- Volume 13 Issue 10
Nowadays IT service users meet various new IT services and are considering a switch into a new IT service. IT service providers are also developing the strategies to retain and expand their customer base. Studies on switching intention have been one of the most interesting topics in the on-line and off-line markets. In this paper we investigate the factors influencing the IT service switching intention. Our research model includes the relationship between 'switching intention' and 'habit', 'alternative attractiveness', 'present service satisfaction'. In addition, we try to find the effect that 'habit' and 'alternative attractiveness' give to 'switching intention' through 'present service satisfaction'. Finally, the moderating effects of 'switching cost' are examined. This empirical paper proves that 'habit' and 'present service satisfaction' give effects to 'switching intention', and 'alternative attractiveness' give the indirect effects to 'switching intention'. In addition, 'switching cost' has the moderating effects between 'switching intention' and 'habit'.
- 김문구, 박명철, 정동헌, 박종헌, "이동통신서비스에서 전환장벽이 고객유지에 미치는 조절효과에 관한 실증연구", 경영정보학연구, 제13권, 제3호, pp.107-130, 2003.
- 김상현, 오상현, "고객 재구매의도 결정요인에 관한 연구: 고객가치, 고객만족, 전환비용, 대안의 매력도", 마케팅연구, 제17권, 제2호, pp.25-55, 2002.
- 김수현, "스마트폰에 대한 지각특성이 스마트폰 채택의도에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제9호, pp.318-326, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.9.318
- 윤정인, 성수정, 이정우, "이동통신 서비스 전환행동에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구", 경영과학, 제26권, 제3호, pp.169-184, 2009.
- M. A. Jones, D. L. Mothersbaugh, and S. E. Beatty, "Why Customer Stay; Measuring the Underlying Dimensions of Service Switching Costs and managing Their Differential Strategic Outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Vol.55, No.2, pp.441-450, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(00)00168-5
- B. Mittal and W. M. Lassar, "Why do Customer Switch? The Dynamics of Satisfaction versus Loyalty," The Journal of Service Marketing, Vol.12, No.2, pp.177-194, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876049810219502
- R. L. Oliver, "Whence Consumer Loyalty?," Journal of Marketing, Vol.63, No.4, pp.33-44, 1999.
- K. Storbacka, T. Strandvik, and C. Gronroos, "Managing Customer relationships for prifit," International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol.5, No.5, pp.21-28, 1994.
- N. Sharma and P. G. Patterson, "Switching Costs, Alternative Attractiveness and Experience as Moderators of Relationship Commitment in Professional, Consumer Services," International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol.11, No.5, pp.470-490, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564230010360182
- E. W. Anderson and M. W. Sullivan, "The Antecedents and Consequences of Customer Satisfaction for Firms," Marketing Science, Vol.12, No.2, pp.125-143, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.12.2.125
- J. A. Ouellette and W. Wood, "Habit and Intention in Everyday Life: The Multiple Processes by which Past Behavior Predicts Future Behavior," Psychological Bulletin, Vol.124, No.1, pp.54-74, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.124.1.54
- S. E. Beatty and S. M. Smith, "External Searcg Effort: An Investigation Across Several Product Categories," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.14, No.1, pp.83-95, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1086/209095
- M. Limayem, S. G. Hirt, C. Cheung, "How Habit Limits the Predictive Power of Intentions: the Case of IS Continuance," MIS Quarterly, Vol.36, No.4, pp.705-737, 2007.
- A. Bhattacherjee, M. Limayem, and C. Cheung, "User Switching of Information Technology: A Theoretical Synthesis and Empirical Test," Vol.49, pp.327-333, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2012.06.002