- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Efficacy and Safety of Endostar® Combined with Chemotherapy in Patients with Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Zhang, Lu-Ping (Cancer Institute of PLA, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University) ;
- Liao, Xing-Yun (Cancer Institute of PLA, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University) ;
- Xu, Yan-Mei (Cancer Institute of PLA, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University) ;
- Yan, Lv-Jun (Cancer Institute of PLA, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University) ;
- Yan, Gui-Fang (Cancer Institute of PLA, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University) ;
- Wang, Xin-Xin (Cancer Institute of PLA, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University) ;
- Duan, Yu-Zhong (Cancer Institute of PLA, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University) ;
- Sun, Jian-Guo (Cancer Institute of PLA, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University)
- Published : 2013.07.30
Background: Soft tissue sarcomas (STS) are a heterogeneous group of tumors, and approximately 40-50% of patients with STS develop metastatic disease. The median overall survival of those patients was 12 months and their 5-year survival rate was 8%. Therefore, study on more effective treatment, especially the targeting therapies, is urgently needed. Objective: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of Endostar
Soft tissue sarcomas (STS);endostatin;antiangiogenic;survival analysis
- Olsson AK, Johansson I, Akerud H, et al (2004). The minimal active domain of endostatin is a heparin-binding motif that mediates inhibition of tumor vascularization. Cancer Res, 64, 9012-17. https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-04-2172
- Purohit S, Bhise R, Appachu S, et al (2011). Systemic therapy in soft tissue sarcomas: past, present and future. Indian J Surg Oncol, 2, 327-31. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13193-012-0140-8
- Reichardt P, Reichardt A, Pink D (2011). Molecular targeted therapy of gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Curr Cancer Drug Targets, 11, 688-97. https://doi.org/10.2174/156800911796191042
- Riedel RF (2012). Systemic therapy for advanced soft tissue sarcomas: highlighting novel therapies and treatment approaches. Cancer, 118, 1474-85. https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.26415
- Sasaki T, Janne PA (2011). New strategies for treatment of ALK-rearranged non-small cell lung cancers. Clin Cancer Res, 17, 7213-18. https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-11-1404
- Shukla NK, Deo SV (2011). Soft tissue sarcoma-review of experience at a tertiary care cancer centre. Indian J Surg Oncol, 2, 309-12. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13193-011-0119-x
- Tsukagoshi S (2010). [Introductory remarks of the 9th International Conference of the Asian Clinical Oncology Society (ACOS) Congress--Talk to the World Wide from Asia]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho, 37, 2021-23.
- Vincenzi B, Napolitano A, D Onofrio L, et al (2011). Targeted therapy in sarcomas: mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitors from bench to bedside. Expert Opin Investig Drugs, 20, 1685-705. https://doi.org/10.1517/13543784.2011.628984
- Wang J, Sun Y, Liu Y, et al (2005). [Results of randomized, multicenter, double-blind phase III trial of rh-endostatin (YH-16) in treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi, 8, 283-90.
- Blay JY, Le CA, Cassier PA, et al (2012). Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST): a rare entity, a tumor model for personalized therapy, and yet ten different molecular subtypes. Discov Med, 13, 357-67.
- Brand TM, Iida M, Wheeler DL (2011). Molecular mechanisms of resistance to the EGFR monoclonal antibody cetuximab. Cancer Biol Ther, 11, 777-92. https://doi.org/10.4161/cbt.11.9.15050
- Cen L, Hsieh FC, Lin HJ, et al (2007). PDK-1/AKT pathway as a novel therapeutic target in rhabdomyosarcoma cells using OSU-03012 compound. Br J Cancer, 97, 785-91. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6603952
- Cohen MH, Johnson JR, Chattopadhyay S, et al (2010). Approval summary: erlotinib maintenance therapy of advanced/ metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Oncologist, 15, 1344-51. https://doi.org/10.1634/theoncologist.2010-0257
- Cormier JN, Pollock RE (2004). Soft tissue sarcomas. CA Cancer J Clin, 54, 94-109. https://doi.org/10.3322/canjclin.54.2.94
- Folkman J (2002). Role of angiogenesis in tumor growth and metastasis. Semin Oncol, 29, 15-8.
- Heudel P, Cassier P, Derbel O, et al (2012). Pazopanib for the treatment of soft-tissue sarcoma. Clin Pharmacol, 4, 65-70.
- Italiano A, Mathoulin-Pelissier S, Cesne AL, et al (2011). Trends in survival for patients with metastatic soft-tissue sarcoma. Cancer, 117, 1049-54. https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.25538
- Jia Y, Liu M, Huang W, et al (2012). Recombinant human endostatin endostar inhibits tumor growth and metastasis in a mouse xenograft model of colon cancer. Pathol Oncol Res, 18, 315-23. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12253-011-9447-y
- Jiang LP, Zou C, Yuan X, et al (2009). N-terminal modification increases the stability of the recombinant human endostatin in vitro. Biotechnol Appl Biochem, 54, 113-20. https://doi.org/10.1042/BA20090063
- Judson I (2010). Targeted therapies in soft tissue sarcomas. Ann Oncol, 21, vii277-80. https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdq200
- Kaya M, Wada T, Nagoya S, et al (2007). Prevention of postoperative progression of pulmonary metastases in osteosarcoma by antiangiogenic therapy using endostatin. J Orthop Sci, 12, 562-7. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00776-007-1179-1
- Ke QH, Zhou SQ, Huang M, et al (2012). Early efficacy of Endostar combined with chemoradiotherapy for advanced cervical cancers. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 923-26. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.3.923
- Li Y, Huang XE, Yan PW, et al (2010). Efficacy and safety of endostar combined with chemotherapy in patients with advanced solid tumors. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 1119-23.
- Computed Tomography Manifestations of Histologic Subtypes of Retroperitoneal Liposarcoma vol.15, pp.15, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.15.6041
- Anti-Tumor Effect of a Novel Soluble Recombinant Human Endostatin: Administered as a Single Agent or in Combination with Chemotherapy Agents in Mouse Tumor Models vol.9, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0107823
- New Therapeutic Schedule for Prostatic Cancer-3 Cells with ET-1 RNAi and Endostar vol.15, pp.23, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.23.10079
- Effect of Endostar combined with chemotherapy in advanced well-differentiated pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors vol.97, pp.45, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000012750