- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Screening for MiRNAs Related to Laryngeal Squamous Carcinoma Stem Cell Radiation
- Huang, Chang-Xin (Department of Oncology, Affiliated Hospital with Hangzhou Normal University School of Medicine) ;
- Zhu, Ying (Second Clinical Medical College of Zhejiang Chinese Medicine University) ;
- Duan, Guang-Liang (Department of Oncology, Affiliated Hospital with Hangzhou Normal University School of Medicine) ;
- Yao, Ji-Fen (Department of Oncology, Affiliated Hospital with Hangzhou Normal University School of Medicine) ;
- Li, Zhao-Yang (Department of Oncology, Affiliated Hospital with Hangzhou Normal University School of Medicine) ;
- Li, Da (Institute of Immunology, Zhejiang University) ;
- Wang, Qing-Qing (Institute of Immunology, Zhejiang University)
- Published : 2013.08.30
Objective: To use microarray chip technology for screening of stem cell radiation related miRNAs in laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma; study and explore the relationship of miRNAs with radiosensitivity of laryngeal squamous cells. Method: After conventional culture and amplification of the laryngeal squamous carcinoma cell line Hep-2, CD 133+ cells were screened out with combination of isolated culture of stem cell microspheres and FACS for preparation of laryngeal cancer stem cells. After radiation treatment, miRNAs of laryngeal squamous carcinoma stem cells before and after radiation were enriched and purified. After microarray hybridization with mammalian miRNA and scanning of fluorescence signal, the miRNAs of laryngeal squamous carcinoma stem cells before and after radiation was subject to differential screening and clustering analysis. Real-time quantitative RT-PCR was used to verify part of the differentially expressed miRNAs. Results: 70 miRNAs related to laryngeal cancer stem cell radiation with 2-fold difference in expression were screened out, in which 62 were down-regulated and 8 were up-regulated. Fluorescent quantitative RT-PCR results were consistent with miRNAs chip results. Conclusion: Some miRNAs may be involved in self-regulation with laryngeal squamous carcinoma stem cell radiation.
Laryngeal carcinoma stem cells;miRNA;radiation related;differential expression
- Avissar M, McClean MD, Kelsey KT, Marsit CJ (2009). MicroRNA expression in head and neck cancer associates with alcohol consumption and survival. Carcinogenesis, 30, 2059-63. https://doi.org/10.1093/carcin/bgp277
- Blazek ER, Foutch JL, Maki G (2007). Daoy medulloblastoma cells that express CD133 are radioresistant relative to CD133- cells, and the CD133+ sector is enlarged by hypoxia, Int J Radiat. Oncol Biol Phys, 67, l-5.
- Chaudhry MA, Sachdeva H, Omaruddin RA (2010). Radiation-induced micro-RNA modulation in glioblastoma ceils differing in DNA repair pathways, DNA Cell Biol, 29, 553-61. https://doi.org/10.1089/dna.2009.0978
- Friedman JM, Jones PA (2009). MicroRNAs: critical mediators of differentiation, development and disease. Swiss Med Wkly, 139, 466-72.
- Ghotra VP, Puigvert JC, Danen EH (2009). The cancer stem cell microenvironment and anti-cancer therapy. Int J Radiat Biol, 85, 955-62. https://doi.org/10.3109/09553000903242164
- Hambardzumyan D, Squatrito M, Holland EC (2006). Radiation resistance and stem-like cells in brain tumors. Cancer Cell, 10, 454-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ccr.2006.11.008
- Hu H, Du L, Nagabayashi G, et al (2010). ATM is down-regulated by N-Myc-regulated microRNA-421. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 107, 1506-11. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0907763107
- Hime GR, Somers WG (2009). Micro-RNA mediated regulation of proliferation, self-renewal and differentiation of mammalian stem cells. Cell Adh Migr, 3, 425-32. https://doi.org/10.4161/cam.3.4.9913
- Josson S, Sung SY, Lao K, et al (2008). Radiation modulation of microRNA in prostate cancer cell lines. Prostate, 68, 1599-606. https://doi.org/10.1002/pros.20827
- Kang MK, Har BI, Ko MH, et al (2008). Potential identity of multi-potential cancer stem-1ike subpopulation after radiation of cultured brain glioma. BMC Neurosci, 9, 15. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2202-9-15
- Lal A, Pan Y, Navarro F, et al (2009). MiR-24-mediated downregutation of H2AX suppresses DNA repair in terminally differentiated blood cells. Nat Struct Mol Biol, 16, 492-8. https://doi.org/10.1038/nsmb.1589
- Lee KM, Choi EJ, Kim IA (2011). MicroRNA-7 increases radiosensitivity of human cancer cells with activated EGFR-associated signaling. Radiother Oncol, 101, 171-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2011.05.050
- Mangoni M, Livi L, Biti G, et al (2012). Stem cell tracking: toward clinical application in oncology? Tumori, 98, 535-42.
- Moskwa P, Buffa FM, Pan Y, et al (2011). MiR-182-mediated downregulation of BRCAl impacts DNA repair and sensitivity to PARP inhibitors, Mol Cell, 41, 210-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molcel.2010.12.005
- Mueller DW, Bosserhoff AK (2009). Role of miRNAs in the progression of malignant melanoma. Br J Cancer, 101, 551-6. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6605204
- Ng WL, Yan D, Zhang X, et al (2010). Over-expression of miR-100 is responsible for the low-expression of ATM in the human glioma cell line: M059J. DNA Repair, 9, 1170-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dnarep.2010.08.007
- Qu C, Liang Z, Huang J, et al (2012). MiR-205 determines the radioresistance of human nasopharyngeal carcinoma by directly targeting PTEN. Cell Cycle, 11, 785-96. https://doi.org/10.4161/cc.11.4.19228
- Schetter AJ, Leung SY, Sohn JJ (2008). MicroRNA expression profiles associated with prognosis and therapeutic outcome in colon adenocarcinoma. JAMA, 299, 425-36.
- Shin S, Cha Hj, Lee EM, et al (2009). Alteration of miRNA profiles by ionizing radiation in A549 human non-small cell lung cancer cells. Int J Oncol, 35, 81-6.
- Silber J, Lim DA, Petritsch C, et al (2008). MiR-124 and miR-137 inhibit proliferation of glioblastoma multiforme cells and induce differentiation of brain tumor stem cells. BMC Med, 6, 14. https://doi.org/10.1186/1741-7015-6-14
- Valeri N, Croce CM, Fabbri M (2009). Pathogenetic and clinical relevance of microRNAs in colorectal cancer. Cancer Genomics Proteomics, 6, 195-204.
- Wang XC, Du LQ, Tian LL, et al (201l). Expression and function of miRNA in postoperative radiotherapy sensitive and resistant patients of non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer, 72, 92-9.
- Yu F, Yao H, Zhu P, et al (2007). Let-7 regulates self renewal and tumorigenicity of breast cancer cells. Cell, 131, 1109-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2007.10.054
- Expression of miR-296-5p as predictive marker for radiotherapy resistance in early-stage laryngeal carcinoma vol.13, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1186/s12967-015-0621-y
- MicroRNA expression profiles of cancer stem cells in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma vol.47, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3892/ijo.2015.3145
- Radiosensitization effect of hsa-miR-138-2-3p on human laryngeal cancer stem cells vol.5, pp.2167-8359, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.3233
- Downregulation of miRNA-26b inhibits cancer proliferation of laryngeal carcinoma through autophagy by targeting ULK2 and inactivation of the PTEN/AKT pathway vol.38, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3892/or.2017.5804