- Volume 7 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Perception by Examines of the Radiology Department about Exposure to Radioactivity
영상의학과 내원 환자의 방사선피폭 인지도에 관한 연구
- Received : 2013.08.05
- Accepted : 2013.10.25
- Published : 2013.10.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate factors of perception by inpatients of the radiology department about exposure to radioactivity at the time of radioactive examination, providing basic information for making educational materials aimed to change their perception. Most of those patients, 65.5% responded that CT was a type of radioactive examination bringing highest exposure to radiosensitivity. Most of the subjects, 56.1% said that a body part most vulnerable to exposure to radiosensitivity was the genital gland at the time of radiosensitivity examination. And most of the participants, or 26.3% responded that they obtained information about radiation from TVs or newspapers. Among the surveyed patients, men were higher in scores for factors of the perception of radiation such as recognition of radiation, harmfulness of radiation, psychological state at the time of radioactive examination, prevention of exposure to radioactivity and necessity of radiation that women were, with statistically significant differences between the two groups. These findings suggest that it is urgently needed to develop an education program which helps patients better perceive exposure to radioactivity and that radiologists should be very careful to reduce the does of that exposure. If patients better perceive radiation, they would be less anxious and less exposed to radioactivity when receiving the radioactive examination.
Exposure to Radioactivity;Knowledge;Harmfulness
- Hyun Chul Cho, Study on perception and behavior about radiation safety management and Measurement of radiation dose for workers who work in the angiography room, Graduate School of Public Health Korea University, pp.1-9, 2004.
- Akio Sato, About the outline about the radiation pamphlet for the citizen, 4th The International Joint Conference of KTJ Radiological Technologists, pp.88, 2001.
- Hyun Soo Kim, Study on the knowledge, Perceptyion, and Behavior about the Protection of Workers Who have Risk of Radiation Eposure in Hospital, Graduate School of Health Science and Management, pp.5-23, 2000.
- UNSCERA, Source and Effects of Ionizing Radiation, United nayions, New York., 2000.
- Jai Dong Rhim, A Comparative Analysis of Personnel Awareness for the Safety Management Rule in Diagnosis Purpose Radiation, Gradute School of Administrative Science Yonsei University, pp.1-19, 2000
- Nak Sang Kim, The Survey of Radiologic technologist's sense engaged in Dept. of diganostic radiology about radiation protection, Gradute School of Public Health Kyungsan National University, pp.1-8, 2000.
- Akio Sato, About the outline about the radiation pamphlet for the citizen, 4th The International Joint Conference of KTJ Radiological Technologists, p88, 2006.
- Jeong kyu Park, A Study on Gynecologic Patients Recognition about Radiation Exposure, Graduate School of Health Promotion Hanseo University, pp.1-42, 2001.
- Jun Heo, Radiation Protection for the Patient, Journal of Radiological Science and Technoligy, VoI. 20, No. 2, pp.14-18, 1997.
- Jeong Kyu Park, A Study on Gynecologic Patients Recognition about Radiation Exposure, Graduate School of Health Promotion Hanseo University. pp.1-38, 2008.
- Yoo Hyun Kim, Patient Exposure Dose from Medical X-ray Examination in Korea, Radiological Technology, VoI. 41, No. 1, pp.241-248, 2005.
- J.D. Yeo, H.S. Kim, A study on the image of radiologists perceived by college students of radiology, The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 7 No. 1, pp.107-118, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.1.107
- Eun Ok Han, Byung Sub Park), Knowledges, consciousnesses, and attitudes of some university students on the use of radiation, The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp.221-230, 2005.
- Hwan Hyung Lee, Management on Radiation Exposure of Radiological Technologist Working in Medical Facilitis, Gradute School of Public Health Kyungpook National University, pp.1-6, 1991.
- J.K. Yeo, H.S. Kim, Relations between radiologists' job stress and intent of separation, The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol.5, No. 2, pp.35-51, 2000.
- Awareness and Consciousness Survey of Worker's for Radiation Exposure Dose Reduction from Pediatric Brain CT Examination vol.10, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2016.10.3.207
- Radiological Safety Perception Change after Spatial Dose Measurement of Radiology Department Students vol.40, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14407/jrp.2015.40.3.174
- Analysis of Kindergarten Teachers' Perceptions and Needs about Radiation Understanding Education vol.8, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2014.8.6.365
- A Study on Perceptions by College Students of Radiology about the Knowledge, Attitudes and Behaviors of Radiation Exposure Management vol.9, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2015.9.2.79
- Radiation Dose and Image Evaluation for Position Change in Low Extremity Teleography vol.8, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2014.8.7.409
- A Survey on the Radiation Exposure Doses Reduction Plan through Dose Index Analysis in the Pediatric Brain Computed Tomography vol.10, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2016.10.3.161
- Comparison of Image Quality and Dose According to the Arm Positioning in the Chest CT vol.8, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2014.8.2.75
- Pelvic Measurement Indicators to Produce the Gonad Protection of Female Infants vol.10, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2016.10.2.101