- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Phase II Study on Breast Conservative Surgery Plus Chemo- and Radiotherapy in Treating Chinese Patients with Early Staged Breast Cancer
- Liu, Yang-Chen (Department of Radiation Oncology, The People's Hospital of Taixing City) ;
- Zhou, Shao-Bing (Department of Radiation Oncology, The People's Hospital of Taixing City) ;
- Gao, Fei (Department of Radiation Oncology, The People's Hospital of Taixing City) ;
- Yin, Xiao-Xiang (Department of Radiation Oncology, The People's Hospital of Taixing City) ;
- Zhao, Ying (Department of Radiation Oncology, The People's Hospital of Taixing City) ;
- Huang, Xin-En (Department of Chemotherapy, the Affiliated Jiangsu Cancer Hospital of Nanjing Medical University & Jiangsu Institute of Cancer Research)
- Published : 2013.06.30
Purpose: To evaluate the efficacy of conservative surgery plus chemo-, radio-therapy in treating patients with early stage breast cancer. Patients and Methods: Eligible patients were treated by postoperative chemotherapy as well as whole-breast irradiation with tumor bed boost. Postoperative radiotherapy consisted of 6 MV whole breast linear accelerator irradiation with two tangential half fields to a total dose of 45~50 Gy, followed by
Breast cancer;conservative surgery;radiotherapy;chemotherapy
- Zhang LQ, Huang XE, Wang J (2011). The cyclin D1 G870A polymorphism and colorectal cancer susceptibility: a metaanalysis of 20 populations. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 81-5.
- Zhang XZ, Huang XE, Xu YL, et al (2012). Phase II study on voriconazole for treatment of Chinese patients with malignant hematological disorders and invasive aspergillosis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 2415-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.5.2415
- Sun MQ, Meng AF, Huang XE, et al (2013). Comparison of psychological influence on breast cancer patients between breast-conserving surgery and modified radical mastectomy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 149-52. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.1.149
- Wang K, Li X, Zhou C, et al (2013). Socio-economic factors influencing tumor presentation and treatment options in Chinese breast cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 267-74. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.1.267
- Wu XY, Huang XE, You SX, et al (2013). Phase II Study of Pemetrexed as Second or Third Line Combined Chemotherapy in Patients with Colorectal Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2019-22. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.3.2019
- Xu HX, Huang XE, Li Y, et al (2011). A clinical study on safety and efficacy of Aidi injection combined with chemotherapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2233-6.
- Xu HX, Huang XE, Qian ZY, et al (2011). Clinical observation of Endostar(R)combined with chemotherapy in advanced colorectal cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 3087-90.
- Xu JW, Li CG, Huang XE, et al (2011). Ubenimex capsule improves general performance and chemotherapy related toxicity in advanced gastric cancer cases. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 985-7.
- Xu T, Xu ZC, Zou Q, Yu B, Huang XE (2012). P53 Arg72Pro polymorphism and bladder cancer risk--meta-analysis evidence for a link in Asians but not Caucasians. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 2349-54. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.5.2349
- Xu X, Wang L, Xu HQ, et al (2013). Clinical comparison between paclitaxel liposome (Lipusu(R)) and paclitaxel for treatment of patients with metastatic gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2591-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.4.2591
- Yan PW, Huang XE, Yan F, et al (2011). Influence of MDR1 gene codon 3435 polymorphisms on outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy for advanced non small cell lung cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2291-4.
