- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Clinical Study on Mannan Peptide Combined with TP Regimen in Treating Patients with Non-small Cell Lung Cancer
- Yan, Huai-An (Tumor Department of Siyang People's Hospital) ;
- Shen, Kang (Tumor Department of Siyang People's Hospital) ;
- Huang, Xin-En (Department of Chemotherapy, the Affiliated Jiangsu Cancer Hospital of Nanjing Medical University & Jiangsu Institute of Cancer Research)
- Published : 2013.08.30
Purpose: To investigate short-term response rate, quality of life and toxicities of mannan peptide combined with TP regimen in treating patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Patients and Methods: Forty one patients with NSCLC were divided into an experimental group treated with TP regimen combined with mannan peptide (21 patients) and a control group treated with TP alone (20 patients). Results: Response rates were 61.9% (13/21) for the experimental and 60% (12/20) for the control group (p>0.05). Regarding toxicity, white blood cell decreased more frequently in the control group (65%, 13/20) than in the experimental group (33.3%, 7/21) (p<0.05); nausea and vomiting also occurred more frequently in the control group (55%, 11/20 vs 23.8%, 5/21) (p<0.05). In terms of quality of life, this index was improved by 57.1% (12/21) and 25% (5/20) in experimental and control groups, respectively (p<0.05). Conclusions: Response rate of TP after combined with mannan peptide is mildly increased, while this combination alleviates bone marrow suppression as well as nausea and vomiting of TP, and improves quality of life when treating patients with NSCLC. However, this conclusion should be confirmed by randomized clinical trails.
Pacilitaxel;cisplatin;mannan peptide;non-small cell lung cancer;toxicity
- Deng QQ, Huang XE, Ye LH, et al (2013). Phase II trial of Loubo (Lobaplatin) and pemetrexed for patients with metastatic breast cancer not responding to anthracycline or taxanes. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 413-7. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.1.413
- Gao LL, Huang XE, Zhang Q, et al (2011). A Cisplatin and vinorelbine (NP) regimen as a postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy for completely resected breast cancers in China: final results of a phase II clinical trial. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 77-80.
- Gong P, Huang XE, Chen CY, et al (2012). Comparison on complications of peripherally inserted central catheters by ultrasound guide or conventional method in cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 1873-5. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.5.1873
- Gottesman MM, Fojo T, Bates SE (2002). Multidrug resistance in cancer: role of ATP-dependent transporters. Nat Rev Cancer, 2, 48-58 https://doi.org/10.1038/nrc706
- Gu M, Li SY, Huang XE, et al (2013). A phase II study on continuous infusional paclitaxel and 5-Fu as first-line chemotherapy for patients with advanced esophageal cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 5587-91.
- He Jinbo, Yi Tienan, He Qiushan et al ( 2007). Mannan peptide combined with cisplatin in treating patients with malignant pleural infusion. Tumor Res & Clin (in Chinese), 19, 132-133.
- Huang XE, Li CG, Li Y, et al (2011). Weekly TP regimen as a postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy for completely resected breast cancer in China: final result of a phase II trial. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2797-800.
- Huang XE, Wei GL, Huo JG, et al (2013). Intrapleural or intraperitoneal lobaplatin for treatment of patients with malignant pleural effusion or ascites. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2611-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.4.2611
- Illmer T, Schuler US, Thiede C, et al (2002). MDR1 gene polymorphisms affect therapy outcome in acute myeloid leukemia patients. Cancer Res, 62, 4955-62
- Jiang Y, Huang XE, Yan PW, et al (2010). Validation of treatment efficacy of a computer-assisted program for breast cancer patients receiving postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy.Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 1059-62.
- Li CG, Huang XE, Li Y, et al (2011). Clinical observations on safety and efficacy of OxyContin administered by rectal route in treating cancer related pain. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2477-8.
- Li CG, Huang XE, Li Y, et al (2011). Phase II trial of irinotecan plus nedaplatin (INP) in treating patients with extensive stage small cell lung cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 487-90.
