- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Significance of CA19-9 in Predicting the Prognosis of Urothelial Carcinoma: A Hospital Based Study from Nepal
- Jha, Dipendra Kumar (Department of Biochemistry, Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences) ;
- Mittal, Ankush (Department of Biochemistry, Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences) ;
- Gupta, Satrudhan Pd (Department of Biochemistry, Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences) ;
- Sathian, Brijesh (Department of Community Medicine, Manipal College of Medical Sciences)
- Published : 2013.07.30
Background: The present study was undertaken to establish any correlation of elevated levels of CA19-9 with tumor stage or grade of urothelial carcinoma. Materials and Methods: This hospital based study was carried out in the Department of Biochemistry of Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences between
CA 19-9;urothelial carcinoma;prognosis;Nepal
- Badar F, Sattar A, Meerza F, et al(2009). Carcinoma of the urinary bladder in a tertiary care setting in a developing country. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 10, 449-52.
- Bastos Oreiro M, Lopez Rodriguez M, Monedero Martin MC, et al (2008). Elevation of CA 19.9 in urothelial bladder cancer. Med Clin (Barc), 130, 319.
- Epstein JI, Amin MB, Reuter VR, et al (1998). The World Health Organization/International Society of Urological Pathology consensus classification of urothelial (transitional cell) neoplasms of the urinary bladder. Bladder consensus conference committee. Am J Surg Pathol, 22, 1435-48. https://doi.org/10.1097/00000478-199812000-00001
- Hegele A, Mecklenburg V, Varga Z, et al (2010). CA19.9 and CEA in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: serological and immunohistochemical findings. Anticancer Res, 30, 5195-200.
- Herberman RB (1977). Immunologic tests in diagnosis of cancer. Am J Clin Pathol, 68, 688-98.
- Kikuchi H (2004). Tumor markers of urinary tract carcinoma. Rinsho Byori, 52, 371-80.
- Kong CH, Singam P, Hong GE, et al (2010). Clinicopathological features of bladder tumours in a single institution in Malaysia. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 149-52.
- Pall M, Iqbal J, Singh SK, et al (2012). CA 19-9 as a serum marker in urothelial carcinoma. Urol Ann, 4, 98-101. https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-7796.95555
- Salehi A, Khezri AA, Malekmakan L, et al (2011). Epidemiologic status of bladder cancer in Shiraz, southern Iran. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 1323-7.
- Supit W, Mochtar CA, Sugiono M (2011). Survival of patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder in indonesia: a single institution review. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 549-53.
- Terris MK, Villers A, Freiha FS (1990). Transrectal ultrasound appearance of transitional cell carcinoma involving the prostate. J Urol, 143, 952-6.
- Washino S, Hirai M, Matsuzaki A, et al (2011). Clinical usefulness of CEA, CA19-9, and CYFRA 21-1 as tumor markers for urothelial bladder carcinoma. Urol Int, 87, 420-8. https://doi.org/10.1159/000327517