R.W. (1991) Intracellular pH and survival of Listeria monocytogenes Scott A in trypic soy broth containing acetic, lactic, citric and hydrochloric acid. J. Food Prot., v.54, p.15-19. https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028X-54.1.15
- Kang, M., Kim, M.S., Choi B.W. and Sohn, H.Y. (2012) Organic matter analysis and physicochemical properties of leachate from a foot-and-mouth disease landfill site. Korean J. Microbiol. Biotechnol., v.40(2), p128-134. https://doi.org/10.4014/kjmb.1202.02008
- Kim, D.J., Kwon, O.J. and Byun, M.W. (1997) Combination effects of benzoate, sorbate and pH for control of Escherichia coli O157:H7. J. Food Hyg. Saf., v.12, p.200-204.
- Kim, E. S., Hong, S. W. and Chung, K.S. (2011) Comparative Analysis of Bacterial Diversity in the Intestinal Tract of Earthworm (Eisenia fetida) using DGGE and Pyrosequencing. Korean J. Microbiol. Biotechnol., v.39(4), p.374-381.
- Kim, K.H., Kim, K.R., Kim, H.S., Lee, G.T. and Lee, K.H. (2010) Assessment of soil and groundwater contamination at two animal carcass disposal sites. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., v.43(3), p.384-389.
- Kramer, J.M. and Gi1bert, R.J. (1989) Bacillus cereus and other Bacillus species ln Food borne Bacterial Pathogens. Marcel Dekker Inc., London. p.21-70.
- MAF Biosecurity Authority, (2005) Construction specifications for carcass burial facilities. p.1-8.
- Marinda, C.O, Bridgitta, S., Jacques, T., Pascal C., Denise L., Alexander V.H. and Volker S.B. (2002) Proteomic analysis reveals differential protein expression by Bacillus cereus during Biofilm formation. Appl. Environ. Microbiol., v.68, p.2770-2780. https://doi.org/10.1128/AEM.68.6.2770-2780.2002
- Masuda, S., Hara-Kudo, Y. and Kuagai. S. (1998) Reduction Escherichia coli O157:H7 population in soy sauce, a fermented seasoning. J. Food Prot., v.61, p.657-661. https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028X-61.6.657
- Monika, E.S., Fricker, M. and Scherer, S. (2004) Bacillus cereus the causative agent of an emetic type of foodborne illness, Mol. Nutr. Food Res., v.48, p.479-487. https://doi.org/10.1002/mnfr.200400055
- Oh, D.H. and Marshall, D.L. (1994) Enhanced inhibition of Listeria monocytogenes by glycerol monolaurate with organic acids. J. Food Sci., v.59, p.1258-1261. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1994.tb14690.x
- Rice, K.M. and Pierson, M.D. (1997) Inhibition of Salmonella by sodium nitrite and potassium sorbate in frankfurters. J. Food Sci., v.47, p.1615-1617.
- Ritter, W.F. and Chirnside, A.E.M. (1995) Impact of dead bird disposal pits on ground-water quality on the Delmarva Peninsula. Bioresour Technol., v.53, p.105-111. https://doi.org/10.1016/0960-8524(95)00057-L
- Ryu. J.H. and Beuchat, L.R. (2005) Biofilm formation and sporulation by Bacillus cereus on a stainless steel surface and subsequent resistance of vegetative cells and spores to chlorine, chlorine dioxide, and a peroxyacetic acid-based sanitizer. J. Food Prot., v.68, p.2614-2622. https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028X-68.12.2614
- Turnbull, P. (2001) Guidelines for the surveillance and control of anthrax in humans and animals, 3rd Edition, World Health Organization. p.13.
- Yonng, K.M. and Foegding, P.M. (1993) Acetic, lactic, citric acid and pH inhibition of Listeria monocytogenes Scott A and the effect on intracellular pH. J. Appl. Bacteriol. v.74, p.515-520.
- Characterization of bacteria in monitoring-well, leachate and surrounding groundwater near the animal carcass disposal sites using the gene cloning assay vol.52, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14770/jgsk.2016.52.2.155
- Groundwater qualities of wells around carcass burial areas vol.53, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.14770/jgsk.2017.53.3.433
- Impacts of leachates from livestock carcass burial and manure heap sites on groundwater geochemistry and microbial community structure vol.12, pp.8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0182579