- Yin HT, Tian QZ, Guan L (2013). In vitro and in vivo evaluation of the antitumor efficiency of resveratrol against lung cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 1703-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.3.1703
- Yin HT, Zhang DG, Wu XL (2013). In vivo evaluation of curcumin-loaded nanoparticles in a A549 xenograft mice model. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 409-12. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.1.409
- Yu DS, Huang XE, Zhou JN, et al (2012). A Comparative study on the value of anal preserving surgery for aged people with low rectal carcinoma in Jiangsu, China. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 2339-40. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.5.2339
- Zhan YP, Huang XE, Cao J (2012). Clinical safety and efficacy of Kanglaite(R) (Coix Seed Oil) injection combined with chemotherapy in treating patients with gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 5319-21. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.10.5319
- Zhan YP, Huang XE, Cao J (2012). Clinical study on safety and efficacy of Qinin(R) (cantharidin sodium) injection combined with chemotherapy in treating patients with gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 4773-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.9.4773
- Zhang L, Jiang M, Zhou Y, et al (2012). Survey on breast cancer patients in China toward breast-conserving surgery. Psychooncology, 21, 488-95. https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.1922
- Li CG, Huang XE, Li Y, et al (2011). Clinical observations on safety and efficacy of OxyContin(R) administered by rectal route in treating cancer related pain. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2477-8.
- Li CG, Huang XE, Li Y, et al (2011). Phase II trial of irinotecan plus nedaplatin (INP) in treating patients with extensive staged small cell lung cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 487-90.
- Li CG, Huang XE, Xu L, et al (2012). Clinical application of serum tumor associated material (TAM) from non-small cell lung cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 301-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.1.301
- Li Y, Yan PW, Huang XE, et al (2011). MDR1 gene C3435T polymorphism is associated with clinical outcomes in gastric cancer patients treated with postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2405-9.
- Liu J, Huang XE, Tian GY, et al (2013). Phase II study on safety and efficacy of Yadanzi(R) (Javanica oil emulsion injection) combined with chemotherapy for patients with gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2009-12. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.3.2009
- Liu L, Wu K, Lin X, et al (2000). Passive smoking and other factors at different periods of life and breast cancer risk in chinese women who have never smoked - a case-control study in chongqing, people's republic of china. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 1, 131-7.
- Liu W, Li SY, Huang XE, et al (2012). Inhibition of tumor growth in vitro by a combination of extracts from rosa roxburghii tratt and fagopyrum cymosum. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 2409-14. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.5.2409
- Liu YC, Zhou SB, Gao F, et al (2013). Chemotherapy and late course three dimensional conformal radiotherapy for treatment of patients with stage III non- small cell lung cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2663-5. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.4.2663
- Lu YY, Huang XE, Xu L, et al (2013). Potential predictors of sensitivity to pemetrexed as first-line chemotherapy for patients with advanced non-squamous NSCLCs. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2005-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.3.2005
- Neff PT, Bear HD, Pierce CV, et al (1996). Long-term results of breast conservation therapy for breast cancer. Ann Surg, 223, 709-16. https://doi.org/10.1097/00000658-199606000-00009
- Park S, Park HS, Kim SI, et al (2011). The impact of a focally positive resection margin on the local control in patients treated with breast-conserving therapy. Jpn J Clin Oncol, 41, 600-8. https://doi.org/10.1093/jjco/hyr018
- Rouanet P, Saint Aubert B, Fabre JM, et al (1993). Conservative treatment for low rectal carcinoma by local excision with or without radiotherapy. Br J Surg, 80, 1452-6. https://doi.org/10.1002/bjs.1800801134
- Schnitt SJ, AbnerA, Gelman R, et al (1994). The relationship between microscopic margins of resection and the risk of local recurrence in patients with breast-conserving surgery and radiation therapy. Cancer, 74, 1746-51. https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-0142(19940915)74:6<1746::AID-CNCR2820740617>3.0.CO;2-Y
- Shu J, Li CG, Liu YC, et al (2012). Comparison of Serum Tumor Associated Material (TAM) with Conventional Biomarkers in Cancer Patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 2399-403. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.5.2399
- Collins LC, Achacoso N, Haque R, et al (2013). Risk factors for non-invasive and invasive local recurrence in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 139, 453-60. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-013-2539-5
- Deng QQ, Huang XE, Ye LH, et al (2013). Phase II trial of Loubo(R) (Lobaplatin) and pemetrexed for patients with metastatic breast cancer not responding to anthracycline or taxanes. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 413-7. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.1.413
- Denham JW, Hamilton CS, Simpson SA, et al (1995). Acute reaction parameters for human oropharyngeal mucosa. Radiother Oncol, 35, 129-37. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-8140(95)01545-R
- Du X, Freeman DH Jr, Syblik DA. (2000). What drove changes in the use of breast conserving surgery since the early 1980s? The role of the clinical trial, celebrity action and an NIH consensus statement. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 62, 71-9. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1006414122201
- Gage I, Recht A, Gelman R, et al (1995). Long-term outcome following breast-conserving surgery and radiation therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 33, 245-51. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(95)02001-R
- Gao LL, Huang XE, Zhang Q, et al (2011). A Cisplatin and vinorelbine (NP) regimen as a postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy for completely resected breast cancers in China: final results of a phase II clinical trial. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 77-80.