- Li CG, Huang XE, Xu L, et al (2012). Clinical application of serum tumor associated material (TAM) from non-small cell lung cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 301-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.1.301
- Li Y, Yan PW, Huang XE, et al (2011). MDR1 gene C3435T polymorphism is associated with clinical outcomes in gastric cancer patients treated with postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2405-9.
- Liu J, Huang XE, Tian GY, et al (2013). Phase II Study on Safety and Efficacy of Yadanzi (Javanica oil emulsion injection) Combined with Chemotherapy for Patients with Gastric Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2009-12. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.3.2009
- Liu W, Li SY, Huang XE, et al (2012). Inhibition of tumor growth in vitro by a combination of extracts from rosa roxburghii tratt and fagopyrum cymosum. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 2409-14. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.5.2409
- Liu YC, Zhou SB, Gao F, et al (2013). Chemotherapy and Late Course Three Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy for Treatment of Patients with Stage III Non- small Cell Lung Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2663-5. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.4.2663
- Lu YY, Huang XE, Xu L, et al (2013). Potential Predictors of Sensitivity to Pemetrexed as First-line Chemotherapy for Patients with Advanced Non-Squamous NSCLCs. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2005-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.3.2005
- Lustberg MB, Edelman MJ (2007). Opimal duration of chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Curr Treat Options Oncol, 8, 38-46. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11864-007-0020-6
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Collaborative Group (1995). Chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer. A meta-analysis using updated data on individual patients from 52 randomized clinical trials. BMJ, 311, 899-909. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.311.7010.899
- Obasaju CK, Raju RN, Stinchcombe T, et al (2009). Final results of a randomized phase II trial of pemetrexed (P) + carboplatin (Cb) enzastaurin (E) versus docetaxel (D) + Cb as first-line treatment of patients (pts) with stage IIIB/IV non small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). J Clin Oncol, 27, s416.
- Qin HF, Qu LL, Liu H, et al (2013). Serum CEA level change and its significance before and after gefitinib therapy on patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 4205-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.7.4205
- Shu J, Li CG, Liu YC, et al (2012).Comparison of Serum Tumor Associated Material (TAM) with Conventional Biomarkers in Cancer Patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 2399-403. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.5.2399
- Sun MQ, Meng AF, Huang XE, et al (2013). Comparison of psychological influence on breast cancer patients between breast-conserving surgery and modified radical mastectomy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 149-52. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.1.149
- Wang WJ, Tao Z, Gu W, et al (2013). Clinical observations on the association between diagnosis of lung cancer and serum tumor markers in combination. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 4369-71. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.7.4369
- Wu XY, Huang XE, You SX, et al (2013). Phase II study of pemetrexed as second or third line combined chemotherapy in patients with colorectal cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2019-22. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.3.2019
- Xu HX, Huang XE, Li Y, et al (2011). A clinical study on safety and efficacy of Aidi injection combined with chemotherapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2233-6.
- Xu HX, Huang XE, Qian ZY, et al (2011). Clinical observation of Endostar combined with chemotherapy in advanced colorectal cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 3087-90.
- Xu JW, Li CG, Huang XE, et al (2011). Ubenimex capsule improves general performance and chemotherapy related toxicity in advanced gastric cancer cases. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 985-7.
- Xu T, Xu ZC, Zou Q, Yu B, Huang XE (2012).P53 Arg72Pro polymorphism and bladder cancer risk--meta-analysis evidence for a link in Asians but not Caucasians. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 2349-54. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.5.2349
- Xu X, Wang L, Xu HQ, et al (2013). Clinical Comparison between Paclitaxel Liposome (Lipusu ) and Paclitaxel for Treatment of Patients with Metastatic Gastric Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2591-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.4.2591
- Yan PW, Huang XE, Jiang Y, et al (2010). A clinical comparison on safety and efficacy of Paclitaxel/Epirubicin (NE) with Fluorouracil/Epirubicin/Cyclophosphamide (FEC) as postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 1115-8.
- Yan PW, Huang XE, Yan F, et al (2011). Influence of MDR1 gene codon 3435 polymorphisms on outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy for advanced non small cell lung cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2291-4.
