- Volume 17 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Load Balancing for RFID Middleware
RFID 미들웨어를 위한 부하 분산
- Noh, Young-Sik (Regional Industry Evaluation Agency, Jeju Institute For Regional Program Evaluation) ;
- Byun, Yung-Cheol (Department of Computer Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Lee, Dong-Cheol (Department of Management Information Systems, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2013.06.04
- Accepted : 2013.07.09
- Published : 2013.10.31
An RFID middleware system that can process a large volume of RFID data became necessary with the advent of various kinds of ubiquitous services. In this paper, we propose a method to process massive RFID data and provide it to client applications based on ALE-compliant RFID middleware systems. To distribute the requests to collect and process the RFID data from clients, the proposed system gathers the resource information for RFID middleware systems and processes the requests from clients according to the information.
- S. Choi, "RFID Industry Trends and Forecasts," Journal of TTA, vol.95, pp.48-54, 2004.
- EPCglobal Inc., [Internet]. Available: http://www.gs1.org/ epcglobal/
- EPCglobal Inc., "The Application Level Events (ALE) Specification version 1.1 Ratified Standard," Part I: Core Specification, 2008.
- J. Hwang, T. Cheong, Y. Kim, Y. Lee, "Trends of RFID Middleware Technology and Its Applications", Journal of Electronic Communication Trend Analysis, vol.20, no.3, 2005.
- B. Park, "RFID Middleware System based on XML for Processing Large-Scale Data," Journal of Korea Contents Association, vol.7, no.7, pp.31-38, Jul. 2007. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2007.7.7.031
- EPCglobal Inc., "The EPCglobal Architecture Framework," 2005.
- W. Chan, J. Nieh, "Group ratio round-robin: An O(1) proportional share scheduler", Tech. Rep. CUCS-012-03, Department of Computer Science, Columbia University, Apr. 2003.
- A. Raha, N. Malcolm, W. Zhao, "Hard real-time communications with weighted round robin service in ATM local area networks," Proc. of First IEEE International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Systems (ICECCS'95), pp. 96-103, Aug, 1995.
- Yu Shengsheng, Yang Lihui, Lu Song, Zhou Jingli, "least-connection algorithm based on variable weight for multimedia transmission", Proc. of the WSEAS International Conferences, pp. 1441-1445, Sep, 2002.
- Li-Hui Yang, Sheng-Sheng Yu, "A variable weighted least-connection algorithm for multimedia transmission", Journal of Shanghai University, vol.7, no.3, pp. 256-260, Jul, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11741-003-0034-7
- Research of Distributed Computing with REST Open API Web Services vol.18, pp.10, 2014, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2014.18.10.2473