- Volume 55 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Influences of Bulking Materials on Sustainable Livestock Mortality Composting
부자재 종류가 친환경적 사축퇴비화에 미치는 영향
- Won, Seung Gun (College of Animal Life Science, Kangwon National University) ;
- Park, Ji Young (College of Animal Life Science, Kangwon National University) ;
- Cho, Won Sil (College of Animal Life Science, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kwag, Jung Hoon (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Choi, Dong Yoon (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Ahn, Hee Kwon (College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Ra, Chang Six (College of Animal Life Science, Kangwon National University)
- 원승건 (강원대학교 동물생명과학대학) ;
- 박지영 (강원대학교 동물생명과학대학) ;
- 조원실 (강원대학교 동물생명과학대학) ;
- 곽정훈 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 최동윤 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 안희권 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학) ;
- 라창식 (강원대학교 동물생명과학대학)
- Received : 2013.04.01
- Accepted : 2013.09.17
- Published : 2013.10.31
To develop a sustainable composting method for livestock mortality, a natural aeration-composting process was designed and the influences of bulking materials on the mortality composting process were studied. Bulking materials (e.g., compost, swine manure, sawdust, and rice husks), easily supplied at the scene of an animal mortality outbreak, were tested in this research. A lab-scale composting system (W34
Supported by : 농림축산식품부
- Ahn, H. K., Richard, T. L. and Glanville, T. D. 2008. Optimum moisture levels for biodegradation of mortality composting envelope materials. Waste Manage. 28:1411-1416. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2007.05.022
- Ahn, H. K., Sauer, T. J., Richard, T. L. and Glanville, T. D. 2009. Determination of thermal properties of composting bulking materials. Bioresour. Technol. 100:3974-3981. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2008.11.056
- Akdeniz, N., Koziel, J. A., Glanville, T. D., Ahn, H. K. and Crawford, B. P. 2011. Air sampling methods for VOCs related to field-scale biosecure swine mortality composting. Bioresour. Technol. 102:3599-3602. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2010.10.100
- American Public Health Association (A.P.H.A). 1998. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater, 19th ed. Washington. D.C.
- Clark, R. A. 2005. Composting as a large animal mortality disposal option in shenandoah county. Extension is a joint program of virginia tech, virginia state university, the U.S department of agriculture, and state and local governments, p. 6.
- Genaille, D., Chen, Y. and Doan, V. 2005. Effect of carbon amendment on the temperature during composting of cattle mortalities. CSAE/SCGR 2005 meeting, Winnipeg, Manitoba, pp. 1-18.
- Hong, J. H. and Choi, B. M. 1999. The effects of amendments on composting of swine carcass. Journal of livestock housing and environment. 5:45-52.
- Kang, M. A. 2011. 구제역 침출수의 난분해성유기물질 거동특성. Proceedings of KSEG 2011 Fall Conference November 10-11, pp. 234.
- Kang, M. A., Kim, M. S., Choi, B. W. and Sohn, H-. Y. 2012. Organic matter analysis and physicochemical properties of leachate from a foot-and-mouth disease landfill site. Korean J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 40:128-134. https://doi.org/10.4014/kjmb.1202.02008
- Kim, K. H. and Kim, H. S. 2011. 가축 사체 매몰 사후관리 대책 평가 및 제안. Proceedings of 2011 Workshop of KJEA, pp. 27-57.
- Kim, S. J., Kim, H. W., Yoon, S. H., Shin, J. S. and Yu, S. J. 2011. Effective treatment of animal carcass leachate into the livestock manure facilities and sewage treatment plants. Water environmental engineering research division water environment research department national institute of environmental research.
- Looper, M. L., Fitzgerald, A. C. and Rogers, C. A. 2002. Composting of bovine mortalities on new mexico dairies. American society of animal science. 53:1-3.
- Morse, D. E. 2001. Composting animal mortalities. 100-1999. Miscellaneous publication. Agricultural development division minnesota department of agriculture, pp. 6.
- 국립환경연구원. 2011. 악취방지법 제 5조 및 동법시행령 제 9조 1항에 따른 악취공정시행방법.
- 환경부. 2011. 정부, 전국 매몰지 일제 조사 후 보완․정비 착수. 상하수도 정책관실 토양지하수과 보도자료.