- Garcia-Etienne CA, Tomatis M, Heil J, et al (2012). Mastectomy trends for early-stage breast cancer: a report from the EUSOMA multi-institutional European database. Eur J Cancer, 48, 1947-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2012.03.008
- Gong P, Huang XE, Chen CY, et al (2012). Comparison on complications of peripherally inserted central catheters by ultrasound guide or conventional method in cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 1873-5. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.5.1873
- Gu M, Li SY, Huang XE, et al (2013). A phase II study on continuous infusional paclitaxel and 5-Fu as first-line chemotherapy for patients with advanced esophageal cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 5587-91. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.11.5587
- Huang XE, Li CG, Li Y, et al (2011). Weekly TP regimen as a postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy for completely resected breast cancer in China: final result of a phase II trial. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2797-800.
- Huang XE, Wei GL, Huo JG, et al (2013). Intrapleural or intraperitoneal lobaplatin for treatment of patients with malignant pleural effusion or ascites. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2611-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.4.2611
- Jiang Y, Huang XE, Yan PW, et al (2010). Validation of treatment efficacy of a computer-assisted program for breast cancer patients receiving postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 1059-62.
- Karasawa K, Saito M, Hirowatari H, et al (2013) The role of chemoradiotherapy in patients with unresectable T4 breast tumors. Breast Cancer, 20, 254-61. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12282-012-0336-3
- Blair IA (2010). Analysis of estrogens in serum and plasma from postmenopausal women: past present, and future. Steroids, 75, 297-306. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.steroids.2010.01.012
- Cassileth L, Kohanzadeh S, Amersi F(2012). One-stage immediate breast reconstruction with implants: a new option for immediate reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg, 69, 134-8. https://doi.org/10.1097/SAP.0b013e3182250c60
- Role of MYH Polymorphisms in Sporadic Colorectal Cancer in China: A Case-control, Population-based Study vol.14, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.6403
- Risk Assessment on Anastomotic Leakage after Rectal Cancer Surgery: An Analysis of 753 Patients vol.14, pp.7, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.7.4447
- Acidic Pelvic Drainage as a Predictive Factor For Anastomotic Leakage after Surgery for Patients with Rectal Cancer vol.14, pp.9, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.9.5441
- Anti-Proliferation Effects and Molecular Mechanisms of Action of Tetramethypyrazine on Human SGC-7901 Gastric Carcinoma Cells vol.15, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.8.3581
- Irinotecan as a Palliative Therapy for Metastatic Breast Cancer Patients after Previous Chemotherapy vol.15, pp.24, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.24.10745
- Ginsenoside Rh2 differentially Mediates microRNA Expression to Prevent Chemoresistance of Breast Cancer vol.16, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.3.1105
- MRI-guided Wire Localization Open Biopsy is Safe and Effective for Suspicious Cancer on Breast MRI vol.16, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.5.1715