- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study on Optimal Operation Strategies for Energy Saving in Building Central Cooling System
건물 중앙냉방시스템의 에너지절감을 위한 최적운전 방안에 관한 실험적 연구
- Hwang, Jin-Won (Department of Building Equipment & System Engineering, Graduate School of Gachon University) ;
- Ahn, Byung-Cheon (Department of Building Equipment & System Engineering, Gachon University)
- Received : 2013.08.20
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.09.30
In this study, optimal operation strategies to save the electric energy and power price in the building central cooling system is researched by experiments. The optimal strategies of demand response control and outdoor temperature reset control algorithms are applied by consideration the electric energy and power price according to the energy consumption characteristics. The suggested optimal control method shows better responses in the power price and energy consumption in comparison with the conventional one and saves energy consumption by 9.5% and electronic price by 15.7%, respectively.
Central Cooling System;Electric Demand Response Control;Electric Power Energy;Outdoor Reset Control;Pre-cooling
Supported by : 가천대학교
- J. Hyvarinen and S. Karki, "Building Optimization and Fault Diagnosis Source Book" IEA ANNEX 25, pp. 12-20, 1996.
- S. D. Kim, J. Lee, "Recommended Practice for a Reasonable Design Demand Factor and Analysis of Power Consumption Characteristics by Loads in Office Building", Journal of the Korean Institute and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 19, No.3, pp. 111-118, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2005.19.3.111 https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2005.19.3.111
- S. S. Hong, J. Y. Song, B. C. Ahn, "Energy Saving Control Strategy For Central Heating System Using Outdoor Air Temperature Compensation", Proceedings of the SAREK 2010 Winter Annual Conference, pp. 505-510, 2010.
- B. C. Ahn, J. Y. Song, Y. D. Joo, J. Kim, "Real Time Near Optimal Control Application Strategy of Central Cooling System", SAREK pp.470-477, 2008.
- B. C. Ahn, J. W. Mitchell, "Optimal control development for chilled water plants using a quadratic representation", Energy and Buildings 33, No. 4, pp.371-378, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7788(00)00119-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7788(00)00119-5
- J. W. Hwang, J. Y. Song, B. C. Ahn, "Demand Control Application Strategies for Saving Electric Power price of Central Cooling System", Journal of Korea Society of Geothermal Energy Engineers, Vol. 8, No. 4, PP. 1-7, 2012.
- National Instruments, LabVIEW7 Express User Manual, 2003.