- Volume 44 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Antecedents of satisfaction of eco-friendly seafood: The moderating effect of gender
소비가치 관점에서의 친환경 수산물 제품 만족도의 선행요인 분석: 성별의 조절효과를 중심으로
- Kang, Seong-Ho (Yonsei Business Research Institute) ;
- Hur, Won-Moo (Division of Business Administration, Pukyong National University) ;
- Park, Kyung-Do (Division of Business Administration, Sogang University)
- Received : 2013.08.28
- Accepted : 2013.09.21
- Published : 2013.09.30
The objective of this study is to analyze how consumption value affects customer satisfaction toward eco-friendly seafood products. Moderating role of gender is also examined. For empirical validation of our model, data were collected from a cross-sectional survey of 307 consumers in the South Korea, who have bought a eco-friendly seafood, a representatives eco-friendly product. The results demonstrated several important findings. First, emotional consumption value, social consumption value and functional consumption value had significant positive effects on eco-friendly seafood product satisfaction, Second, interaction effect of social value and gender had a positive effect on satisfaction. Third, interaction effect of functional value and gender had a negative effect on satisfaction. Theoretical and managerial implications are suggested.
Supported by : (재)약수학술진흥회, 서강대학교
- Ahn, K. H. and Lim, B. H. (2005), Marketing Research, 3rd ed., Hakhyeonsa.
- Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency (2013), "Fisheries Safety," accessed September 13, 2013 [available at http://ww.qia.go.kr/ marinePro/qnc/fish_bio_sum.jsp].
- Agarwal, B. (2000), "Conceptualizing Environmental Collective Action: Why Gender Matter," Cambridge Journal of Economics, 24 (3), 283-310. https://doi.org/10.1093/cje/24.3.283
- Albaum, Gerald, Kenneth G. Baker, George C. Hozier, and Robert D. Rogers (2002), "Smoking Behavior, Information Sources, and Consumption Values of Teenagers: Implications for Public Policy and Other Intervention Failures," Journal of Consumer Affairs, 36 (1), 50-76. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6606.2002.tb00420.x
- Alwitt, L. F. and Ida E. B. (1993), "Understanding the Link between Environmental Attitudes and Consumer Product Usage: Measuring the Moderating Role of Attitude Strength," Advances in Consumer Research, 20 (1), 189-194.
- Anderson, J. C. and Gerbing, D. W. (1988), "Structural Equation Modeling in Practice: A Review and Recommended Two-Step Approach," Psychological Bulletin, 103 (3), 411-423. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.103.3.411
- Bagozzi, R. P. and Yi, Y. (1988), "On the Evaluation of Structural Equation models," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 16 (1), 74-94. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02723327
- Bord, R. J. and R. E. O'CONNOR (1997), "The Gender Gap in Environmental Attitudes: The Case of Perceived Vulnerability to Risk," Social Science Quarterly, 78 (4), 830-840.
- Chen, Y. S. (2010), "The Drivers of Green Brand Equity: Green Brand Image, Green Satisfaction, and Green Trust," Journal of Business Ethics, 93 (2), 307-319. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-009-0223-9
- Chen-Yu, J. H. and Seock, Y. K. (2002), "Adolescents'Clothing Purchase Motivations, Information Sources, and Store Selection Criteria: A Comparison of Male/Female and Impulse/ Nonimpulse shoppers," Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 31 (1), 50-77 https://doi.org/10.1177/1077727X02031001003
- Chosun Ilbo (2012), "Halibut Featured Eco-Friendly Mark: Luxury Fisheries Open the Blue Ocean," accessed December 11, 2012 [available at http://biz.chosun. com/site/data/html_dir/2012/12/09/ 2012120901054.html].
- Cohen, J. and Cohen, P. (1975), Applied Multiple Regression/Correlation Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences, Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Cornwell, T. B. and Schwepker, C. H. (1995), Ecologically Concerned Consumers and Their Product Purchases, in Environmental Marketing: Strategies, Practice, Theory and Research, M. J. Polonsky and A. T. Mintu-Wimsatt. eds.(p.119-154): The Haworth Press.
