- Volume 14 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Acute Normovolemic Hemodilution Effects on Perioperative Coagulation in Elderly Patients Undergoing Hepatic Carcinectomy
- Guo, Jian-Rong (Department of Anesthesiology, Shanghai Gongli Hospital of Pudong New District) ;
- Jin, Xiao-Ju (Department of Anesthesiology, Yijishan Hospital, Wannan Medical College) ;
- Yu, Jun (Department of Anesthesiology, Yijishan Hospital, Wannan Medical College) ;
- Xu, Feng (Department of Anesthesiology, Shanghai Gongli Hospital of Pudong New District) ;
- Zhang, Yi-Wei (Department of Anesthesiology, Shanghai Gongli Hospital of Pudong New District) ;
- Shen, Hua-Chun (Department of Anesthesiology, Shanghai Gongli Hospital of Pudong New District) ;
- Shao, Yi (Department of Anesthesiology, Shanghai Gongli Hospital of Pudong New District)
- Published : 2013.08.30
Background: Acute normovolemic hemodilution (ANH) has been widely used to prevent the massive blood loss during hepatic carcinoma. The influences of ANH on coagulation function are still controversy, especially in elderly patients. The study observed ANH effects on coagulation function and fibrinolysis in elderly patients undergoing the disease. Materials and Methods: Thirty elderly patients (aged 60-70 yr) with liver cancer (ASA I or II) taken hepatic carcinectomy from February 2007 to February 2008 were randomly divided into ANH group (n=15) and control group (n=15). After tracheal intubation, patients in ANH group and control group were infused with 6% hydroxyethyl starch (130/0.4) and Ringer's solution, respectively. Blood samples were drawn from patients in both groups at five different time points: before anesthesia induction (T1), 30 min after ANH (T2), 1 h after start of operation (T3), immediately after operation (T4), and 24 h after operation (T5). Then coagulation function, soluble fibrin monomer complex (SFMC), prothrombin fragment (F1+2), and platelet membrane glycoprotein (CD62P and activated GP IIb/GP IIIa) were measured. Results: The perioperative blood loss and allogeneic blood transfusion were recorded during the surgery. The perioperative blood loss was not significantly different between two groups (p>0.05), but the volume of allogeneic blood transfusion in ANH group was significantly less than in control group (
Hepatic carcinectomy;acute normovolemic hemodilution;coagulation function;fibrinolysis
- Bruhn HD, Conard J, Mannucci M, et al (1992). Multicentric evaluation of a new assay for prothrombin fragment F1+2 determination. Thromb Haemost, 68, 413-7.
- Hafner G, Schinzel H, Ehrenthal W, et a1 (1993). Influence of blood sampling from venipunctures and catheter systems on serial determinations of prothrombin activation fragment 1+2 and thrombin-antithrombin III complex. Ann Hematol, 67, 121-5. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01701734
- Kwon HT, Ma GX, Gold RS, et a1 (2013). Primary care physicians' cancer screening recommendation practices and perceptions of cancer risk of Asian Americans. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 1999-2004. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.3.1999
- Liang H, Yang CX, Zeng YM (2006). Effect of acute hypervolemic hemodilution with different colloids on GP IIb/GP IIIa and P-selectin expression in patients with colon cancer during perioperative period. Chin J Anesthesiol, 26, 898-900.
- Michelson AD (2006). Evaluation of platelet function by flow cytometry. Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb, 35, 67-82. https://doi.org/10.1159/000093547
- Murray DJ, Olson J, Strauss R (1988). Coagulation changes during packed red cell replacement of major blood loss. Anesthesiology, 69, 839-45. https://doi.org/10.1097/00000542-198812000-00007
- Ou-Yang SJ, Cui M (2001). Detection of coagulation parameters in elderly. Shanghai J Med Lab Sci, 21, 498-500.
- Pisciotto PT, Benson K, Hume H, et al (1995). Prophylactic versus therapeutic platelet transfusion practices in hematology and/or oncology patients. Transfusion, 35, 498-502. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1537-2995.1995.35695288769.x
- Pelzer H, Schwarz A, Stuber W (1991). Determination of human prothrombin activation fragment F1+2 in plasma with an antibody against a synthetic peptide. Thromb Haemost, 65, 153-9.
- Piecuch W, Sokołowska B, Dmoszy.ska A (2003). Evaluation of selected parameters of blood coagulation and fibrinolysis system in patients undergoing total hip replacement surgery with normovolemic hemodilution procedure and standard enoxaparine prophylaxis. Chir Narzadow Ruchu Ortop Pol, 68, 95-9.
- Saengsawang P, Promthet S, Bradshaw P (2013). Infection with opisthorchis viverrini and use of praziquantel among a working-age population in northeast Thailand. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2963-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.5.2963
- Sriputtha S, Khuntikeo N, Promthet S, et al (2013). Survival rate of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma patients after surgical treatment in Thailand. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 1107-10. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.2.1107
- Wang X, Song ZF, Xie RM, et al (2013). Analysis of death causes of in-patients with malignant tumors in Sichuan Cancer Hospital of China from 2002 to 2012. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 4399-402. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.7.4399
- Yang XY, Shan HW (2002). Progression in diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease: acute coronary syndrome. J Postgrad Med, 23, 1-4.
- Zangari M, Lockwood CJ, Scher J, et al (1997). Prothrombin activation Fragment (F1.2) is increased in pregnant patients with antiphospholipid antibodies. Thromb Res, 85, 177-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0049-3848(97)00002-9
- Zhou X, Zhang XL (2007). Advances in clinical studies of hydroxyethyl starch. Chin Pharm J, 42, 646-9.
- Anaesthetic and pharmacological techniques to decrease blood loss in liver surgery: a systematic review vol.85, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1111/ans.13195
- A review of the application of autologous blood transfusion vol.49, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1590/1414-431X20165493
- Perioperative Blood Management: Pros and Cons of ANH and Cell Salvage vol.38, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7599/hmr.2018.38.1.27