- Yao CY, Huang XE, Li C, et al (2009). Lack of influence of XRCC1 and XPD gene polymorphisms on outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy for advanced non small cell lung cancers. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 10, 859-64.
- Yin HT, Tian QZ, Guan L (2013). In vitro and in vivo evaluation of the antitumor efficiency of resveratrol against lung cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 1703-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.3.1703
- Yin HT, Zhang DG, Wu XL (2013). In vivo evaluation of curcumin-loaded nanoparticles in a A549 xenograft mice model. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 409-12. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.1.409
- Yu DS, Huang XE, Zhou JN, et al (2012). A Comparative study on the value of anal preserving surgery for aged people with low rectal carcinoma in Jiangsu, China. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 2339-40. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.5.2339
- Zhan YP, Huang XE, Cao J (2012). Clinical safety and efficacy of Kanglaite (Coix Seed Oil) injection combined with chemotherapy in treating patients with gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 5319-21. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.10.5319
- Zhan YP, Huang XE, Cao J (2012). Clinical study on safety and efficacy of Qinin (cantharidin sodium) injection combined with chemotherapy in treating patients with gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 4773-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.9.4773
- Zhang LQ, Huang XE, Wang J (2011). The cyclin D1 G870A polymorphism and colorectal cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis of 20 populations. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 81-5.
- Zhang XZ, Huang XE, Xu YL, et al (2012). Phase II study on voriconazole for treatment of Chinese patients with malignant hematological disorders and invasive aspergillosis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 2415-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.5.2415
- Zhou JN, Huang XE, Ye Z, et al (2009). Weekly paclitaxel/ Docetaxel combined with a paltinum in the treatment of advanced non-samll cell lung cancer: a study on efficacy, safety and pre-medication. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 10, 1147-50.
- Schiller JH, Harrington D, Belani CP, et al (2002). Comparison of four chemotherapy regimens for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med, 346, 92-8. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa011954
- Role of MYH Polymorphisms in Sporadic Colorectal Cancer in China: A Case-control, Population-based Study vol.14, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.6403
- Experimental Study of Endostar Injection Concomitant with Cryoablation on Lung Adenocarcinoma A549 Xenografts vol.14, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.6697
- Clinical Study on Safety of Cantharidin Sodium and Shenmai Injection Combined with Chemotherapy in Treating Patients with Breast Cancer Postoperatively vol.15, pp.14, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.14.5597
- Effect of Withaferin A on A549 Cellular Proliferation and Apoptosis in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer vol.15, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.4.1711
- In Vitro and in Vivo Antitumor Evaluation of Berbamine for Lung Cancer Treatment vol.15, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.4.1767
- v6 and E-cadherin and Lymphatic Metastasis in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer vol.15, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.5.2221
- Analysis of CEA Expression and EGFR Mutation Status in Non-small Cell Lung Cancers vol.15, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.8.3451
- Anti-Proliferation Effects and Molecular Mechanisms of Action of Tetramethypyrazine on Human SGC-7901 Gastric Carcinoma Cells vol.15, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.8.3581
- Phase II Study on EANI Combined with Hydrochloride Palonosetron for Prevention of Chemotherapy-induced Nausea and Vomiting Following Highly Emetogenic Chemotherapy vol.15, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.9.3951
- Clinical Study on Safety and Efficacy of JiSaiXin (Recombinant Human Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor Injection Manufactured in China) for Chinese Undergoing Chemotherapy vol.16, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.1.299
- Analysis on Early Detection of Lung Cancer by PET/CT Scan vol.16, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.6.2215
- Radioactive Seed Implantation and Lobaplatin Chemotherapy Are Safe and Effective in Treating Patients with Advanced Lung Cancer vol.16, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.9.4003
- Clinical Application of Recombinant Human Endostatin in Postoperative Early Complementary Therapy on Patients with Non-small Cell Lung Cancer in Chinese Mainland vol.16, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.9.4013
- Early Growth Response Protein-1 Involves in Transforming Growth factor-β1 Induced Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition and Inhibits Migration of Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer Cells vol.16, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.9.4137