- Davidson, D. J. and Wiluam R. Freudenburg (1996), "Gender and Environmental Risk Concerns: A Review and Analysis of Available Research," Environment and Behavior, 28 (3), 302-339. https://doi.org/10.1177/0013916596283003
- Diamantopoulos, Adamantios, Bodo B. Schlegelmilch, Rudolf R. Sinkovics, and Greg M. Bohlen (2003), "Can Socio-demographics Still Play a Role in Profiling Green Consumers? A Review of the Evidence and an Empirical Investigation," Journal of Business Research, 56 (6), 465-480. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(01)00241-7
- D'Souza, Clare, Mehdi Taghian, and Peter Lamb (2006), "An Empirical Study on the Influence of Environmental Labels on Consumers," Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 11 (2), 162-173. https://doi.org/10.1108/13563280610661697
- D'Souza, Clare, Mehdi Taghian, and Rajiv Khosla (2007), "Examination of Environmental Beliefs and Its Impact on the Influence of Price, Quality and Demographic Characteristics with Respect to Green Purchase Intention," Journal of Targeting, Measurement and Analysis for Marketing, 15 (2), 69-78. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jt.5750039
- Eagles, P. F. J. and S. Muffitt (1990), "An Analysis of Children's Attitudes toward Animals," Journal of Environmental Education, 21 (3), 41-44.
- Edwards, Jeffrey R. and Lisa Schurer Lambert (2007), "Methods for Integrating Moderation and Mediation: A General Analytical Framework Using Moderated Path Analysis," Psychological Methods, 12 (1), 1-22. https://doi.org/10.1037/1082-989X.12.1.1
- Ellen, Pam Scholder, Joshua Lyle Wiener, and Cathy Cobb-Walgren (1991), "The Role of Perceived Consumer Effectiveness in Motivating Environmentally Conscious Behaviors," Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 10 (2), 102-117.
- Follows, S. B. and Jobber, D. (2000), "Environmentally Responsible Purchase Behaviour: A Test of a Consumer Model," European Journal of Marketing, 34 (5/6), 723-746. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560010322009
- Hirschman, E. C. and M. B. Holbrook (1982), "Hedonic Consumption: Emerging Concepts, Methods and Propositions," Journal of Marketing, 46 (3), 92-101.
- Hur, W. M., Kim, J. and Park, K. D. (2007), "A study on the Impact of Consumption Value on Buying Behavior of Digital Convergence Product," Journal of Korea Technology Innovation Society, 10 (3), 458-485.
- Hur, W. M. and Ahn, J. H. (2009), "The Empirical Research on Relationship of Consumption Value, Satisfaction, Trust, Loyalty of Green Product in Elderly Consumer," The Korea Gerontological Society, 29 (1), 195-213.
- Hwang, M. and Jung, H. (2007), "The Study on the Emotional Consumption Value: Focusing on the Relationship with Consumer Innovativeness, New Product Acceptance and Emotional Consumption Value Factor," Advertising Research, 77 (Winter), 145-172.
- Jain, S. K. and Kaur, G. (2006), "Role of Sociodemographics in Segmenting and Profiling Green Consumers: An Exploratory Study of Consumers in India," Journal of International Consumer Marketing, 18 (3), 107-146. https://doi.org/10.1300/J046v18n03_06
- Jones, T. O. and Sasser, W. E. (1995), "Why Satisfied Customers Defect," Harvard Business Review, 73 (6), 88-99.
- Kamakura, W. A. and Mazzon, J. A. (1991), "Value Segmentation: A Model for the Measurement of Values and Value Systems," Journal of Consumer Research, 18 (2), 208-218. https://doi.org/10.1086/209253
- Kang, S. and Hur, W. M. (2012), "Investigating the Antecedents of Green Brand Equity: A Sustainable Development Perspective," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 19 (5), 306-316. https://doi.org/10.1002/csr.281
- Kim, G. W. and Jang, Y. S. (1013), "The Influence of Consumer Knowledge on Seafood Attitudes and Purchase Intentions: Focus on Consumers Visiting to Discount Stores, Journal of Fisheries Business Adminstration, 44 (1), 91-103.
- Kim, Y. (2006), "A Model of the Antecedents of Consumers' Green Purchase Behavior," Korean Journal of Marketing, 8 (2), 1-26.
