- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Death Causes of In-patients with Malignant Tumors in Sichuan Cancer Hospital of China from 2002 to 2012
- Wang, Xiao (Sichuan Cancer Hospital & Institute) ;
- Song, Zheng-Fang (Sichuan Cancer Hospital & Institute) ;
- Xie, Rui-Meng (Sichuan Cancer Hospital & Institute) ;
- Pei, Jiao (Sichuan Cancer Hospital & Institute) ;
- Xiang, Ming-Fei (Sichuan Cancer Hospital & Institute) ;
- Wang, Huan (Sichuan Cancer Hospital & Institute)
- Published : 2013.07.30
Objectives: To analyze underlying disease, fatality rate and the major causes of death of in-patients with malignant tumors in Sichuan Cancer Hospital. Methods: Clinical data of in-patients from 2002 to 2012 were retrospectively analyzed. Results: The top 10 tumors (82.0%of the total) of the malignant tumors of the in-patients were lung, cervical, esophagus, breast, colorectal, nasopharynx, liver and gastric cancers, lymphomas and ovarian cancers. The overall fatality rate was 2.7% during these eleven years, 3.4% and 2.0% for male and females, respectively with statistical significance for the difference (
Malignant tumors;in-patients;disease type;causes of death
- Chen J (2009). Investigation of malignant tumor among army retired cadres in Chengdu. Med J Nat Def Forces Southwest China, 19, 757-8 (in Chinese).
- Chinese Health Yearbook Editing Committee (2010). 2010 Chinese Health Statistics Yearbook. People s Health Publishing House, Beijing 346-75 (in Chinese).
- Gao YJ (2007). Disease composition and death cause analysis of 15626 hospitalized patients with malignant tumor. Suzhou Univ J Med Sci, 27, 101-3 (in Chinses).
- Hao SH, Zhang AL, He M, et al (2012). Death cause analysis of hospitalized patients in Shanxi Cancer Hospital between 2005 and 2010. Cancer Res Clin, 24, 328-31 (in Chinese).
- Li J, Zhang D, Zhang Y, et al (2011). Prevalence and genotype distribution of human papillomavirus in women with cervical cancer or high-grade precancerous lesions in Chengdu, western China. Int J Gynaecol Obstet, 112, 131-4 (in Chinese). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijgo.2010.08.010
- Liu LL, Ji K, Gao YL, et al (2011). Death cause analysis of malignant tumor in death monitoring points between 2002 and 2007. J Prev Med Inform, 27, 8-10.
- National Cancer Institute (2012). 2011 Chinese Cancer Registration Annual Report. People s Health Publishing House, Beijing 1-24 (in Chinese).
- Wang X, Wang AR, Fan JC, et al (2012). Analysis of esophageal cancer screening between 2006 and 2011 in Yanting county , Sichuan. Chin J Epidemiol, 33, 784-7 (in Chinese).
- Zhou JF, Lin H (2010). Death cause and life reduction analysis of malignant tumor in Dalian between 2004 and 2009. Chin J Public Health, 26, 835-6 (in Chinese).
- Acute Normovolemic Hemodilution Effects on Perioperative Coagulation in Elderly Patients Undergoing Hepatic Carcinectomy vol.14, pp.8, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.8.4529
- Experimental Study on Sustained-release 5-Fluorouracil Implantation in Canine Peritoneum and Para-aortic Abdominalis vol.15, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.1.407
- Clinical, Laboratory Biomarkers and Imaging Findings of Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma in Iran vol.15, pp.10, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.10.4349
- R·β-arrestin·JNK Signaling Module vol.15, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.2.1041
- In Vitro and in Vivo Antitumor Evaluation of Berbamine for Lung Cancer Treatment vol.15, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.4.1767
- Role of ERK-MAPK signaling pathway in pentagastrin-regulated growth of large intestinal carcinoma vol.20, pp.35, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v20.i35.12542
- Quality of Life for Patients with Esophageal/Gastric Cardia Precursor Lesions or Cancer: A One-year Prospective Study vol.16, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.1.45
- Role of p38 Signaling Pathway in Pentagastrin-Regulated Cell Proliferation of Colorectal Carcinoma Cell Line HT-29 vol.07, pp.06, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4236/jct.2016.76041
- Downregulation of RASAL2 promotes the proliferation, epithelial-mesenchymal transition and metastasis of colorectal cancer cells vol.13, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3892/ol.2017.5581