- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effect of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine on Cell Proliferation of Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Cell Line A549 Cells and Expression of the TFPI-2 Gene
- Dong, Yong-Qiang (Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command) ;
- Liang, Jiang-Shui (Southern Medical University Affiliated Clinical College of Wuhan) ;
- Zhu, Shui-Bo (Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command) ;
- Zhang, Xiao-Ming (Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command) ;
- Ji, Tao (Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command) ;
- Xu, Jia-Hang (Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command) ;
- Yin, Gui-Lin (Southern Medical University Affiliated Clinical College of Wuhan)
- Published : 2013.07.30
Objective: The present study employed 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine (5-Aza-CdR) to treat non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cell line A549 to investigate the effects on proliferation and expression of the TFPI-2 gene. Methods: Proliferation was assessed by MTT assay after A549 cells were treated with 0, 1, 5, 10
- Basseres DS, D'Al F, Yeap BY, et al (2012). Frequent downregulation of the transcription factor Foxa2 in lung cancer through epigenetic silencing. Lung cancer, 77, 31-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lungcan.2012.01.011
- Boumber Y, Issa JP (2011). Epigenetics in cancer: what s the future? Oncology (Williston Park), 25, 220-6.
- Carvalho L, Cardoso E, Nunes H, et al (2009). The IASLC lung cancer staging project. Comparing the current 6(th) TNM edition with the proposed 7(th) edition. Rev Port Pneumol, 15, 67-76.
- Ding Y, Long C, Liu X, et al (2012). 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine leads to reduced embryo implantation and reduced expression of DNA methyltransferases and essential endometrial genes. PLoS One, 7, e45364. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0045364
- Dmitriev AA, Kashuba VI, Haraldson K, et al (2012). Genetic and epigenetic analysis of non-small cell lung cancer with NotI-microarrays. Epigenetics, 7, 502-13. https://doi.org/10.4161/epi.19801
- Dolle L, Depypere H T, Bracke M E (2006). Anti-invasive/antimetastasis strategies: new roads, new tools and new hopes. Curr Cancer Drug Targets, 8, 729-51.
- Fischer JR, Ohnmacht U, Rieger N, et al (2006). Promoter methylation of RASSF1A, RARbeta and DAPK predict poor prognosis of patient, with malignant mesothelioma. Lung Cancer, 54, 109-16. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lungcan.2006.06.017
- Friedel G, Steger V, Kyriss T, et al (2004). Prognosis in N2 NSCLC. Lung Cancer, 45, S45-53.
- Gaud G, Iochmann S, Guillon-Munos A, et al (2011). TFPI- 2 silencing i ncreases tumor progression and promotes metalloproteinase 1 and 3 induction through tumor-stromal cell interactions. J Cell Mol Medl Fe, 15, 196-208. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1582-4934.2009.00989.x
- Gl ckner SC, Dhir M, Yi JM, et al (2009). Methylation of TFPI2 in stool DNA: a potential novel biomarker for the detection of colorectal cancer. Cancer Res, 69, 4691-9. https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-08-0142
- Goel A (2010). DNA methylation-based fecal biomarkers for the noninvasive screening of GI cancers. Future Oncol, 6, 333-6. https://doi.org/10.2217/fon.10.9
- Gopalakrishnan S, Van Emburgh BO, Robertson KD (2008). DNA methylation in development and human disease. Mutat Res, 647, 30-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mrfmmm.2008.08.006
- Hube F, Reverdiau P, Iochmann S, et al (2003). Transcriptional silencing of the TFPI-2 gene by promoter hypermethylation in choriocarcinoma cells. Biol Chem, 384, 1029-34.
- Jee CD, Kim MA, Jung EJ, et al (2009). Identification of genes epigenetically silenced by CpG methylation in human gastric carcinoma. Eur J Cancer, 45, 1282-93. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2008.12.027
- Jemal A, Siegel R, Ward E, et al (2009). Cancer statistics, 2009. CA Cancer J Clin, 59, 225-49. https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.20006
- Jin Q, Liu C, Yan C, et al (2012). 5-aza-CdR induces the demethylation of Syk promoter in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell. Gene, 511, 224-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gene.2012.09.053
- Kempaiah P, Chand HS, Kisiel W (2007). Identification of a human TFPI-2 splice variant that is upregulated in human tumor tissues. Mol Cancer, 6, 20. https://doi.org/10.1186/1476-4598-6-20
- Lakka SS, Konduri SD, Mohanam S, et al (2000). In vitro modulation of human lung cancer cell line invasiveness by antisense cDNA of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2. Clin Exp Metastasis, 18, 239-44. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1006755223357
- Li XQ, Guo YY, De W (2012). DNA methylation and microRNAs in cancer. World J Gastroenterol, 18, 882-8. https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v18.i9.882
- Nelson HH, Marsit CJ, Christensen BC, et al (2012). Key epigenetic changes associated with lung cancer development: results from dense methylation array profiling. Epigenetics, 7, 559-66. https://doi.org/10.4161/epi.20219
- Rao CN, Lakka SS, Kin Y, et al (2001). Expression of tissue factor pathway inhibitor 2 inversely correlates during the progression of human gliomas. Clin Cancer Res, 7, 570-6.
- Ribarska T, Ingenwerth M, Goering W, et al (2010). Epigenetic inactivation of the placentally imprinted tumor suppressor gene TFPI2 in prostate carcinoma. Cancer Genomics Proteomics, 7, 51-60.
- Rollin J, Iochmann S, Bl chet C, et al (2005). Expression and methylation status of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 gene in non-smallcell lung cancer. Br J Cancer, 92, 775-83. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6602298
- Sculier JP, Chansky K, Crowley JJ, et al (2008). The impact of additional prognostic factors on survival and their relationship with the anatomical extent of disease expressed by the 6th Edition of the TNM Classification of Malignant Tumors and the proposals for the 7th Edition. J Thorac Oncol, 3, 457-66. https://doi.org/10.1097/JTO.0b013e31816de2b8
- Sierko E, Wojtukiewicz MZ, Kisiel W (2007). The role of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 in cancer biology. Semin Thromb Hemost, 33, 653-9. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2007-991532
- Takada H, Wakabayashi N, Dohi O (2010). Tissue factor pathway inhibitor 2 (TFPI2) is frequently silenced by aberrant promoter hypermethylation in gastric cancer. Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics, 197, 16-24 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cancergencyto.2009.11.004
- Tang Z, Geng G, Huang Q, et al (2011). Expression of tissue factor pathway inhibitor 2 in human pancreatic carcinoma and its effect on tumor growth, invasion, and migration in vitro and in vivo. J Surg Res, 167, 62-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2009.06.015
- Wang S, Xiao X, Zhou X, et al (2010). TFPI-2 is a putative tumor suppressor gene frequently inactivated by promoter hypermethylation in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. BMC Cancer, 10, 617. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-10-617
- Wu D, Xiong L, Wu S, et al (2012). TFPI-2 methylation predicts poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer, 76, 106-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lungcan.2011.09.005
- Zuo T, Tycko B, Liu TM, et al (2009). Methods in DNA methylation profiling. Epigenomics, 1, 331-45. https://doi.org/10.2217/epi.09.31
- Methylation of RASSF1A and CDH13 Genes in Individualized Chemotherapy for Patients with Non-small Cell Lung Cancer vol.15, pp.12, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.12.4925
- Aberrant Methylation of RASSF2A in Tumors and Plasma of Patients with Epithelial Ovarian Cancer vol.15, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.3.1171