- Korea Environment Industry Technology Institute (2012), "Increase the Competitive Advantage through Certificated Environmental Mark," accessed November 3, 2012 [available at http://www.me.go.kr/web/286/me/common/board/detail.do?boardId=notice_02&decorator=me&idx=184748].
- Kukje Newspaer (2011), "Increased the Eco-Friendly Fisheries for accident of Nuclear Generation in Japan," accessed November 9, 2011[available at http://www.kookje.co.kr/news2011/asp/newsbody,asp?code=0200&key=20111018.22017193308].
- Lee, K. (2009), "Gender Differences in Hong Kong Adolescent Consumer's Green Purchasing Behavior," Journal of Consumer Marketing, 26 (2), 87-96. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760910940456
- Lee, S. H., Lee, R. and Jung, S. Y. (2003), "The Effects of Variables on Fashion Luxury Brand Purchasing Behavior," Journal of Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 27 (11), 1241-1251.
- MacInnis, D. (2004), "Where Have All the Papers Gone?" ACR News, Spring, 1-3.
- Maeil Business Newspaper (2009), "Blow the Eco-Friendly Fever," accessed October 23, 2009 [available at http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2009&no=335676.
- Maker, C. (2008), "Will Consumers Really Pay for a Green Conscience?" Highbeam Business, May, 20-23.
- Mohai, P. (1990), "Black Environmentalism," Social Science Quarterly, 71 (4), 744-765.
- Moliner, Miguel A., Javier Sanchez, Rosa M. Rodriguez, and Luis Callarisa (2007), "Perceived Relationship Quality and Post-Purchase Perceived Value: An Integrative Framework," European Journal of Marketing, 41 (11/12), 1392-1422. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560710821233
- Momsen, J. H. (2000), "Gender Differences in Environmental Concern and Perception," Journal of Geography, 99 (2), 47-56. https://doi.org/10.1080/00221340008978956
- Mostafa, M. M. (2007), "Gender Differences in Egyptian Consumers' Green Purchase Behaviour: The Effects of Environmental Knowledge, Concern and Attitude," International Journal of Consumer Studies, 31 (3), 220-229. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1470-6431.2006.00523.x
- Naumann, E. and Giel, K. (1995), Customer Satisfaction Measurement and Management: Using the Voice of the Customer, Thomson Executive Press.
- Noh, J. (1996), "The Relevance of Ecologically Concerned Behavior and Lifestyle," Journal of Marketing Management Research, 2 (1), 1-18.
- Nowlis, S. M. and Simonson, I. (1996), "The Effect of New Product Features on Brand Choice," Journal of Marketing Research, 33 (1), 36-46. https://doi.org/10.2307/3152011
- Nunally, J. C. (1978), Psychometric Theory, McGraw-Hill.
- Oliver, R. L. and Swan, J. E. (1989), "Consumer Perceptions of Interpersonal Equity and Satisfaction in Transactions: A Field Survey Approach," Journal of Marketing, 53 (2), 21-35.
- Ottman, J. (1992), "Sometimes Consumers Will Pay More to Go Green," Marketing News, 26 (6), 16.
- Parasuraman, A. (1997), "Reflections on Gaining Competitive Advantage through Customer Value," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 25 (2), 154-161. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02894351
- Pihlstrom, M. and Brush, G. J. (2008), "Comparing the Perceived Value of Information and Entertainment Mobile Services," Psychology & Marketing, 25 (8), 732-755. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20236
- Pope, N. (1998), "Consumption Values, Sponsorship Awareness and Product Use," Journal of Product and Brand Management, 7 (2), 124-136. https://doi.org/10.1108/10610429810216883
- RetailMagazine (2008), "Consumer Survey: The Change of Consumption Behavior Concerning Environment," November, 70-72.
- Rios, Francisco J. Montoro, Teodoro Luque Martinez, Francisca Fuentes Moreno, and Paloma Canadas Soriano (2006), "Improving Attitudes toward Brands with Environmental Associations: An Experimental Approach," Journal of Consumer Marketing, 23 (1), 26-33. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760610641136
- Roberts, J. A. (1996), "Green Consumers in the 1990s: Profile and Implications for Advertising," Journal of Business Research, 36 (3), 217-231. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(95)00150-6
- Schultz, P. W. and Zelezny, L. C. (1998), "Values and Proenvironmental Behavior: A Five-Country Survey," Journal of Cross-cultural psychology, 29 (4), 540-558.
- Sheth, Jagdish N., Bruce I. Newman and Barbara L. Gross (1991), "Why We buy What We Buy: A Theory of Consumption Values," Journal of Business Research, 22 (2), 159-170. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(91)90050-8
- Sirgy, M. J. (1982), "Self-Concept in Consumer Behavior: A Critical Review," Journal of Consumer Research, 9 (3), 287-300. https://doi.org/10.1086/208924
- So, W. H. and Kim, H. K. (2013), "Effects of the Enterprise Image in Korean Processed Marine Product Industry on Consumer's Product Evaluation and Purchase Intention," Journal of Fisheries Business Adminstration, 44 (1), 1-14.
- Stern, P. C. (1992), "What Psychology Knows about Energy Conservation," American Psychologist, 47 (10), 1224-1232. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.47.10.1224
- Stern, P. C., Linda Kalof, Thomas Dietz, and Gregory A. Guagnano (1995), "Values, Beliefs, and Proenvironmental Action: Attitude Formation toward Emergent Attitude Objects," Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 25 (18), 1611-1636. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.1995.tb02636.x
- Straughan, R. D. and Roberts, J. A. (1999), "Environmental Segmentation Alternatives: A Look at Green Consumer Behavior in the New Millennium," Journal of Consumer Marketing, 16 (6), 558-575. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363769910297506
- Swait, J. and Sweeney, J. C. (2000), "Perceived Value and Its Impact on the Choice Behavior in a Retail Setting," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 7 (2), 77-88. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0969-6989(99)00012-0
- Sweeney, J. C. and Soutar, G. N. (2001), "Consumer Perceived Value: The Development of a Multiple Item Scale," Journal of Retailing, 77 (2), 203-220. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(01)00041-0
- Tikka, Paivi M., Markku T. Kuitunen, and Salla M. Tynys (2000), "Effects of Educational Background on Students' Attitudes, Activity Levels, and Knowledge Concerning the Environment," Journal of environmental education, 31 (3), 12-19. https://doi.org/10.1080/00958960009598640
- Walters, D. and Lancaster, G. (1999), "Value-Based Marketing and Its Usefulness to Customers," Management Decision, 37 (9), 697-708. https://doi.org/10.1108/00251749910299066
- Westbrook, R. A. and Oliver, R. L. (1981), "Developing Better Measures of Consumer Satisfaction: Some Preliminary Results," Advances in Consumer Research, 8 (1), 94-99.
- Woodruff, R. B. and Gardial, S. F. (1996), Know Your Customer: New Approaches to Customer Value and Satisfaction, Blackwell.
- Zelezny, L and Bailey, M. (2006), "A Call for Women for Lead a Different Environmental Movement," Organization & Environment, 19 (1), 103-109. https://doi.org/10.1177/1086026605285588
- Zelezny, Poh Pheng Chua, and Christina Aldrich (2000), "New Ways of Thinking About Environmentalism: Elaborating on Gender Differences in Environmentalism," Journal of Social Issues, 56 (3), 443-457. https://doi.org/10.1111/0022-4537.00177
- Zinkhan, G. M. and Carlson, L. (1995), "Green Advertising and the Reluctant Consumer," Journal of Advertising, 24 (2), 1-6.
- The Moderating Effects of Brand Familiarity in the Relationship between Perceived Value of Eco-friendly Apparel Products and Purchase Intention vol.25, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2016.25.4.423
- The Influence of Consumption Values on Attitudes and Purchase Intentions of Consumers towards Gluten-free Products vol.33, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2017.33.2.218
- The Cosmetic Purchase Behavior of Women in Their 20s (Ⅰ) : Focused on Consumption Value vol.67, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2017.67.3.047
- A study on food safety approach for seafood Eco-label chain of custody : Focused on Requirement Analysis by AHP Method vol.46, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12939/FBA.2015.46.3.051